Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Dj Meow Mix posted:

hopefully the servers are stable enough to hit 3 EQ periods for the dreamcast mag

I wandered in here after reading that the game is finally coming stateside.

How do I get a Dreamcast MAG? :ohdear:

E: I know this probably isn't known for the NA version yet, but does the Japanese version allow you to use one account across multiple platforms? Like starting on Xbox then picking up the same character on PC?

Annath fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Anyone able to get the preload started yet? It's not showing up for me :ohdear:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Preload activated for me :D

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Bloodplay it again posted:

Looking at the settings, you can change voice, text, and language to either English or Japanese. Other players can see which language you have selected. Each option is individual so you can play with Japanese VA if you wind up hating the English voices.

5 text sizes (maybe only 2 available to One S?): Small, middle, 4k small, 4k middle, and 4k large. That is middle, not medium.

All the prerendered videos look to be the same quality as the PC releases. The game is just under 70GB in size.

Which ship are we all gonna play on? Six options in the list at the moment.

1 - Feoh
2 - Ur
3 - Thon
4 - Ansur
5 - Laguz
6 - Kenaz

Be forewarned: if you choose Getting Started on the ship select screen, it will put your new character on Feoh!

I vote #2 - Ur, because its funny.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Drythe posted:

4chan plans to play on ship 2 btw

RIP ship 2.

I'm stuck at work, but someone should like make a poll for goons to vote on what ship to roll on.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm probably going to roll on Ship 2, and then if it turns out goons all went somewhere else, just pay for a transfer.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I can't wait to go FULL ANIME with the character creator.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm gonna make an anime waifu like Zero-2 and make it a katana weeb and it's gonna be great.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Movie Night

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Kild posted:

are those translated too

It was the english trailer

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Hero can't be used AS a subclass, but can it still be used WITH a subclass?

My first/beta character is currently Br/Hu, going to be Br/Ph when available.

My 2nd, once able, will her Hero and whatever subclass it wants if possible.

My 3rd, I guess something that uses Techs? I like the concept of Phantom a lot, but same with Summoner and Etoile.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

LordOfTheNoobs posted:

Wonder if the sonic founder pack applies to pc for when it eventually releases there. Super excited for this to be released on pc!

It's supposed to be seamless between Xbox and PC right? Same account, same characters?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Where are we supposed to be able to buy the Sonic/Ragol bundles?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
And I can't play because I have to be up at 5am est for COVID19 crisis management :saddowns:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Nuebot posted:

The thing is, is that people are comparing the launch of this new game, to entering PSO2JP years in where cosmetics were dead and outdated and thus were immensely expensive. Right now, NA is just now launching. It doesn't have that history yet, so the parts in that track aren't old and outdated yet. They aren't limited supply; until we know what's in the AC scratch, they're the only supply. If this mission pass was being applied to JP, then yeah that'd be cool. People would be getting access to old and outdated items they might want. But NA players aren't getting old items. They're getting new items. Now there's just a bunch of cosmetics locked behind premium/mission pass.

Are the battlepass rewards guaranteed for a given tier, like in Fortnite or whatever? Because even paid, that's much better than a "free" scratchoff ticket with a random chance at a given pool of items.

Full disclosure I might be misunderstanding how it works.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'll have to check tomorrow for the SANIC bundle, I'm not seeing it right now.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Annath posted:

I'll have to check tomorrow for the SANIC bundle, I'm not seeing it right now.

Found it by searching directly rather than looking at the related items list.

Hopefully I'll be able to play tomorrow night.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Preface with: I don't know if any of this matters before level cap.

Is there any resource with info on the following?

Grinding weapons - What is it? Like enhancing weapons? Which weapons should I grind? How do I know which are good/bad?

Story - I haven't really encountered any yet, I've just been doing client orders and the various ARKS missions. Is this OK? Its kind of hard to figure out where I am.

Mag - As a Braver, I want a DEX mag, yeah? I was misinformed initially and have like 20 levels in Melee attack, but the rest so far are in Dex. Is that OK? I'm using Katanas

Gear - I've noticed gear doesn't have the same defenses. If I have one piece of gear with say 20 Tech Def, and have another with 15 Melee Def, they can go in the same slot, how do I know which is "better"? Is one better?

