Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So I downloaded this on a whim since I don't have any games I'm playing right now and having played PSO and PSO: BB extensively it's such a weird combination of familiarity and overwhelming complexity. Hoping I can get a decent amount of enjoyment out of it until Cyberpunk comes out without tossing a ton of money at it. I'm playing Braver which seems fun, I like the bow, considering switching over to a Force as I always had fun with those as well back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

MR. J posted:

You get 3 free character slots, each with their own mag so it's worth to roll your alts for alternative classes. Also they help you generate more income.

Rynoto posted:

Definitely have all three slots filled before the update soon as they'll almost certainly send out tree reset passes to them all as it's per character and not per account.

Will do

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

So last night I created 2 other characters so I had those ready, then hopped back on my Braver to try and get some more questing done. I really thought I was getting my head around this game and then what happened made me feel like I was on drugs.

I did some mission/quest thing that came up in the counter where I had to run through a bunch of areas and kill mobs on a timer. The only area I'd been in before was the volcano at the beginning, everything else felt like a bad trip. Someone else was running around with me with a double saber and just ending mobs left and right, I thought maybe some other player joined, but I never saw anything in my party list. At some point I was in a giant mech with a machine gun and sword? There were mind controlled zombies I think at some point? At the end we got sent to an area that just had a thing that shot out a bunch of loot.

I have no idea what happened, but I got some nice discs out of it.

I do have a few general questions:

- Are there more "normal" outfits or is all costume stuff from the paid stores? I enjoy the scifi anime look of the default outfits and would like to see more
- How do I actually browse all the outfits in the shops? I only seem to see actual ones in the "fresh finds" section, everything else doesn't seem to actually have anything.
- I have like 10 of these 100k exp tickets (I used like 5 before thinking about it) should I just use them all up?

I'm on xbox if it matters.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

AweStriker posted:

Sounds like you tried the Limited-Time quest we have going on. Do you want additional context for any of this?

Ah, yeah I think that's what it was called. I imagine these are all areas from much later in the story?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Do I have to have premium to have a shop? NPCing all these rare drops I’ll never use feels like such a waste...

Also there’s a bunch of outfits I want that don’t seem to be in the current scratch tickets so I need meseta to be a pretty space princess.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Ardeem posted:

If you play the FUN scratch, you'll occassionally get 3 day shop passes out. You only need it active to list items, taking them down or collecting the money from their sales doesn't require anything. (You can buy 1,000 FUN tickets at the EX-cube shop for 2 cubes)

Excellent.

I fear I’m getting sucked into this game, I was just going to play to fill the time until the PS5 comes and now I’m wondering if I should get an Xbox series x so I can play new genesis...

What’s really nice is how I can run 2-3 missions in less than an hour, I don’t get a ton of extended time to play these days so being able to complete a few things in a short time feels nice.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think NGS is still on the XBone

Yeah but this already runs like poo on the One S, I can't imagine NGS being great.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh on an S? Yeaaaaaaaaah..

lol yeah, bought the S as a secondary console for Forza, never intended to do a whole lot with it, but it's serving as my main console since a storm took out my PS4 Pro. Womp womp.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Okay so I tossed some cash at the game last night to get premium (Fun scratch denied me shop access) and a few scratch tickets. Lucked out and got a couple cool looking outfits and the ones I got I didn't like sell for a lot of meseta so I can look around and buy the ones I do like. I wish it was a little easier to browse them, but I found a good listing of them online so I just search the names of ones that look cool.

Question: How do I get an extreme quest? I have some passes and a quest to clear one but I can't seem to find one in the quest menu.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Sub Quests --> Extreme Quests + Being level 50+ for the first three and 75+ for the Heaven & Earth one.

Ahhh, that'd do it then, I'm 48 so they won't show yet.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

I'm having some regrets about braver after playing more, I'm on a controller and the targeting can get a little clunky sometimes and running more with other people other classes seem to be able to more easily target AoE than I can. Maybe I just suck at bow braver. I'm just annoyed that I'm at 49 now and feel like I wasted a bit of time and should have not used up all my exp tickets.

