Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

THE loving MOON posted:

Thank you for typing this out, I haven't really played since right around the time they added Hero and I wasn't sure about how the stats worked on them. If I'm reading this right phantom would be the way to go if you wanted to use techs as a cast, right?
you could use force, phantom, or even techter as you main class to deal primarily technique damage; being a cast has very little to do with it, they might have slightly less base t-atk/tec, but it's practically unnoticeable at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh I would super get the sanic founders pack over ragol founders

ragol comes with just the 10 memes and the other stuff, but sanic comes with all of the sanic stuff and still brings 5 ragol memes with it.

cause then yeah; they'll undoubtedly have ragol memories available by other means down the lines, the sonic stuff could easily be founders only (but I could see the JP server getting these items when the Sonic lobby returns in June)

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeah I think the intention was to run the PC version through the microsoft store; hence the microsoft account. but there's been stuff like that work-in-progress online manual that was accidentally left visible to the public that mentioned Steam at one point; but it's hard to say if that wasn't leftover placeholder text from a much older version, possibly even before the whole deal with microsoft was struck. we'll just have to wait and see :shrug:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it sounds like the Fresh Finds shop is a direct purchase option for older cosmetics; but it sounds like the selection will be limited, and rotated daily.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Compared to the JP method of gambling on scratch tickets, the mission passes doling out older AC scratch content doesn't seem too bad to me.
I can still say I would prefer a direct-purchase selection for cosmetics :colbert:

don't forget to take a step back and look at everything from the outside once in a while; otherwise you'll just get complacent.

that all said and done, yeah mission pass seems fine; as long as they can keep doing stuff like arks leagues to pump out SG a little more productively than having to go do battle arena or something. and anybody who just always has premium running will just always have a gold mission pass running too anyway.

Nuebot posted:

It's real cool of them to, based on that screenshot, lock cast parts away behind their lovely battlepass. Guess I'll be making a new character at some point in the future. Nice of them to hand out that sword camo though, I love flowen's sword.

oh yeah like those parts even in the screenshot they listed there are like, locked behind years of unrevived gatcha rotation so; that's where a bunch of us are coming from on this subject. "wow! these things are at least some form of obtainable, as opposed to being basically almost unobtainable!"

like the biggest issue has been the Recycle Shop being there as a means for people to shred unwanted cosmetics to turn into other stuff like outfit recolor passes; so even low-demand cosmetics still go extinct eventually on the JP server

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 18, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-butler-maid-tea-time-ac-scratch/ those cast parts and outfits pictured in that mission pass image were from 2013; that's pretty old imo

but the real question here is what exactly are they going to be offering in the main AC scratch while this mission pass system is running at the same time

like mission pass and fresh finds are looking like their answer to how outfits from the last 7+ years are going to be made available; possibly even just a focus on pre-epsiode 4 outfits, before they implemented the Layer Wear system. AC Scratch is still in this version of the game too, on top of mission pass

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 18, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ghostinmyshell posted:

After a couple of missions I'm dealing with inventory issues and dumping stuff into storage, what is the cheapest/howto way to get more inventory space?
https://pso2.com/manual/menu/storage
The Character Storage and Inventory upgrades are permanent, but they are bound to that character. Character Storage upgrades are cheaper per-slot than the Inventory upgrades

You are given access to Premium Storage as long as you have the Premium Set pass running

Game Pass Storage likely comes with having Xbox Game Pass running

Material Storage costs Star Gems, and is fairly expensive. however, it provides additional functionality through being a special storage that you can put all of your exchange items and grinders into, and the game will treat them as if they are in your inventory when you go to preform an action that uses a material. If you have option enabled to make Material items go straight to your inventory when they drop and Material Storage active, Material items will go directly into Material Storage instead.

EX Storage 1-5 are additional rental storage boxes; EX Storage 1 -should- be purchasable though Star Gems, the rest are AC only.

