Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Just rolled a big chonky robot Bouncer. Still doing tutorials, but since I feel like mixing up with both the Blades and the Boots I was wondering about the Mag. From what I am reading I should try to level its Dex exclusively?

I love that all the Cast models just look like Virtualoids. I also swear I saw Beat's Sunglasses (from JSR) as one of the default accessories. Just nice little Sega touches seem to permeate the game.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I'm having some confusion with Bouncer. I know how to do everything, but the Element Charge for the boots is throwing me. I get it and I use it regularly. I know that doing a neutral Weapon Action resets to the base element of boots. Making great progress and having loads of fun.

What is confusing me is that while experimenting in the drop ship I noticed my Elemental Change on the Jet Boots only stayed active for 10 seconds or so. I would do a few normal attacks and get the visual effect for whatever element I used the first few seconds, but it would quickly reset to the basic element (Light in this case). The same thing would happen if I used a Technique and just waited a little bit. I would attack and get no visual effect for an element. I am absolutely certain I did not do a Weapon Action any of the times I tried this and the same thing happened every time. I am actually headed to work and needed to log off right after I noticed, so I can't experiment until later. I was under the impression that my charge would stay until I purposely (or accidentally) reset it.

So, I guess I have two questions.

1) Is there some way to tell what element the boots are set to other than the visual effect?

2)Is the reason I'm losing the Element Charge because I do not have enough Gear/Focus? If so, will it resume whatever Charge I had it set to when I recover Focus?

I'm sorry to annoy people. I'm sure this has come up before, and I have even seen people ask similar questions elsewhere. The only answer anyone ever gives is "The only thing that clears charge is using a Weapon Action.", which again, I absolutely am not using. I have made sure to press either basic attack only or literally nothing.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Its so wild hearing about all these issues people have. I've played for close to 30 hours now and have had 2 random disconnects, one occasion of the game not launching with an error, and one fail to launch because I didn't notice the server was down.

I am using an i7 laptop from 2011 with 16 GB of ram and a 630m GPU. I play at 1650x1080 on my external monitor with no issues whatsoever graphically, except when the lobby is packed obviously. I do use PSO Tweaker, but still, all these complaints are just wild.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
You can dump stuff to storage from anywhere, even midmission on a field.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I like WinDirStat for my file locating purposes. Is taking ownership of the install folder actually a good idea? In my experience, doing that to anything other than your basic Windows directory is a one way ticket to everything breaking. I know its usually the first trouble shooting tip that comes up, but I distrust the advice on a deep level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Reminder, the Clear Story Quest Campaign ends tomorrow evening. So if you're wanting that 40SG or this cape or emote, you have to clear about 2/3rds of the way through Episode 2 by tomorrow night.

As per the PSO2 website, matinence starts at 11pm PST on June 23rd. Which means June 24th 2am in EST.