Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Soulfucker's post is pretty on-point. Join us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
A reminder that wearing a silly outfit while playing through story content can always be a good time.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Good god yeah. These days you can freely buy up to 12-star weapons and even some 13-star, and up to 11-star units (armor) with a freebie 12-star set that's not bad at all handed out for reaching a certain level.
Hell even just recently they added a system where if you progress through the story all the way through Episode 5 you'll be given a full set of 12-star units that can be considered late to end game. (Among a ton of other goodies along the way)

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah once you earn the requisite title (remember to redeem the prize item from it or it won't count), you can immediately turn in hero/phantom unlock client orders right away on alts.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Don't bother keeping anything below 10* unless you want to use it later as a weapon appearance. Eventually you'll start exchanging any 10* or 11* into excubes (late game currency for various things, largely used to buy affix boosters which enables those nutso affix jobs you see on other people) or photon spheres.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The permanent stuff you can get with AC is indeed extra mags and on-hand storage, but also expansions to your character storage.
However if you ever rent an extra storage (though Ex. Storage 1 is now unlockable with star gems so you should probably use that first) there's nothing stopping you from offloading everything into it, and then taking out what you need even after the rental expires.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah mini rooms are default for everyone. You have to dismiss your support from the pedestal in order to pick it back up. You can send your support on orders from the room panel on the wall without the room item taking up space.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
There's a reason people end up calling this a dress-up game. I think pure confusion fits better.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Relaxing before eating a million lasers from the armada:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Maybe I'm just the odd one out, but I don't look forward to a version of PSO2 where every block is B-007 and I'm also a little too invested in the current server to just throw it away.
Not to mention most of the people I know who are/were into the game ended up playing on the JP server with me anyway.

I'll give it a shot, probably, but I doubt I'll take it seriously at all.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Have you done the hell grind for the 14 star rappy egg? :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's actually hiragana now, which I find far more difficult, unless it's changed again.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Client Orders have sort of fallen to the wayside of ARKS Missions. They still exist but most don't have meaningful rewards anymore in the scope of level 80+ and Ultra Hard mode.

ARKS Missions are a similar sort of daily/weekly task, but they auto-refresh so you don't have to go wondering which NPC to talk to or where they are in the ship anymore.

If you still want to make use of client orders the general consensus is: Hans for killing non-darkers, Revelle for killing darkers, Cressida for running certain quests and item collection in a specific field, and the rest are really not worth bothering about. Remember that when viewing an NPC's order list, you can click the yellow drop-down menu to filter them by field.

Oh, and shoutouts to Yerkes in the cafe, and the daily order admin since they offer considerable chunks of meseta.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 27, 2019

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It was expected though as that's the same time Microsoft is dropping support for it as well.

The game will assuredly still work on it just fine. They're just covering their collective butt.

GameGuard is a whole other beast, though...

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Ardeem posted:

I wonder if Microsoft will change to some functional cheat prevention.

What I mean is GameGuard won't have to give a poo poo whether or not they break the game for Win7.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I haven’t started watching it yet but I’m going to be pissed if they get to the episode 2 story and localise Dark Falz Loser as literally anything else.

Dentist.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be fair, those dark times where you had to be premium in order to buy high end gear...

That's about as close to "pay for power" as the game got. Yeah there was a bit of nuance to it, but at some point in the process you needed to have premium status active.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 5, 2019

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I will never get tired of the bone suit.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
All 13-star weapons are now buyable off the player market. If you're one of those unlucky persons still struggling to make an Atlas-Ex weapon, it's just gotten a lot easier! :toot:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
If i remember right, the ip blocks were orchestrated by the sleazy companies running the SEA/China versions, not Sega. So I think it's totally up in the air.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Hyper Inferno posted:

I hope that respeccing won't be locked behind paid consumables because that seems like such a huge thing that can be permanently screwed up without a guide. Mags too.

If they remotely copy the jp version, respec passes get handed out when they mess with class skills. Mags have recently gotten much cheaper (no cash) to unfuck, too.

EDIT: i wonder what English dudu and Monica will sound like... :shepface:

MR. J fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 29, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It'd be congruent with the popular eng ship on jp, at least.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Characters are tied to the ship so you could make an experimental one on ship 2 if you're worried. I hope the game has more than one free character slot unlike jp launch...

MR. J fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 5, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Do it when we have more than 20 members capacity in the guild. :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm going to take that as an overall good thing.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

The Postman posted:

I dabbled in the translation patch but never really stuck with it. Is the beginner guide in the OP good enough to get started? Also should I be doing something specific with my mag now, or just wait until I find a class I enjoy?

Wait until you're sure what you want that particular character to play as. Undoing messed up mag work can be a pain as it requires a currency you won't get a lot of until later.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Secretly hoping the class inexplicably does 10% the damage the rest of the classes do just to keep in line with the weapon type itself.

I don't think I've ever seen a gunslash break 6 figures with a PA.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The only class that can have trouble soloing is techer, purely out of simple dps. Timed challenges will be toughest with them.
The others are right in that gunner demolishes bosses with its chain trigger skills.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The story pacing for episodes is really weird and almost never ends on the big raid boss.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

RBA Starblade posted:

I think more than PSO 1 rifle camos I want PSO 1 saber camos, that red-purple one looked cool as hell at the time

Red saber exists in the client as a wand/doublesaber camo. Lavis Cannon is a 14star wand we'll likely get at the tail end of ep4.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Re: the guy struggling with Force.
Get charge pp revival asap, let's you cast without stopping your pp regeneration.
After that is the boosts to charged and perfect attack techs, element conversion, then delving into elemental masteries. Once you grab all that stuff and a decent rod you'll be hitting like a TNT-loaded truck.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Evil Fluffy posted:

Does this even do anything for charged techs? Because whether I'm timing to charge or just charging ASAP, I swear my charged techs do the same damage as a Force.

It absolutely does, especially when you learn the perfect attack tech boost skill.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Million Ghosts posted:

is there a certain katana i should be aiming for around level 45-50, or do i just keep running the VHAQ loop and praying? not complaining either way, the game finally feels like the right difficulty now.

Buy a Sange with all those photon boosters you've been piling up.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Honestly im surprised people haven't poked Sega about adding an element icon to the gauge. I know they went out of their way for summoners to add a pet HP bar and status symbols for sympathy, so it's not impossible to do.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Is Returner a thing on here yet? Because that's like the premier "hyper-expensive, only big poopsockers go for" augment.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

orange juche posted:

When you're appraising 13* weapons. You can tell if it's a 13* because the drop notification will be nuts, as well as the question mark on the item info window will be rainbow colored.

15* stuff enters the realm of comedy with its notification, particle effects on the item drop, and the gold icon at the tekker.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Once 14star eggs become a thing your pet will have both personalities at once along with the drop boost. Provided you can get a hold of the egg in the first place...

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Zero VGS posted:

Welp this was probably dumb but

Converting cubes to corn is a classic emergency maneuver, don't worry. You'll always get more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Mordiceius posted:

Alternatively, I just jump in the air, start spamming my launcher and watch everything die below me. Hasn't let me down so far.

I don't know how far along you are but that'll change eventually. Rifles are good for putting out damage while moving at the same time and blight rounds are great in raid play.