Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

katkillad2 posted:

This is me, I played it on the Dreamcast and have been waiting eternally for PSO2 to get a US release because :effort: in getting into the Japanese version.

I have found my kin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's a reason you don't play roulette :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So why did it takes years to get an english release anyway?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I am so excited to get addicted to red boxes again you guys

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at the 30 dollar cosmetic pack to look like PSO1

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Boy, my antivirus really doesn't like the anti-cheat. Keeps blocking it poking at a host file.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Between the installer needing multiple installs to update the game that then gets partially blocked by antivirus programs and every resolution setting being random nonsense I'm starting to think this game was made seven or eight years ago or something :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I put three hats on. One blocks my face.

I'll scatter you to the four courtz

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They really needed more than two lines when attacking, holy poo poo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My friend saved up a bunch of xp boosters and stuff to power level me up only to realize that there's no player trade for free accounts lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sometimes it just gives up drawing poor Tricorn's face in a cutscene

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Does someone have a good starting build for how to spec as a Ranger? Looking at this for now: https://somethingaboutlagging.wordpress.com/updated-class-combinations/

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 28, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also with my above question how bad of an idea/even feasible is it to try and set up like I was playing a RAmar in PSO1 and use resta/shifta/deband as a backup support? I used to play with only one other person so they'd tank and I'd DPS and we'd just alternate buffs and supporting lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This game sure has a lot of turbo-anime cutscenes but somehow not a plot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harlock posted:

I think you have to sub-class as a Force or other magic class to do this, sadly. Vanilla Rangers can't use techs.

Maybe I should be a force ranger and mostly ignore my main class then lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks yall, I don't mind if I suck badly as a result, I just want to play PSO1 2 instead of PSO 2, if that makes sense. Obviously PSO2 is not that and much more than that but I am going to make it be that instead :v:

Speaking of which I appreciate that the first two rifle attacks are just "the entire three round burst combo from PSO 1" and "mag dump"

e: Oh I can switch for free too, even better

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 28, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What do photon crystals and drops do in this one?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE loving MOON posted:

I think the PD shop is on the second floor of the shopping area, along with a bunch of other specialty stuff.

Btw, gamepass ultimate is having a special for a dollar for the first month right now. If you sign up and download the win 10 gamepass app you can claim the pso2 rewards and cancel gamepass if you don't want it before the next billing period. The PSO2 perks include some xbox related cosmetics and a bunch of premium stuff, including a bunch of scratchers which will if nothing else will probably give you a bunch of stuff that you can sell for a lot on the player shops.

This doesn't work with regular Game Pass btw, because for some reason it's not on there and only accessible through the microsoft store.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol that you feed your mags tables to make them less dexterous

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is probably a dumb question but how do I dash? I can only dodge roll.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't need to give a poo poo about the ten billion different badges and photon drops and crystals and FUN and whatever the hell else currencies there are at all if I don't care about cosmetics even a little right

Because the game just threw twelve different ones at me and I'm looking at vendors asking for ten thousand of them and uh no thanks, right now I'm just taking exploration missions or some quest and ignoring everything else (largely because half the time it throws me in the game without even letting me look at these daily orders or whatever those are).

It's fun to play and pretty much exactly what I want from a PSO sequel on that front but everything else is a trash fire

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah the server for ship 2 seems to have exploded.

If you're using the techniques to change jet boots element, one option is to have a seperate subpallet where you just have all of your element changing techs. If you're going to be using offensive techs more often you could probably fit 1 or two onto your jet boots weapon pallet. Also, personally, I prefer having the actives on the right side of the pallet, since I'm pressing them less often than resta and such.

Also yeah all red techs are fire, blue ice, etc.

Rifle, launcher, and tmg have a dodge roll as their dodge move. All hunter, fighter, and braver weapons (along with wand with wand lovers activated) have the step dash as their dodge.

Ah got it, the game didn't really explain what a dodge, sidestep, roll, etc were or how they were different. I guess this dash roll skill just puts me back to sprinting?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 29, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Healbot posted:

Are you even playing the game correctly if you go and ignore the fashion?

I'm a robot with three hats on my head and I could choose three different body parts so it's not like there's much to really do anyway? But these all seem like just weapon skins or endgame weapons that I assume I can get sort-of equivalents of anyway if I stick with it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

orange juche posted:

Gotta replace the hats with burgers.