When the rental time on a storage box expires, you can still withdraw the items from the storage they are in, you simply cannot put anything into that storage until you renew the rental.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
grinding weapons involves taking other weapons and feeding them to the weapon you want to upgrade, like how a number of mobile games sort of operate. a weapon has a base value, but is also worth about half the exp that's been jammed into it if you use an upgraded weapon to grind something else. there's a few abilities that also grant extra grinding exp if you feed them to another weapon, like that NT EXP Weapon in the Swap Shop (the NT EXP Weapon is a rip-off imo).

story is almost entirely accessed from the Story Quests menu, there oughta be some decent rewards buried in there

you can de-level mags but it costs 5 EX-Cubes per level-down device, or it should only cost 5 anyway; it used to cost 50 until very recently on JP

when you are in one of the various equip menus, there should be a window that shows you the stat difference between what you have equipped and what you currently have selected. units gotta be upgraded too; they still use the old RNG-based success/fail system.

you can go with just Katanas if you want; really, I can say you can safely ignore gunblades on all classes unless you REALLY want to use them, but if that's the case you just go Fighter/Hunter to use those and still be not as good than if you were using any fighter weapon. Bows are good too, you could even go just bows if they were more up your alley. you can even use both katanas and bows. but you just dont really need to use gunblades are my main point.

as for individual katanas, there used to be some that had some specific uses, but lately they've been going around and just making those uses baseline functionality in order to eliminate "required" equipment. while I think there's a couple katanas that have functions like that, I don't think they're available on the NA server yet, and very soon they're making one of those changes anyway, so katanas ought to get a sudden boost in general Quality of Life as a result.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
its in the thread OP

I'll probably play on the NA server to hang out with some friends of mine that have held out this long once the PC client is available, but I'm not exactly going to be "jumping ship"

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 22, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:siren: Gunslash Successor Class Announced :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl3jrkQvc8&t=6918s
:siren:This is NOT a drill:siren:

also: Vita support ending in August, they are planning a supermassive update when that happens, which will include this new class. However, they do not want to call the august update "Episode 7" just yet.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
they look like various forms of elemental blades; one had the looks they use for wind+lightning stuff, one looked like dark+fire, and the third could be light+ice

kinda messed up that it's the same three elemental combinations they got for compound techs

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ardeem posted:

The :tinfoil: conspiracy theory :tinfoil: is that when Gearbox took all of Sega of America's money for Aliens Colonial Marines and spent it on Borderlands instead, Sega was too broke to spend anything on titles with less guaranteed returns than Sonic the Hedgehog.

The more probable theory is that there was some internal powerstruggle/bickering and whoever was the proponent of PSO2na was on the outs and their pet project got buried/forgotten until Microsoft showed up.
at the very least, there were scraps of hints tucked away that PSCrew were coding a game that would have global implementation: the dragonkin speak using a system that looks like Word Select, which would have been fun to see a system of the game being used in-setting for lore reasons; later when yahoo changed the server IP addresses after a DDoS attack, somebody reverse-engineering data packets found unused fields for things like SteamID even back then, as well as blocks designated for cross-ship (later used for the Shared Ship for challenge mode and battle arena) as well as a section labeled as "cross-region" blocks.

Looking over at the SEA and Taiwanese servers, those were basically like, Sega sold these companies a license to run and maintain their own server, and I guess aside from making some assets for them to use like outfits and localized seasonal lobbies and rappies, were mostly hands off in this approach.

So I guess what was likely was that they were making the game with the intention of a global release, then a suit over in corporate caught wind of that and said "hey how about we make more money", and nobody seemed interested in buying a license for an NA server; either because nobody wanted to buy in, or nobody was even aware that such a thing was even for sale.

