Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just hoping they don't do an IP blanket ban on everyone from the west like they did for other regions once they got their own servers.
I'm going to assume they will, because even though Sega might not want to destroy ship2's population, Microsoft would probably very much like you to play on the servers they're spending money setting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

yeah some of the translations seems like trying to make the names more interesting, but miss some of the meaning that you'd find out by playing, like changing Double to Gemini. Double isn't a pair of twins. The boy, Flo, has the ability to duplicate stuff, so to have someone to play with , he made a girl copy of himself. She's not a twin, she's his Double

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hyper Inferno posted:

What does the current f2p economy look like? I played right at launch and stuck around long enough to discover that selling stuff in player shops was a paid service but purchasing was not so I was able to get the Selvaria outfit from a player shop while a friend picked up the wedding dress outfit.

if youre willing to dump a few excubes its not hard to just buy a bunch of 1000 FUN tickets and spam the scratch until you get player shop passes.

beyond that weekly missions give you a set allowance of 2-3 million per week, per character for little effort. with 3 free character slots thats at least 6-7 million meseta, more if youre do more of the dailly missions.
if you wanna make more money, making affix fodder to sell is always a very lucritive market.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

There's like, cooking and ring making? Or is there also more crafting that got added later?

Also the tutorial stuff for that said I should now be able to do that stuff through a computer terminal?

In addition to rings and food, there was originally a separate system in jp that let you power up old weapons, give temp buffs to units, and customizes photon arts and techniques

The equipment stuff sucked, never compared to endgame rares, but the PA/technique customization was big and buffed a lot of techs.They later also created “type 0” techniques and photon arts which basically took the sucky ones and completely revamped them into new powerful attacks.

The equipment stuff i can gladly live without but force without the type 0 techs is a no-deal for me

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, if the presentation of the story is just going to be the YouTube "movie cut" of a video game, why even have it in the game. Just link to a loving YouTube video. It's just as disjointed as those movie cuts tend to be because we're missing all the context of anything that happens between the cutscenes.

Diving into the story of games is always one of my favorite things but this game really doesn't even want to let you do that and it bums me out.

When episode 4 first came out in jp the game basically did allow you to skip all of episode 1-3. When they trimmed it down in episode 5 they included an npc from said episode who at the end of every story cutscene in 1-3 would give commentary on it. On top of that they released an anime last year( not to be confused with the other pso2 anime) thats basically episode1s story.

Of course none of that is in the english version so welp.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

So I finally got to 75/75 TeFi, and made a fun discovery: Because of their ludicrously high dex requirement, it's actually impossible to equip the Nemesis/Slave wands without either a dex subclass, class boosts, or putting dex on your mag.

(This screenshot is with a Cast's dex stat.)

This is because the original nemesis/slave weapons used attack stats stats but the NA server ported over the NT versions of the weapon series, which were made much later and as a result, for a higher level cap then NA has now.

In addition to that, the original nemesis weapons had less stats and thier special ability only did extra damage to falspawn, while the NT verison has 200 more mel and tec , its special ability does more damage, and it does it to everything, not just falspawn. If that is exactly the same in NA , this weapon is hilariously overpowered for level 75 content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Also a giant wind-up key for her back please

good news for you

not sure if its shown up in NA yet (bumped seems to say no, if thats kept up to date)