Edit: looks like they're doing a big EXP ticket campaign over the next week so it'd be a good time to either see Braver through or swap.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 30, 2020

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Personal shops being down is a bummer.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

So layered outfits are tricky expensive since base and inner layers are often like 5 mil+ when the outer is like 400k, ugh. I got a cool looking outer from a ticket but the base is insane so barring me finding it in a scratch I’ll probably never complete the outfit. Also, some outers seem to override the base or inner while others don’t, which is annoying.

In non fashion news, I got force up to 51 and am having more fun with it than Braver. I was really missing access to techs as I was used to that in the original PSO (main was a RAmarl so I could do decent support). Class play feels a bit simpler even if finding all the discs is a bit of a pain.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Managed to hit 75 (now 76) on Force over the weekend, levels definitely take longer now but that's fine. I think I can convert some of my silver keys into a gold to try and cheese out a few more levels before I run out of keys completely.

I'm at the point where I probably need to get my head around what gear I should be working towards at this point though, here's where I'm at right now:

Force (76)/Techter (56)
Mag: 102 (all tech)
Weapon: Nox Lipher
Units: Stellar Wall +7 (in all 3 slots)
L Ring: Tech Charge Parry 1
R Ring: C Tech 1

I picked up most of this stuff from the player shops after selling off some scratch stuff I didn't like, tried to find ones that had decent stats for the cheaper range of them all since I didn't know what I was doing. I know I need to finish my mag, grind out my rings, I'll be working on fleshing out my technique list this week. I wasn't sure if I should bother grinding this rod or just start working on a better one? Also those units were given to me when I hit 75 and the stats seemed decent so I upgraded them until it started getting wonky on me, figure there's probably a better set to sink my resources into.

I've been basing my build off of some one's I found online, I've only minorly messed mine up before finding guides (tossed too many points into the first tech up), but I'll reset later once people have figured out better builds for the new cap.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Getting the Stellar Walls to +10 is worthwhile, there's never a reason to have unupgraded units and the affixes on those will carry you for some time until you find something better. Get a bunch of -1 grind thingos from the Fun Scratch, it'll help.

As for the rod, it's probably not worth grinding that one out but I'm not sure what the current hotness for cheap rods is. The "Next 13*" Collection File is worth doing, not for the weapons themselves but because they come at +30 you can easily just get four from the file and use them to fully grind another 13* weapon and save on Lambda Grinders.
I'll work on grinding out the units then, thanks!

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, the easiest upgrade you can do right now would be replacing your Nox Rod with a Psycho Rod. Psycho Rod has a pretty nuts potential.

I'll look into that one, thanks.

While I'm at it, I somehow ended up with 40 Rising Weapon 4 badges and only need 10 more for one of the new weapons, but I'm not sure if that's actually any good or just used for upgrade fodder.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

brand engager posted:

You need 6 copies of those so you can mash 5 of them into the remaining one. Those are used as part of some upgrade stuff for a specific weapon.

Edit: this poo poo

Jesus christ.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hivac posted:

on the upside aex is still 100% viable on jp even after being power crept by lightstream/liberate/whatever new malarkey they put in for the ep6 endgame due to a 2nd potential being added later so imo it's worth the hurdles. They may or may not have quests at some point that you can grind for lumiere drops which helped tremendously on jp

there's not really going to be very many "easy" strong weapons from this point on (i.e. they almost all require some upgrade steps like these) so i guess it depends on individual desire. I sure as hell didn't have much left in me after finishing 3 weapons but i am also a burnt out husk of a pso2 player so your mileage may vary

I do wonder how quickly I'll run into the wall of time needed in this game. So far is been great because I usually only have 1-2 hours I can play most days and with how short a lot of the missions are I feel like I can get a decent amount done. At some point I'm guessing that amount of time isn't going to be enough, but we'll see. I ran into this issue with FFXIV, which is one of the reasons I don't play anymore (the other being I played it for like 5 years so I was just burned out).

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

My "daily" chores break down to:

1) Recommended exploration w/daily client orders - ~15 minutes
2) Buster quest- 10-20 minutes per run
3) Daily crafting orders - ~5 minutes
4) Shop management - ~10 minutes

The rest of the time is spent working on any weekly/tier missions I haven't completed yet, picking away at the story, etc. Where I really lose time those if when UQs pop up.