as for the NA server now; I found this article from last July: https://www.gamebusiness.jp/article/2019/07/22/15987.html
Sega was shopping around for cloud-based server tech to move the PSO2 JP servers onto, they checked out Google Cloud and AWS, but then they looked into Microsoft since they have worked together on stuff like this before, and somebody told Phil Spencer about it and he showed up in person to Sega of Japan to make a deal in exchange for working with them on making this NA server too.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeah your footstep sounds are based on your leg parts or your outfit

they still had a bit in the online manual that mentioned a steam client until they temporally removed any mention of instructions for PC clients in general; but yeah even the JP client doesn't officially support pre-windows 10 anymore. The JP client still works, but it's basically just them saying that if something breaks compatibility outside of windows 10 they're probably not going to bother with doing anything about that.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah I should probably have looked at the OP first; I do remember making sure I at least changed the OS related thing when that happened. not sure if the rest of the requirements were still what I put in there

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They're breaking out the Miku already
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262778867099500549
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262790378064957444

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I said come in! posted:

Wasn't this already done on the Japan server? My hope has been that a lot of the promotional stuff over the years done in Japan, will make its way to the America version too.
they've done it a few times; they just even had their first formal repeat ac scratch lineup by bringing back the Nier Automata stuff for their anniversary

but yeah it's gonna likely be a case-by-case basis with maybe a surprise appearance by Harmony Gold showing up to sue anybody who dares to have a robot that looks like it could turn into a jet

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I added Etoile as a good choice of subclass for Force in the OP.

apparently the strategy there is going all-in on Lightning, as Gizonde is kinda nuts at the moment; but still getting fire and ice masteries since they boost the damage of Fomelgion and Brarntsion (I know I didn't spell one of both of those right)

Etoile manages to be a good sub for force because it compensates for force's brittleness, while still providing usable damage boosts. Just remember that Etoile's Same-Arts PP Save and Tech-Arts Count Bonus skills do NOT work for Techniques

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hyper Inferno posted:

I believe the way it works is that your DEX is compared to the enemy's DEX and it influences your critical hit rate. Critical hits in PSO2 eliminate damage variance and give you the max roll of damage possible, so it is not a good idea to stack DEX on your character's stats itself. Braver (and Bouncer) have a passive that converts DEX on their MAG only into the relevant attack stats for their class.
also, if you're using a 7* or higher rarity weapon, you get a hidden buff that reduces damage variance to a fraction or something. There are a few weapon series that do not have this buff though (Red, Invade (unavailable until the end boss of episode 3 gets it's urgent quest), Val (unavailable until episode 5 content), any weapon that has been Extended through the crafting system which is not available on NA yet)

also pets get a massive dex penalty to make up for the pet itself giving you a 2nd character's worth of dex.

so aside from that, Dex is just, a largely unreliable defensive stat at best. You only want a dex mag if you're rolling braver main, bouncer main, or later using phantom as a subclass. Event then, you can get away with using a Mel or Rng mag on braver if you really don't care about using the other weapon type just yet, and bouncer has a skill that makes Jet Boot PAs scale off of Mel instead of Tec; and boots typically only use techs to change element.

As for critical hits, most class combos can typically grant a large amount of critical hit chance, and can be supplemented by a skill ring like R/Critical Strike, or once the next solo extreme quest is released, R/Effort Symbol [Class name]. While critical hits aren't much to write home about unless you're Fighter or Gunner main; they'll eventually add a system that lets you stack on some critical damage boosts to your weapon itself, so that'll make crit rate more attractive at least.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mango sentinel posted:

Which class makes Gunblade stop sucking?
(start it at 39 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiRPGdF6yJo&t=39s
It'll be on JP server in September; hopefully it'll be on NA not long after that

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
realtalk *Hyper Night Parade (or whatever it's NA name is, the rollerblade camo from Xia) came out on the JP server a few months into Episode 3 or something, I forget how many years ago, and it's still my go-to for using jet boots. I almost feel sorry for every single jet boot design they release, because it's not goddamn rollerblades that leave rainbow trails.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
attacks from a weapon gain bonus atk/pwr based on their elemental %, and only the stats gained this way are treated as that element.

the basic form of the damage formula is like: ((player pwr + weapon pwr - enemy def) + (weapon pwr * element%)) * all of your damage modifiers, from attack modifiers to class skills to weapon potential and so on

only that part of weapon pwr that is multiplied by the elemental percentage will be effected by elemental weaknesses.

