Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I started playing this having not really heard of it (it came out in JP in 2012???) but saw an ad for it on the xbox dash and have fond memories of the dreamcast game.

Is there a good beginner's guide somewhere? Or at least some guidance on ways not to gently caress yourself over? I've been playing a braver and gravitating towards the bow, so I fed my mag towards ranged damage.

The basics of the game are obvious and fun but the systems surrounding it are not well explained thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I played the open beta a bit on xbone and figured I'd wait for PC to play for real and now I'm in the unfortunate spot of remembering enough to not want to start over but not having played long enough to remember what the gently caress I was doing. Does a decent guide exist yet?

Bow Braver still fun though.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Maybe it's not worth the $$ for a FTP game but if they had just cleaned up the drat menus and bloat and I could log in with a list of missions to do without worrying about missing some quest or core gameplay feature or the horrendous storage situation or not knowing if any of these junk loot items are any good or not, I would probably really like this game.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

This might be really handy for some people - after setting a mission, if you go to the globe menu and click on client orders, this option becomes available, letting you grab any relevant orders for that mission.

Alternatively, when you're at an NPC, or from your client orders menu you can click this drop down and filter by region.

Wow well this dramatically improved questing. Thank you.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
As someone who found the core gameplay of pso2 fun but was overwhelmed by the systems and poor UI, a realm reborn style reboot sounds perfect and will probably hook me in.