Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So how long should I play this game before I get a good feel of whether I'll like it or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Finally played this game. It seems fun but it is difficult to dodge enemies when they begin attacking as I can't quickstep far enough.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So this game is less of a traditional MMO and more like a looter dungeon-lite explorer game with Monster Hunter-like bosses. That's the gist that I got from my two hour playthrough.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I always hear people say that Final Fantasy XI was the first console MMO and how Phantasy Star Online wasn't "a real MMO".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A lot of people are posting very NSFW symbol art in the lobby.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I hate that bosses can be beaten by dying and going back to the level over and over again. Like I can keep dying to a boss but when I fight it again the amount of HP I took off is still accounted for.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I can barely hear anyone in my party on voice chat and vice versa.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Well. I broke launching the game by simply setting pso2launcher.exe to "run as administrator" and have to uninstall and reinstall the entire game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Can someone explain putting skills on palettes to me. I still don’t understand that.

Why can’t anything in this game be straightforward?

You open up the menu, then go to the second to the left box and select "Customize Sub-Palette".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The story in this game seems...not good so far.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Like you would think story quests would be missions that you play and then you get an end cutscene, but a lot of the time you just get a cutscene and that's it. It's odd.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

If I install PSOTweaker will I still be able to access my character I've created with my Windows 10 Xbox App account? I want to end this lobby lag.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I assume this game got a massive population boom after the official English release?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So is this a A Realm Reborn situation where it's an entirely new game but with the same name?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What's a "parallel game"?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

what do you think the word parallel means

The question was rhetorical.

It's PR speak for "It's a new Phantasy Star 2 but not because we aren't abandoning the old Phantasy Star 2 in case it fails, but if it is a success then we will then just gradually stop supporting old Phantasy Star 2."

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh forgive me, this was apparently the one time you asked a question and already knew the answer as opposed to every other time where you miss the most obvious of details and need other people to spell it out for you.

If you have such a problem with me then put me on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I must say it's kind of hilarious that New Genesis PSO2 A Realm Reborn is barely a year out from PSO2 finally getting a Western release.

It's likely Microsoft paid them to localize PSO2 so they could in turn fund New Genesis.

motoh posted:

If you want to actually engage with people do it in good faith and stop being a shithead.

The post was rather rude.

Edit - But it does seem to bother him and I should take his feelings into account. Assuming that your response is agreeing with his initial post and not angry at me for dismissing his qualms and being passive aggressive (though it could be both), then I apologise for any irritation I've caused and will post with more consideration.

I apologise.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 24, 2020