That's not too bad, as long as I don't hit the wall too hard before NGS comes out I think I'll be good.

Also, picked up a Psycho Wand last night, ground it up a few levels before realizing the element on is is no where near the max. Looked up how I can raise that and said gently caress that so back up on the marketplace it goes. I may just grind out advance quests to see how quick I can get 400 badges for a Nemesis...

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Why is this game the loudest thing in existence? I have to play on my TVs lowest volume setting so I don't feel assaulted every time I use a menu.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

The massive range of genre in the fashion of this game makes it loving impossible. I’m so used to the sci-fi aesthetic from the first PSO that it feels wrong to not be in that (and a lot of the weapons fit in that), but I’m really digging some of the new scratch stuff.

If it all wasn’t so expensive I’d be more down to collect some outfits but all of the inner/base costs are just insane. I know it’s since they can’t be sold once you use them unlock outers and outfits, but still. I’ll probably break down and buy more AC this week because I’m a chump.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hopped on this morning to some good sales of a batch of Sigma weapons I got yesterday in some random runs and my Psycho wand finally sold. Someone was selling a Nemesis Sage for 1.5 Mil so I picked that up (sold the wand for $1 mil) and then I bought enough food to get my Mag to 200. Now to work on grinding up my EQ and work on getting up to 90.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

There was a nice price recovery on Sigma/Nox as people are buying them up to grind into their new weapons, so I'm finally freeing up storage space again.

Also moving from my poorly augmented Nemesis to my shiny new Atlas (where I actually had an idea of what augments to look for) has been amazing. After such a long time with that weapon, it's nice to see the numbers go up again.

Nice, I'll take the extra meseta for now lol.

Also I want to upgrade my rings and need Naverius Rock, do I actually have to mine that all myself? Couldn't seem to find it on the player shops.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Stanos posted:

Mine or buy an already finished ring.

RIP, off to the mines with me.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Yeah, seems like adding them to the badge shop + new BiS stuff has caused them to drop a lot. I’d check the shops if you’re in the market. I almost waited to see if they’d drop more, but had the meseta and it was the same or cheaper than any of the other “lesser” options.

Got mine to +10 tonight, not in a huge rush to Max it out since I’m still working through content.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Speaking of things selling well, I found out yesterday you get bonus codes for this game if you have GamePass Ultimate on Xbox and it gives you a bunch of items, I sold off the stuff I didn’t care about for a good chunk, then it gave me 12 AC tickets. While I got only 1 piece from the outfits I wanted, I sold all the other poo poo for a ton. Bought the 2 outfits I liked and still have like 12 million with another 8 or so in pending sales.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

So I want to start getting into some crafted techs, not making them myself but buying on the market. I can't find the answer to the question on if it's just a permanent mod to whatever level the tech is or not. IE: If I have Resta level 14 and apply a custom tech on it that boosts it, then later get Resta 15, does it just update to 15 and still give me the custom boost on top still?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

AweStriker posted:

If you learn a higher level of a technique (or PA) you’ve customized, the customization stays.

Excellent, thanks

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

MR. J posted:

Anything works. The exp bars are frozen.

Also now that it's 200 it'll retain its energy when you are logged out.

I usually just keep a stack of Monomates with me since they're so cheap.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

I came here to say that the Enchanted Forest is the best thing I have played in this game so far, it’s so much fun.

I think I’m gonna spend some time as a Techter main (currently my subclass) so I can get it to 75 and unlock the heighest difficulty stuff though, I’m not too far off, 68 I think?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

So the Gemini Dark Blast voice clips seem to still be in Japanese.

Working as intended.

Working on getting Techter to 75, set my secondary to Fighter as I read that was a good sub that would use a tech mag, which I have. I’m about an hour I got to 70 and like 30 on fighter. Seems like a good way to jump a class is to set as your sub and go grind out some higher level content.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

perc2 posted:

Question: If I give this a go, will I be able to enjoy content along the way like how FFXIV has global dungeon queues and whatnot or is it just a race to max level?

