Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Ardeem posted:

So, how has the English patch been lately?
They decided to call the new enemies "Luminmechs".

I am very unhappy about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Ardeem posted:

If they don't have LED strips like an early 2000's Japanese street race car, I'm going to be very disapointed.
I mean, the enemies do look pretty cool, but it's impossible to pronounce a "nm" phoneme in English. It makes you sound like you are vomiting if you try to say it out loud.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Lastdancer posted:

Is the anime tie-in stuff bad and/or is it still in the game?

You're gonna need to be a bit more specific than that. The game has been chock full of anime crossover content for years. It's all just cosmetic crap you can ignore, though.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

MR. J posted:

Dentist.
Out of respect, you should use his full name and title: Dr. Dark Falz, DMD.

It was a lot of work body-snatching someone who had completed the rigors of space dental school.

Surprise Noodle fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 13, 2019

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Ghidoras just has a PhD in civil engineering.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

4's EN population was mostly /vg/ posters, at least in my experience running on 4. Really 1 or 2 is probably best, in general.

Going to have to agree with this. Population is important (and kind of a big unknown out of the gate). I can ignore idiots. I vote 2 (but 1 is fine also).

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
It seems more likely to me that it'd be on the Xbox for PC app. That dev website was clearly not ready for primetime, so I'd take anything it said with a pinch of salt. But who knows, Steam is certainly possible.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Control Chat: I find controller to be the better way to play, except when playing something that needs TPS aiming. Your mileage may vary, obviously.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

It costs ~$47 at the moment to get 11 AC scratch tickets on the JP server
I think you might be confusing it with AC Scratch Gold ticket prices. You can get 12 regular AC Scratches for about $22. This is still a good value, though. Premium is $13, the character storage is $40 (!), inventory expansion is about $17.50, Ragol Memes are hard to price since we can't buy them directly in JP (but maybe we can in NA?), we still have no idea what the Mission Pass even is, etc.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Also; Premium does not give you mission pass gold.

EDIT: Also you can't even get all of the gold pass rewards. You can only pick one group out of each option. This is actually worse than I thought.

Apparently, once you complete the rewards for the mission pass, you can start over from the beginning and pick the rewards you passed on initially.

So I hope you like grinding! Or paying SG!

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
The website says Daily and Weekly missions should give a small amount of stars too. But yeah, seems like maybe the system is not the greatest. I'll see how I feel about once I can actually engage with it.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

If I unlocked the rainbow rollerblades, are they consumed when I use them on the first pair of jetboots? Or can I remove and reapply them to better ones as I upgrade?

Weapon Camos are just a type of item you equip. While equipped, it changes all equipped weapons of the specified type(s) to the appearance of the camo. It's not a consumable.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
I think there's one lady at the medical counter who never does anything (she used to have COs that unlocked the various drinks, but you should be glad that they removed this feature).

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Good riddance.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
That's not water.
It's liquefied Photoner juice from the mothership.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
The shift action or variant attack (dunno what term NA uses) is just extra attacks plus a free support tech (well, for 3 of the PAs). Depending on the PA, you cast either Shifta, Deband, or Zanverse. The 4th PA's shift action turns it from an AoE to a focused high-damage single kick. The weapon action is indeed i-frames. Try using it after a normal attack, and you get a little move that gives i-frames and regenerates a lot of PP.

Oh and "gear" is what "focus" is called in the JP version.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

There is some wonkyness to storage behavior I don't like - it will always default to the general storage, so I'll have to manually switch to "all storage"

There's a setting in the options menu to pick your default storage!

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

moosecow333 posted:

Is it possible as a ranger to run two assault rifles, one that is just loaded with blight bullets and one that I do damage with?

Blight bullet is apparently great from what I hear but it loads like 6 bullets into my gun and completely removes my ability to quickly restore PP.
No, once you activate the skill, all weapons of that type will shoot the special bullets. If you take the Bullet Keep skill (or "Ammo Maintenance" apparently), then you keep the special bullets loaded when you switch to another weapon type (so launcher, or something from your subclass, probably). You can also use the Tactics Trap skill to recover PP when you've got Weak Bullet loaded.

I don't play RA, so maybe others can comment further, but that's what I'm aware of.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

If it keeps boosting beyond that then is it worth using on HP sponge enemies like Stu, or bosses where the overall party DPS isn't that great?

It's worth noting that they gave Stu a hidden ice resistance solely to prevent an entire MPA from abusing Ilbarta strats on him.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Assuming it is working correctly, it only flags people who have not logged in even once in the past 30 days. However, it sounds like Xbox Live integration broke it, along with most of the useful friend features in the game...

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Oh, I'm dense. I didn't realize they were saying PSO2 is getting a graphics update alongside the creation of NGS. I thought they were describing a difference between 2 and 2NGS.

So it's literally just:
PSO2: Gets shinier
PSO2:NGS: New game with basically a new start, but you get to bring along some stuff.
Yes, basically. You get to bring over most (maybe all?) or your cosmetic stuff, and also some equipment (but it will work differently and anything decent won't be usable from the start).

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
"Registered data" is basically all the poo poo you'd take with you if you transfer ships: emotes, accessories, basewear/innerwear tickets, etc.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
We'll have bonus quests next week, so exp issues will be less painful starting then.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Grimthwacker posted:

So far my only gripe about PSO2 is that the soundtrack is utterly forgettable. PSO's music made that game, and even Universe had some pretty good tunes from what I remember (not much). PSO2's is just so. . . muted most of the time.
The music system PSO2 uses is actually very complex. For area BGMs, there's an algorithm that splices together tens to hundreds of pieces on the fly depending on the situation that is playing out. It's actually really impressive, but sometimes the result doesn't sound like it flows super well, depending on the area. I'd recommend giving the OST versions a listen, they are all quite good.

I realize this is subjective, but for my money, PSO2 has the best music in the series. It also has the most music, by far. There's seriously a ton of it. Pretty much all the boss BGMs are absolute bangers, too. Especially the big EQ raid bosses.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
I'm fine with Just Attack being gone. The windows for JA have gotten so large that they may as well not exist as a mechanic. Also, it's kinda tough watching for the visual indicator when the screen is frequently full of particle effects.

I wouldn't worry about it oversimplifying things either. We've already seen that Hunter sword is gonna have a counter mechanic to go right to the end of a combo after a guard. If the successor classes in PSO2 (especially Luster) are any indication of their design philosophy for NGS (and they absolutely are), the classes will be chock full of mechanics to keep combat interesting.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
The good news is that you've just completed the longest single story chapter in the game.

The bad news is that you've just completed the best single story chapter in the game.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
There's always going to be spelling/formatting mistakes, and even some complete screw-ups on plot/context details, but the fan patch had the advantage of being able to update almost constantly and at any time. On the flip side, it is clear that fixing text errors is not very high on SEGA's priority list at this time, and it's fair to criticize that.

I remember once we goofed up and briefly had Kohri's enemy name listed as "Eagle Shrine Kohri" because the guy translating that bit just straight up forgot her surname was Wakinomiya. Fortunately, we could fix it almost immediately.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
What an awful term. Everyone knows they're Globots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

Oh nooo, Rappies actually due in this game instead of just running away when you mug them after they play dead.

I don't know how to feel about this game any more.
They also have a unique animation for every status effect, and they are all amazing.