Techniques on the other hand; are pure elemental damage. Outside of the Elemental Conversion skill on the force tree, they do not actually benefit from weapon element %. As a result of not gaining the bonus atk that way, techs also see bigger effects from having raw atk boosts through augments and that Technique High Up skill on the force tree.

effectively it boils down to: Having max element % is the 2nd most important part of upgrading your weapon, it's 2nd only to the main + grind if only because it directly scales on that. even if it's not the "right" element, it will still boost your damage significantly

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeah

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
unless there's an active campaign, most COs are only worth what they reward

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Million Ghosts posted:

most mid-tier anime is only japanese voice acting? and reading garbled rear end subtitles suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. plus it aired in 2016, even if MS and Sega had worked out the translation and publishing deal, it was way before the "mainstream" NA audience would care.

e: to clarify, i mean mid-tier in terms of budget, marketing, and studio push, not quality. lots of garbage gets all star voice casts.

2016 was the other pso2 anime, this aired last year into this year

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
most of us are kinda taking a break right now, but the 8th anniversary event next month coupled with some of us on na getting our characters there to a spot where we can kinda leave them be for a while will probably mean that break will be coming to a close soonish.

there was a jp devstream yesterday morning too, so I guess here's a rundown since I'm here: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-plus-7-recap/

Early July update:

AC Scratch: 2019 Item Design Winners Side-C
Anniversary Limited Quest Part 1: [Special Training: Episode 6]
A quest with 2 paths that need to be handled at the same time; The quest will do what it can to try to scale each path to the number of players taking it.
Drops weapons with S1-S5 abilities on them, as well as some parfaits for summoners.
Also drops a 4-player trigger version of the quest.
Anniversary event quests will drop a new 15★ weapon series; as well as *Coated - series camos for Etoile weapons.

Late July update:

AC Scratch: "Ritual Bride", features Margie's 6-5 outfit, more variants of priest/nun/bridal outfits, and a bunch of episode 5 related stuff I can only assume were cosmetics they originally intended to release through buster quests lmao
12★ Units will become tradable
Anniversary Limited Quest Part 2: [Enemy Battleship Infiltration: Enhancer]
Fight your way through 3 randomly-selected areas and take down the Grav Execour at the end.
Drops 13★ units with S6-S8 abilities on them, as well as a 4-player quest trigger
The Dark Falz [Persona] Emergency Quest, Trigger Quest, and Rematch Trigger will have Ultra Hard difficulty added!
Lightstream Xion units will be upgradable to a 13★ version
The final phase of the [Persona] Rematch Trigger on ultra hard will be different...
https://imgur.com/ivfuMG6
https://imgur.com/cooxgub

Early August update: (update series title: "The Profound Darkness, The Great Light")

AC Scratch: "Exotic Revelry", features requested gender-swap outfits Gothic Maid Dress M and Noble Long Coat F
Story Chapter 6-6: Episode 6's Final Chapter is here!

Latest updated PSO2 JP Update Roadmap:

PSO2 2020 Roadmap posted:

Summer

ARKS Connect Memories 8th Anniversary Event

August ~ September

EP6 Final Chapter
New Raid Boss and New Raid Quest
Summer Event

September ~ October

Fourth Successor (Scion) Class
New 12 Player Emergency Quest
New Advanced Pet

October ~ November

New Extreme Quest
Highly Difficult Solo Quest
Divide Quest Expansion

Afterwards

Instead of a new episode, we'll have a Gigantic New Update

End of Stream teaser: This September, That which the Photoners sealed away seeks to return....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXEdVi3-PuQ

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
we currently have no idea what they have planned for PSO2 after NGS comes out; hell, we only just got a new roadmap a few months ago after the previous roadmap had been expired for over 6 months!