There’s no queue system, but you can join any party in progress that isn’t full, since there’s no traditional roles and quests are generally shorter it works out. It’s very much a race to high/max level game as well. It’s a bit daunting as it doesn’t guide you nearly as much as FFXIV does, but it’s good fun and it’s free so you may as well give it a whirl.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

250 hours in and I share this sentiment still lol

This game definitely has way more going on than you actually need to know/care about for a long time. Symptom of jumping into a game that's been out for 8 years and is playing rapid catch up with it's JP counterpart. While I feel like I've got my head around the basics enough to not feel like I'm drowning the stuff I haven't quite wrapped my head around (mainly endgame weapon construction) is so loving daunting I'm not sure how much I'll bother.

I'm hoping we get NGS early 2021, this game could really use a reset in a lot of areas.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Wait, is there a goon alliance with a decent amount of people? I got invited to and joined one yesterday and they seem nice enough, but this community steers so hard into weebo territory the chat can get uncomfortable.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Yes! There is indeed a goon alliance with a decent amount of people. Nol Vacancy is the name, it's not searchable by visiphone, you need to contact someone in the Nol Vacancy discord to get an invite.

However, the alliance is on Ship 2, so folks on Ship 1 or 3 are sadly out of luck on that, but you can still join the Discord and talk PSO2 stuff with goons.

I got in last night, luckily I chose ship 2 based on some other resource.

I'm very confused by damage in this game. I'm now a 84/75 Fo/Te w/ a Nemesis +30 and Stella Wall +10 (3) and from what I've been able to find my build and equipment is having me do pretty good damage (Gizonde hits for 40k-90k depending on buffs/weakness and crit spots, Ilgrants does 50k-120k per). But I see some videos and can see in game where people are flying around doing that kind of damage much faster than I am since techs need to charge, it's especially noticeable with certain bosses that go into a "hit my weakpoint for a few seconds" mode where I can get maybe 2-3 spells off but people are just going ham.

Example: This person created a Hero guide and in the gif where they're showing Rising Slash spam the numbers are just crazy 33-75k per hit and it's hitting a lot of spots quickly. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ju5hZ8h5jj9tn6x5sITLfb07o6mfFvt_lp7b4DSb838/edit I don't feel like digging up a bunch of other examples, but this one made me really think about it. Am I missing something? I'm following guides best I can understand at the moment, I know my equipment could be better but I think it's fairly solid. Is Fo/Te just a little slower than other classes?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

:allears:

I really like the forest but holy balls some of the random boss fights. There are some beefy things in that forest.

And the random other people running through are no help :argh:

Gonna start joining up into parties to do SH/XH runs. I can solo VH pretty well except the real nasty fights, but anything above that I am gonna need more than the AI helpers on.

I just always join a group that has 2-3 people in it and the train tends to run pretty smooth.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

I forgot how miserable Buster Quests without Speed Pads is.

Buster Quest Tip: Don't use the Attack Set.

The new UQ is the only time I've played buster without them and good god they are terrible. We also failed for the first time I've ever seen. Not a fan.

Also, I found out we do indeed have ALL of the compound techs in global and unlocked the charge versions yesterday. They are pretty great and are enough that I'm just going to stick with Force as my main class, the ice/light one is a great way to unload a lot of damage on bosses which addresses one of the main odd points I was having with Force.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

MR. J posted:

Houses at least are easy when they have a core on their roof. Golems are a slog no matter what.

Yeah golems are just a massive HP soak with a weak point that's annoying to hit.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Stupid sexy rappy...

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Pyro Jack posted:

I'm just around the beginning of Chapter 2 (the Weyland part) of Episode 5 (for campaign rewards) and it's clear that it's the point where Episode 5's story got rewritten since they skipped over what clearly was a story-mandated Buster Quest and just showed the aftermath.

Edit: Nevermind, there's a Story Buster Quest just after that. I guess they just skipped one for some bizarre reason.

I think they skip over a few of them if I remember right. It's kinda nice that they don't make you do like 10 of them for the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Pyro Jack posted:

It's a good thing because playing a Buster Quest solo can be a pain in the rear end since it's clearly designed for multiple players, even in the story version. The bright side is that it counts as a Buster Quest for the Tier Missions.

I got lucky and got matched with enough people that we breezed through all the times I had to do it.