Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

New goon guild up on ship 2 if you're needing to get in for the rewards or whatever. Vacant Nol is the name, otherwise send me a message. Character is Shoka, player id is FoxShoka.

Or just ping me in the discord, or drop your player ID in here and I'll get to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Silvergun1000 posted:

I'm getting ready to lay down some serious cash for a set of Saiki units and augments for them, but I'm having a really hard time deciding which of my two 75s to really invest in, my Bouncer or my Gunner.

I really love my Bouncer, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that I'm not playing it right. I spend the vast majority of my time just doing normal attacks to power up my focus so I can do giant Jetsweep Kicks, pretty much only using Grand Wave to fly around between targets. I'm really not using Techniques at all other than to change my attack elements and using Resta when I do wind up getting smacked. It's super fun, and I love the playstyle, but I'm worried that I'm only using part of the kit and not pulling my weight in stuff like Ultimates. My concern is that to play the class well, I really need to be doing stuff like chaining PAs into techniques and stuff like that, which isn't really how I want to play and would probably make me lean more towards Gunner.

Gunner on the other hand, feels like it loses a lot of the Bouncer jet boot mobility (although it's still pretty good), has an inferior weapon action and doesn't have Resta which is a bummer, but its mechanic to deal huge damage is pretty simple, get up close, mark the target with chain if it's a boss or something that'll live long enough, and beat on it until you have a big enough chain to splatter it with PAs. However, I've found I have a much harder time avoiding damage in Ultimates since it feels like it's harder to get into hard to hit locations with Grim Barrage as opposed to Grand Wave, and the Bouncer feels like it gets a lot more invuln frames from both its attacks and its weapon action.

Am I missing anything here? I'd love to hear from anybody to plays either / both and get your perspective.

if you buy saikis, just outfit them for all attack, since mastery is cheap right now. Mastery + HP + Spirit would be a good 3 affix for them and when you finally get your 12*s, you can just swap them over without having to reaffix

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is there some sort of secret to levelling up fast once you hit the high 40s/early 50s? I've noticed my XP gain has slowed to a crawl, even in SH +50 advance quests.

VHAQ is typically faster for leveling, since the xp loss is marginal compared to the speed you roll through it.
Use your tri-boost/xp boosters, you can get 1x 75% xp booster for 1 excube in the excube shop. You should always be in a party and have your daily boost maxed out as well.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thanks! Does the boosted level carry over across all difficulties, or just the difficulty you boosted?

just the difficulty and mission you boosted

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

While I'm waiting for the game to come back up, anyone have recommendations for some kind of end-game armor unit setup within 1-2 million meseta?
Back and Leg Diavo pieces with Glan Pike arms nets you a fair amount of HP, some PP, a decent amount of resists, and 100 attack across the board. The leg is the most expensive piece (I got mine for about 300k), with the other pieces being sub 100k. Spend the rest of the money on grinding them up to +10.

Zero VGS posted:

Also what the heck is Tempest Raid?
Compound jetboots tech. We don't have access to it yet.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Wait, the tornado casts a Zanverse on everyone? Me and everyone else? I thought it just applied wind to hits for that one alternate spinny move.
Zanverse is an area that anyone standing it it gains bonus wind damage. Fun fact, this damage is considered your damage, for purposes of things like skill points or Megiverse. I believe the Movement Gale weapon action, in addition to Zanversing, also pulls in enemies to the center, making it half decent for mobbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Oh yeah it was using it as my main skill both for mobbing (aoe is huge and has a weak magnet pull that even works on giant enemies) and for bosses because the huge range meant less missing (and easy to maintain altitude if I want to hover out of range of boss attacks). If it adds a reasonable amount of damage to the rest of the party or multi-party then it might even be the optimal DPS move in all non-solo situations.

It's 20% damage, skills/potentials don't effect its damage as of some episode 5 update. (ignore my earlier post), so its definitely worth having up. Just note that using Shifta, Deband, Resta, Anti, or Megiverse will cancel out the Zanverse, so if you have people bunched together (Like breaking an arm on elder), just get zanverse out first and then go to town, and when the DPS part is over, try to get out your shifta/deband for your allies. You can cancel out of the spinny poo poo if you want to just Movement Gale -> Weapon Action -> Attack/dodge to break the spin -> Jetboot sweep with zanverse up.