Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

fadam posted:

3)Semi-unrelated: I have thousands of Photon Boosters sitting in my bags. If I’m good on EX-Cubes, is there a more productive/lucrative way to convert them into money than just selling them?

There's always the method of turning excubes into grinders and vendoring them, though getting some of those weapons to +35 and upslotting them could prove useful in the future should you want to add a flict/alter augment to another weapon later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

At least it gets a fair bit more coherent come episode 2. But I don't blame anyone for skipping through the entire Quna arc, it blows chunks and felt forced in because they couldn't fit it into the main arc of the revival of Dark Falz.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Station Square has been drilled into my skull and the gottagofast chat thing mocks me by offering it in room disk form.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Japan thought to go with for this in the hammiest possible way and i love it.
I hope the burger accessory gets handed out during this.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

PepsimanVsJoe posted:

I'm trying to find blue crates for the mission pass and they are more rare than 13 star weapons.

The underground mineshaft is a pretty good place to box hunt since many of the rooms have that ramp up in the middle with 2-4 boxes in it.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Oxyclean posted:

How does this work? Does Ranger subclass let you equip launchers, so you just one of those instead of your main weapon for clearing during bursts?

There are various weapons that can be equipped without being the intended weapons class, but you still have to at least sub the intended class to use PAs.
Sigma weapons are special because they give you access to one of the weapon's PAs without even having to sub their intended class.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Yeah most of those camos are based off a bunch of old themed weapons that could be upgraded with rocks from advance quests. When they axed the rocks (it was a bank space nightmare) they turned the upgraded forms into camos which unfortunately only preview as the first weapon type in the list they apply to, so swords for the most part.

Thankfully they're cheap enough you can just buy them all and try them without much risk.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Not to mention if XBL ever has a shitfit (like it did yesterday for me) you're unable to talk or join any parties.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

There's so many things in this version of the game that shouldn't yet be...
How about that tutorial about binding skill rings to units?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

PSA: Don't do drugs buy SG.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Just assume that any date like that means "that's when maintenance is and you should do your things before then."

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

They announced that they're planning a global (meaning jp and na ) release with this expansion.

Could be why they're whiplashing through content so fast on NA right now.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Yeah they're was presumably a large staff cut early in ep5 and now we can start to see where those resources were being spent. I think all MS did was strongarm them into releasing out west with their server plan.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 24, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Vitamean posted:

why would you shut down a perfectly functional game with a massive amount of content just because a new one's coming out

You should've seen how fast they were to drop the axe on PSU once PSO2 hit official release.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Dabir posted:

they said perfectly functional

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Super hard's a total gongshow. Don't do any UQs there that aren't just gimmies. The players just aren't up to par there.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Get in the tweaker, goons.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

It can still break.

If you still use the default install path from the microshit store yeah.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

God maybe the game will finally be populated with decent people once it's on a functional pc platfo-pfffffff who am i kidding this is phantasy star. I still love it though

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Yes when bonus quests are in, do all the daily recommended quests because the gift box in the gateship has a chance to give you a key to access them for mad exp.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Japan can't go one minute without plugging The Real Super Power of Teamwork.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Here's hoping there's a big unskippable popup about this when you start the steam version or a lot of people are going to blind themselves into making new accounts and be very very sad.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Just a planet-sized dick slowly penetrating through the earth, centered on Tokyo.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

It's really amazing given how well most of the dubbing is.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

I haven't seen so many new players in such a long time it's incredible.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Trying to redeem a gold reward without the gold pass will also offer you a prompt to buy one.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Welcome. Welcome to Episode 4.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

It's actually 40×2 stargems. The distribution is weird

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Game's fun. The only real forced investment is the hefty 70GB install.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Use the tweaker to install fresh and follow their instructions to link the install to your xbox/ms-store account. Its at arks-layer.com or something like

Yes you can play with steam users

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nth'ing going to the discord for invites and chat. Lots more activity there.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Combat Lobster posted:

Yo it's ya dawg Drake of dis 99 Dragons chllin with da crew and getting ready to drop my hot new single 'Straight outta Lillipa' (Credited to Soulfucker).

Edit: Page 69. Nice.

I missed this man.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Whatever you need more of, really. You burn through cubes pretty fast once you start going for good augment affixes.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

THE loving MOON posted:

Been having trouble find a straight answer on this, does the nemesis/slave shield effect stay active when switching from a nemesis to slave or slave to nemesis? Or do both weapons need to be the same type.

It'd be safe to assume they'd have to be the same type. Lots of other weapon abilities work the same way.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Get the one you have elemental mastery over first since that affects their damage.
Zandion: lightning + wind
Fomelgion: fire + dark
Barantsion: light + ice

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Press spacebar and left or right and turn your mouse during the strafe dash to make sharper turns.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nemo2342 posted:

The only other real "gross" thing I can think of is that there's no in-game way to increase your inventory size, which quickly becomes an issue on UQs.

Do you mean a free method to do so? Because they sell bag expanders in the AC shop.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Translation: don't gently caress up from here on or you're playing it all over again for the gems, rear end in a top hat.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Code Jockey posted:

One of my problems is I really lean too hard on Final Nemesis, and it makes me WAY too much a sitting duck in high-action fights like Esca. There just is not time enough to stand still ~3-4 seconds to pull that attack off, unless I time it right as he opens his weak spot.
I recommend crafting a Strike Bomber Zero disc and giving that a whirl as your single target damage move. It's more mobile and faster than nemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Ready for Hero!