Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zereth posted:

To my understanding there were plot parts that weren't in an Actual Cutscene and all of those weren't included, which helps things be extra disjointed.

this explains so much lmao

ep1 was so loving confusing bc of this
ep2 as well to a lesser degree. i'm in the middle of ep3 and i still don't get what the hell photoners or luther are in context or what falspawn or aaaaaa

edit:
i didnt know the second 'mothership' poo poo was even a thing until the urgent quest where they go 'the corrupted former mothership' like wth are they tlaking about whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Stanos posted:

Episode 2 in original PSO is just you figuring out that Flowen is dying because Falz hit him with the d-cell plague or some poo poo and then he agrees to let scientists look at it under the condition that the next ship is warned of the dangers and his family is known of his plight. Being scientists in a video game, they honor neither of these requests and then do weird poo poo like shove an AI program into him which of course doesn't work out because when has powering stuff by satan or profound darkness ever worked out?

But also as far as I know PSO isn't canon and neither is PSO2 which is kinda nice I guess. They can just do whatever they want.

it still weirds me out that the player faction is called ARKS like pso ep3 instead of coming up with a new name like guardians in psu or going back to hunter's guild but i guess it apparently stands for something now

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

let me hang out with ethan waber and maia

i cant fuckin believe psu has a better story

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zereth posted:

"hello I am Dark Falz Elder, my hobbies are rock carving and losing fights"

"hello I am dark falz Luther. My japanese name is literally Loser" according to when I googled some armor sets

this is just an extension of psu, where dark falz is some dipshit robot man who turns into a wall boss and then de role le before becoming the prototype for all the psu dark falz big fights
pso2 is a sequel to psu instead of pso and it kinda sucks for that stuff but shrug

the anime so far has made the story make sense and not suck and i actually wish the game had the tone of it because it's weirdly dark. the amount of people who die really horrific deaths and it setting it how desperate the fight is puts things into better perspective

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Annath posted:

I checked out the first episode of the Episode Oracle anime, and was quite surprised at the severed head in the first 15 minutes.

rip sue