But now that we know about NGS; we'll probably hear about what the deal with pso2 post-ngs will look like in the coming months. They -might- not say much or anything in the PSO2 Station+ on August 7th, but they'll probably say something eventually.

everything said and done though; we can at least confirm cosmetics and lobby actions will transfer between games. so our fashion efforts won't be wasted

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 24, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The road leading to NGS seems to still have new content, as well as updates to old content too; so there's that!

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's likely, given the trailer

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
new genesis will be 3 copies of pso2 in a trench-coat

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1291716011482202112
Gunslash/Gunblade Successor/Scion class is named "Luster"

You can use one of three styles: Fomel-style, Zandia-style, or Barant-style, based on the element of your Gunblade (fire or dark, wind or lightning, and ice or light; respectively)
  • Fomel-style is offense-oriented; and will passively grant a boost to Perfect Attacks
  • Zandia-style is speed-based; it'll boost your step iframes and make it easier to do counters
  • Barant-style is defensive; You'll gain guard points on a lot of your moves, and will enhance your Stay-arts
Luster's PAs will change depending on your style, and if you are standing (Stay-arts) or moving (Move-arts)
There's counters, gear/focus charges to use bigger attacks, and a Gunslash/blade Time (not the right name) skill with a finishing move (like Hero Time and Phantom Time)
Luster also features a "Smart PA" button, which will make you use the move the game thinks is best for the current situation.

The rest of the PSO2 Station +:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5a_MiO6d3k

New NGS Information will not be announced during PSO2 Station, as they want to announce anything new NGS-related globally.

SSSS.GRIDMAN Collab announced for a future update:
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/1291711110735790080

End-of-stream teaser: New pet based on Synchro's moveset; and a new, harder Armada EQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ-7XwKUJgQ

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 7, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
JP Server Devstream recap: (im mostly just going to copy and paste out of this article)
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-plus-9-recap/

Senran Kagura AC Scratch collab announced for November

September 16th update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ZfRq4fWC0
★13 Units Can Be Turned into Excubes
★14 Weapons Can Be Sold In Your Shops
Increased the purchase limits for ★15 Weapons and ★13 Units to 99 in the Cobalt Medal Exchange Shop.
Added Luminmech Grainne Crystal to the Prize Medal Shop
Increased the purchase limits for ★15 Weapons and ★13 Units to 99 in the Prize Medal Shop.
JP Server gets Mission Pass and that intro video for new players from Global
:frogsiren:JP Mission Badge exhchange shop has Add Ability Astral Soul / Ether Factor / Mana Reverie for 120 mission badges each:frogsiren: (but since mission badges have a set amount per month no matter what, even if you buy tiers you're still just as time-gated as anybody not spending a dime)

Oh yeah also, Luster will be released on the JP server on September 16!
They just released a video showing off how Luster operates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SUCnakiLE4
stick around to the end of either of these two videos for a little "motivation"

Late September Update:
Player-chosen PSO2es weaponoids return for the annual event they do; bringing their outfits, and some new versions of the weapons they're based on.
New Las Vegas Emergency Quest: it's some kind of score-attack quest, might be fun
New SP File weapon: RA Blade (I guess it's like that RA Stinger partisan, but a dual blade)
New Collection File set, featuring new 15★ weapons for Hero, Phantom, and Etoile. These file appear to have weapon-type grind cap increase items on them; so I guess that means you won't have to clear them as many times to +35 them (or use the grind cap increase items on other weapons)

Early October? Update?
Outfits from PSO2: The Animation will be distributed through some manner I didn't catch
An AC scratch featuring outfits of The Heros of Earth (in pso2)
ARKS Mission Campaign to get a mag and the weapon camo used by the Luster class in promotional works.

Mid October Update: (dang they put a lot in this dev stream I must have zoned out after the luster release date drop)
SSSS Gridman AC Scratch collab: outfits, accessories, and lobby actions and more from this show that aired like last year? :shrug:
New Pet: Vulcan: It's an advanced/alternate form of Synchro. It looks kinda like a chibi version of one of the dark falz humanoid forms.
New Emergency Quest: Mourning of Demise (12 Player)
It's a quest that combines elements from Armada of Demise and Ship Infiltration, and turns up the bullshit some just for fun.