I have not seen a burger hat, which of my three types of badges, four different currencies, or three photon items does that need

I know it's a MMO but boy they went hogwild

e: I solo'd two bosses at once as a random encounter, that's rad

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 29, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's really weirding me out how dolled up and dead eyed every single npc in a cutscene window looks. Please go away.

CYBEReris posted:

Pretty much. PSO1 was one of the design inspirations for MH, which branched out into its own direction focused on attrition and learning monster behaviors.

I didn't know that. Neat!

Bungie's never said but it's impossible that PSO1 wasn't a huge inspiration for Destiny, btw, and I've always appreciated that. The core design and loop and classes are almost identical, along with the top level themes (though for those, only there; Destiny's a sequel to Marathon and Halo thematically as well).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My robot skipped leg day

I'm never taking the hats off my face or the back of my head

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol they went Battlestar 1980 with it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I killed Dark Falz Elder :toot:

He blew up into an anime, but not before he blew up the entire fleet judging from the background, rip everyone else

My reward was shittier rifles than the ones I found in the volcano lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I took the frozen shooter skin off my rifle (never got that thing lol, my best rifle in 1 was the one that halved enemy health repeatedly), holy poo poo rifles are tiny in this

Is there a skin to have the old rifles? I always liked the look of them

E: The Justy! That thing carried me in ultimate lol. I always thought that the Visk looked cool too

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 5, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everyone tells me it sucks but the PA where you just shoot the rifle straight up and the bullets fall around you at random just did 10000 damage to hard Dark Falz Eder while I'm level 27 and also everybody else died so who sucks now :smug:

I think more than PSO 1 rifle camos I want PSO 1 saber camos, that red-purple one looked cool as hell at the time

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 5, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MR. J posted:

Red saber exists in the client as a wand/doublesaber camo. Lavis Cannon is a 14star wand we'll likely get at the tail end of ep4.

I know, I mean the plain old non rare gear though. The regular rear end red purple Saber looked cool. The pallasch maybe?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The more I play the more I realize this is pretty much what I wanted Destiny's strikes and raids to be. I really like how the ship shits itself and throws up red alerts and raid warnings all over the place and someone's on the PA system like "oh gently caress Dark Falz is here someone do something we're being murdered" and if you take the emergency order you just see a bunch of fleets fighting weird hosed up arms and you're on a wrecked frigate or something. Then when you go to fight the core it shows the same fleet and they're totally destroyed. It ends up being a fairly easy loot pinata but in a really fun way and it's still able to wipe you out if you gently caress a dodge up.

There's no real sense of urgency in Destiny, but also, half of the goddamn raids anymore are just running in circles, and it's a huge breath of fresh air that this is just "try not to squadwipe to this thing, also look out for the doomsday laser". Also as stupid as the plot is, and it's very, it's cool that it actually does things instead of staying in a holding pattern for all time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

jokes posted:

Am I doing myself a huge disservice by basically skipping the story missions? I mean, I feel like I know what’s going on. There’s a couple planets, an evil force, the evil force is bad and we need to kill it but it also corrupts things. My allies are various flavors of anime, there’s a shy mystery magic girl, robots.

I don't give a poo poo about those at all, that part is hideously bad.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So, Dark Falz is in the game obviously. Is Olga Flow?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zereth posted:

"hello I am Dark Falz Elder, my hobbies are rock carving and losing fights"

"hello I am dark falz Luther. My japanese name is literally Loser" according to when I googled some armor sets

i was one of the villains in PSO. mmy name was "Loser Fuckface Nerd " and my catchphrase was "i cant fight them! theyre too strong"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had to cancel an update for PSO2 and now the launcher won't load. How hosed am I

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp had to uninstall it, it apparently split itself into two on patching and hosed both :cool:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really don't dig the art style as much as in PSO1. Things feel kind of generic. I really liked how all the Dark/Photon stuff looked in the first one, with the pulsing undulating neon bits. It gave a really cool vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

There's still people playing PSO1 on private servers. :v:

and people are willing to pay a sub fee for WoW Classic.

All this talk reminded me of ps zero on ds. It wasn't good but mobile pso was a good idea at least. It turned out to be in the same timeline as PSO too apparently.

I got to the second to last boss but didn't realize it and just put the game down lol