Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Between the free Atlas EX and Ofze units they handed out, you'll be set for EP6 really. I'm not worrying about rushing Trailblazer or anything. player awareness/skill has much more to do with your success than bleeding edge gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Being able to turn the gunblade in to a rod for my Force is good news. I'll just do that and worry about other weapons for other classes later, who's the NPC you convert it at? For the 13* weapon drops I got is there much use to them at this point? I remember 13* and higher need lambda grinders and that you want to +30 12* weapons to use as fodder to cut down on lambda usage but that's about it.

I got the unit set last night since 9 runs of the limited quest goes a lot faster than I'd expected and the xp wasn't too bad in the process, so if that set's good through ep6 I'll upgrade the pieces some today.

Zig, the robot in the shopping plaza.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Thanks. Swapped over my weapon and after trying to figure out what affixes to put on it I just left it as-is since I'd have gained maybe 20-30 TEC Pwr if everything took hold unless I bought expensive fodder to use and while I'm sure it'd help, there's probably a better use of money right now (like cosmetics) for me.

Yeah, affixing is a massive rabbit hole that I still don't fully get. The ONLY thing that may have been worth doing is getting the Gunblade's S4 (lifesteal) before converting since it's pretty handy. The problem being once you do that you have to figure out how you want to affix it after the fact because you lose some of the decent basic affixes they put on there. I changed mine over to a rifle but ended up spending ~1 million or so getting the affixes back in order after with some really basic stuff and that's because I had some fodder Val weapons laying around to pilfer other S grades from.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Affixing was a complete :psyduck: to me until I read like 3 different guides and started using this affix simulator which seems like the better of the ones I'd tried. Now if I want to affix things, I set up my original item in the sim, then walk through the stuff in my character storage (that's where I keep items with good affixes I want to use later) and start experimenting with what will work best.

I wish it was a little faster to set up the affixes in the simulator, but it works pretty well. Oh and probably the most important lesson that I lost millions before I learned: Upslot with cheap garbage, then add the affixes you want. :doh:

lol yeah, I think I had to watch like 5 videos and read several guides before I felt like I had any clue of what I was doing. A kind goon in discord gave me a recipe to use on my units that I probably still did wrong and made more expensive for myself.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hope NGE cuts down on this insanity but it's probably popular with their most active paying players.

I also hope NGS cuts down on some of the more insane systems in the game, given that they ditched perfect attacks I have hopes that they're aiming to simplify things for a bit.