New information about [New Genesis: PSO2] will be coming at Tokyo Game Show on September 25th @ 21:00 JST

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeah it's ultra hard that you kinda want to have a 15* or a 14* with a "-redux" potential on it.

But there will be a lot of options by the time that happens. like those Unique Weapons Badges will be exchangeable for some 15* weapons right away

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah, I'm fine with them removing Just Attacks/Perfect Attacks in NGS because they've kinda found other ways to make your inputs meaningful while discouraging raw mashing.

A couple examples:
Summoner: If you just hold basic attack, your pet just repeats the weak first hit of their basic combo. You gotta just press it once and let the pet do the combo on it's own (unless it's cery/popple/redran/herbie, they don't have a combo and are faster if you are holding the button) Most pet PAs have backloaded damage and a cancel window before that, so if you're just mashing the PA button, you'll just cancel the move before the main chunk of damage comes out.
Etoile: Double saber basic attacks consuming gear if you hold the basic attack button any longer than a tap, double saber PAs skipping their first half if you are not holding any directional inputs.
Luster: PAs change based on directional input AND if you are holding the button any longer than a tap.

From what it looks like, movesets in NGS are going to follow these sorts of patterns, so Just/Perfect Attacks on top of all that are more of a liability than anything.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
once stuff like the Armada Urgent Quest and the Ship Infiltration Ultimate Quest are here, it'll be easier to get those Legendary 15★ collection files from pudding done. The gold ones seem pretty solid for folk looking to get their hands on something usable in ultra hard, it's just the catch seems to be needing to fight glowbots to complete it, which mostly only show up on ultra hard; with a few exceptions.

The gold and silver weapons are identical in every way, except for their appearance and the gold ones only requiring 300 dex to equip, vs the silvers needed 555. With something like that in your hands you can just kinda, play PSO2 until you feel like engaging with all the menu and inventory junk they've plied on over the years.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Them turning body type into just another thing to pick from at the salon feels like kind of an extension of them allowing casts to have different proportions when they're using parts or outfits; but what I'm hoping for is that this is a stop-gap for them to implement more body types. specifically, one more pair that'd act like an omni-type. Them opening up skin color types and a few other race-specific cosmetics to all characters a while back made me think they were finally realizing that locking a character into these kinds of things was more trouble than it was worth; but I thought they wouldn't be able to really completely break from what they have established in pso2. That was initially one of my only disappointments with the announcement of NGS giving the new-game vibe while still being pso2, but that stream back on the 20th at least opened up some possibilities. Them keeping the current body-types around lets them adhere to any bullshit contractual agreements they may have with other companies they did collabs with years ago to keep any particular cosmetics bound to a specific body type; and they'd probably need to re-rig or even re-model a lot of the outfits to work properly on a more flexible body type, which would take a LOT of time and effort to do, so a setup like this would let them keep the work they've already done while leaving them with the ability to add more in as they get it done on the side or something.

I hope they are able to keep the minimum specs from growing too much though; it'd be nice to not lose folk because they aren't in a position to upgrade their computer or hop over to console.

Speaking of, It's hard to say if we're going to get support for more platforms on the global server; at the very least I would imagine that microsoft wanting to flex their cloud-computing tech even more (this whole thing started because sega wanted to move the pso2 jp servers to a cloud service, and microsoft gave them the best deal) would at least mean we should expect pso2 Cloud to happen, opening up not only Switch support, but also cloud client support on PC and xbox. Playstation support is gonna be iffy; considering that technically pso2jp inversely does not support xbox, but given the next generation of consoles starting up now, they may wind up just looking to get those going for both servers instead. Hopefully we'll hear something on this front the closer we get to the formal New Genesis update.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Code Jockey posted:

