Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

My friend told me about this game and so far I’m level 35, haven’t done any of the main quest, and I’m still confused as gently caress on half the stuff they have introduced.

Like, I still don’t know what a sub-class is and if I have to purchase it or not. Or if it’s talking about my auxiliary.

Apparently I’ve screwed up my Mag already and ex-cubes to reverse it are hard to come by.

I spend half my time just trying to move items around and decide what to sell/dismantle/other.

And I just found these 20x100k exp tickets that could probably take me to level 50 in an instant.

It’s cool, but they packed a lot in to this game and I find the “tutorial” missions not always that helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

So I’ve had a couple of these extreme quests pop up that I keep failing and not sure why.

The latest one was “Kill 2 sites of catredansa in 90 seconds”. I killed the two catredansa in less than 30 seconds and then it said I failed the quest. I’m thinking “sites” is some sort of translation error I’m not getting.

What gives?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

They're all perfectly playable with both. TPS mode is a bit trickier with a controller but otherwise it's fine.

Granted, it's nice to have the keyboard in reach for the hotbar and quick swap buttons.

I tried switching to KBM and found it to be awful. It just felt like way too much swiping the pointer everywhere to click on things in the menus that I didn’t even try actual fighting with it.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Fo/Te works fine on controller but switching between the quick keys with a dpad isn't as convenient as just hitting the numbers on a keyboard.

This is the reason I want to get used to KBM. Dpad to go from katana combat to pots to moons and back just gets annoying in a fast paced environment.

Saagonsa posted:

The secret is that you don't use the mouse to menu. You get really good at tapping the arrow keys in the exact way you need to menu quickly.

I’ll have to try it again soon. I just like not having to shift my hands everywhere. I grew up on kbm for CS, Diablo 2, WoW, etc, so it’s always been my preferred choice but I made the switch to controller for rocket league and dark souls and have gotten used to it.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Rynoto posted:

My personal suggestion for the story is to do it after you're 80 with decent gear and blitz through doing all the hardcores for the SG and never do them again.

I’ve been doing this and it sucks when you complete one and there’s some extra goal you had to complete like damage taken or you missed one monster they hid in some grass you have to cut down. They are already boring as hell as it is, I don’t want to do them again.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Also I still get the pattern of his thorn wave attack backwards and eat the first one almost every time. :doh:

!?

You shouldn’t have to figure out which direction the thorn wave is coming from, just find the blank spots along the front/back of the area that are thorn-wave free.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

or just do the ol' Elder Laser Strat and just stand right at the front of the arena on the edge closest to him and it won't hit you.

I wondered why that laser never seemed to hurt...

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Wait, Arkuma slots can have NOT all three cards be the same?!

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Pyro Jack posted:

I never watched the PSO2 anime even though I had planned to. But anyway, the Omega Apprentice quest wasn't that bad even though I died alot in the final segment because I wasn't use to the Luther Dark Blast yet.

I’m still not sure I’m doing Luther right. His normal attack sucks? And you just shoot beam attacks the entire time? I died a ton and didn’t know where to focus attacks (I just aimed dead middle of apprentice face all the time)

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

The Persona UQ is pretty fun (I like the randomness in its forms) but drat does it make apparent who is under geared.

I couldn’t even tell what was going on half the time, just spammed attacks until he died. It was kind of annoying that when I try to mistreaver (braver) in to attack, it always goes towards the body and I can’t get a lock on his arms.

Also sucks I paid for my remaining goldnia and saphard less than a week ago and now they’re giving it out basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Got an in game email that said “you have left your alliance”, which I didn’t to my knowledge (not goon alliance, I’m on ship 4).

I assume this means I was removed? Probably for not interacting with them much. Been more of a solo player trying to get stuff done.