Gear2 - Should I have 3 different weapons (katana/bow/gunblade) equipped, or just all Katanas? If all katanas, what are the differences between different weapons of the same type and power?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I had hoped to be playing more than I am, but Covid happened, and I work for the Department of Health, so...

Oh well, one day I'll be able to hit level cap.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm excited, I feel like I'll have a much better time playing on PC and being able to read the text :v:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm one of those :v:

I'll try to hop on tonight though!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
That and I want to see what the game looks like running on "not a toaster" - I only have an original Xbox One.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm stuck at work, but I guess that gives my computer at home time to download the client :v:

I'm excited to get into the game for real, with acceptable framerates and control schemes, and an actually legible UI.

I'll hop into the discord when I get home, because I'm definitely gonna need to refresh my understanding of what I'm doing.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
A bunch of my promo items appear to have vanished.

My Dreamcast MAG item is gone, as is the terrible/awesome Sonic the Hedgehog cosmetic gear I had.

Not all of it though, the stuff I can't equip is still in my storage.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I fed my MAG a bunch of S-Atk items (it's like S-Atk level 30) before I found out that as a Braver Dex was more appropriate.

Is it worth it to try and reset the MAG if I'm using Katanas? Or should I just keep on adding Dex now? It's like 85 Dex/30 S-Atk.

Also at character level 39 should I just be selling all of the gear I can't use? I've got a decent number of items in storage that I hadn't sold because the game prompted me to reconsider when trying to sell them, but if they're "rare but low level" is there a better use for them?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Same, I was hoping they would repeat the Xbone beta test event for PC. I want the Dreamcast. :negative:

I earned mine, had it in my inventory, and it just vanished when I logged into the PC client :v:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

8-bit Miniboss posted:

:wtc:

That's incredibly hosed up!

I've had a ticket open for a few days now, but haven't gotten a response.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I kinda wish I'd made a robot now.

Things I don't understand at level 40:

Mashing weapons together to improve one

Making rings

How to tell at a glance which of the 5 identically named pieces of gear is better

Whether or not to ID the unidentified items I find (of types I don't use) or just sell them

What the different kinds of missions are and when to pick a given type.

I've kind of just been randomly doing poo poo and making levels go up.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Eopia posted:

sell them and use the money to buy the robot thighs from another player. All AC scratch items can be put on the market.

Don't you have to buy premium to sell stuff?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Should I bother making +X weapons while leveling, or just wait until I hit max level? Not having any problems with enemies so far.

Also, my MAG has ~20 levels in Melee Atk, when as a Katana Braver I want all Dex. It has about 84 levels in Dex. Would it be cheaper to buy the items needed to downlevel its Melee Atk, or to buy a new MAG entirely?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I wanna be a Hero

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Do we have any idea when Phantom/Hero/Etoile might be coming to NA?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I thought someone in the thread said that you get the rainbow jet boots from the event lady by the cake, but none of her client quests look like they reward anything but XP and cash.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

khy posted:

I did not know about TPS. Also I kiiiiiinda hosed up. I made 3 characters on one server without realizing that the character limit is global, because I also did not realize one character can change to any class. So now I gotta wait 24 hours for one of my characters to delete. This system is kind of clunky as hell.

Oh well, live and learn.

I played a hunter and a ranger and I don't mind the normal movement system for my hunter, but I would prefer TPS and no lock-on for the ranger all the way. Also would have preferred to get a Partisan weapon from the very start as a hunter but nooooo, gotta use the weird wired fist weapons. Now I gotta figure out how to get a photon art to equip with the partisan I had to probably overpay for. Wheeeeeee

DONT DELETE YOUR CHARACTER

It deletes the slot that character is occupying as well.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
WinDirStat is your friend.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Can someone explain what I can use all the different badges for?

I have Rising Weapon Badges (1 and 2), Mission Badges, Recycle Badges (I think that's what they're called), and some colorful badges from the Refer a Friend thing.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
What is VHAQ?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm level 47 Braver. Is that high enough to try these capsule quests? What's the best way to find a group to do them?

If I'm still too low level for that, should I just mindlessly grind missions? Is there something specific to level quickest?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I checked out the first episode of the Episode Oracle anime, and was quite surprised at the severed head in the first 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

Is there a guide for what abilities I should put on my MEL mag? Or do I just load it up with different auto heals?

Ditto, but for mags in general.