As I am finally playing through Episode 3, one of my biggest hopes for New Genesis is that we get less ridiculous female outfits, and less ridiculously dressed female NPCs, which I guess I largely chalk up to the era this game is from

like come on Matoi I am tired of seeing your weirdly textured belly button and your cleavage in every scene you're in

https://twitter.com/rappy_commu/status/1367663711779885057
https://twitter.com/rappy_commu/status/1371694843555016704

signs are pointing to probably not

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the augment reckoning has arrived

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I said come in! posted:

I dunno maybe. To date every single other Phantasy Star Online has been shut down officially.

but on the other hand, they never had the next game share like half the EXE or something like this before; and they've advertised swapping between NGS and PSO2 quite a few times now. Given PSU and PSO2's initial launch states, I guess somebody wanted to make it easier to hop over to a game with a lot more content in it until they get things more off the ground.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 28, 2021

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
well maybe ill be able to like, buy a god-unit kit from somebody to assemble so I too can have 4-5 armor units worth of defensive stats equipped.

back in the day before we had the Loadouts/My Sets function, it was a common mistake to accidentally forget to re-equip your units after swapping classes in the lobby, then you get plastered by the first thing that hits you and you realize what happened. but now imagine it going the opposite way

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the divergence matrix is a script for a tool assisted speed-run of causality; pick up the right objects and talk to the right people, and suddenly the event flags realign and you can pull somebody out of an impossible situation

but yeah they didn't bother explaining what the divergence matrices are after they removed the divergence matrix system from the game entirely. think collection files but there's also little cutscene totem/markers that used to appear during quests you could interact with and watch.

episode 1-3's story quests used to also be their own category of quest alongside the arks quests and all that, which was also to demonstrate your time travel abilities; as you would literally go and replay the quest after completing specific tasks on your divergence matrix, and you would encounter choices where there were none before (typically the choice was there so you could re-experience the "bad" version of the events if you wanted to) but yeah they also consolidated all the paths into one set of events, cut out like 90% of the gameplay of each ep1-3 story quest too, the most intact one is 2-5, which is mostly untouched as far as I could tell.

It was neat when in episode 2 they set you up to go save somebody that was presumed dead in the events of an episode 1 story quest, and you would have to literally go back into episode 1's story quest list and re-select the quest where the incident in question happened to actually go back to fix things; but they cut a lot of it out because most of it was just busywork that they didn't want to hang people up on anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ardeem posted:

I am still mad we lost that pun in the English translation.
it was inevitable due to how it was based out of that whole "kanji epitaph" thing where they have a word in kanji but say something totally different. They did a good job of it by turning them into titles like they did, and "the Fallen" is still just as accurate of a descriptor. I think the whole "loser" thing mostly came from a snide remark Apprentice makes in the 10-years-ago segment and the old patch team really wanted to highlight that.

but yeah there are simply way too many items to have to get done, while also making sure that you cover enough of what the description was trying to say as well as making sure you're still fitting inside the hard limits of the UI elements. If you notice, a lot of the armor units actually do have their whole descriptions in, partially because at some point PSCrew realized they needed to point out additional stats the units are providing that the item card UI uh.... doesn't have fields for... (why do they STILL not have hp and pp in there??????) so at least those DO have non-generic descriptions.

my guess is more that like, they're not going to add descriptions for some items of a category (weapons, camos, outfits) until they have ALL of them ready to go.

The real casualty here is that PSCrew credited the item design / ARKS GP winners in the descriptions of their items, so all of those are currently lost to this server.

please direct any and all complaints to the management, my bet is it was somebody up top calling the shots on some of these decisions when they really shouldn't.

like I remember hearing this about the localization for Sonic Adventure 2
https://twitter.com/SPEEPSHighway/status/975772153806315520/photo/1
either somebody made a call they really shouldn't, they didn't put enough budget into localization to get enough people to give everything the proper attention it needed before strict deadlines, or just general stress from being overworked; no matter what way you look at it, it all points back to management in my opinion.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 11, 2021