Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I remember when they could and Aki blightrounded them. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be fair the game is almost a decade old.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
There's a suit too iirc

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Code Jockey posted:

And I pretty much stick to 3-4 PAs, .

You are already miles ahead of all those terrible Million Storm spammers.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Million Storm has its uses (it's a great long range sweeper of weaker enemies which will come in handy for some ep5 content) but some people just lean on it way too much.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Code Jockey posted:

Speaking of VHAQ, I've been doing Floating Fortress runs and boy I tell you nothing is more satisfying than catching a big mob of enemies caught up in infighting, jumping up and dropping a fully charged Strike Bomber into the middle of them, murdering all of them and filling my screen with glorious big numbers

Do you have the gravity well PA? I recall having fun vacuuming up a bunched group of enemies and hurling a penetrating arrow through.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Code Jockey posted:

Also, saw something weird, is this normal? When the PSE burst was complete, I'm pretty sure I still had four little rappy icons in the meter on the left. Usually it clears out. Does it not clear out all the way when you hit a PSE burst?
I think any gold rappy emblems you line up during the bonus carry over. Don't quote me, though.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Be warned a few end quests at ep3 don't scale and are locked at lv80.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
People only make a big deal because every class before hero you get to lv75 gives you titles that award you account wide permanent stat bonuses.
Just do it casually with keys and you'll get there just fine.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You get 3 free character slots, each with their own mag so it's worth to roll your alts for alternative classes. Also they help you generate more income.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah.
Just a warning that episode 1 is a total slog of a story campaign if you decide to start it.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Last i recall any weapon fitting those talismans no longer exists in the global version so... v:v:v

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
In NT form or what?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It used to be helpful back when 13☆s didn't automatically drop with 60 element. You'd need two (or three if unlucky) drops of an item with matching element to get 60 back then.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
My relatively limited time in WoW has taught me that "don't stand in the bad stuff" is a very limited skill.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Anything works. The exp bars are frozen.

Also now that it's 200 it'll retain its energy when you are logged out.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Houses at least are easy when they have a core on their roof. Golems are a slog no matter what.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Stanos posted:

Gemini spawns in tot are my bane because they guarantee I won't get a 5th run in. It's already dicey with randoms sometimes, the delay with dealing with houses and gemini taking up time dying seals it.

Just shoot the infection core sticking out of the very corner.

Doesn't help when the others make it enrage though...

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nemo2342 posted:

Is there going to be a better way to get void erebite added? I have all the weapons I need at +35, but am now stuck in the hell of getting 3 fragments per UQ.

There's the 4player Persona triggers: "Call of the Void" as someone mentioned.

But also the mission pass has a bunch of them up for grabs so do those tier missions.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I got one set of them despite killing Percy about 15 times. Triggers don't seem to count.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Gonna be weird for so many people when we hit the wall and enter maintenance mode.
I honestly am eager to not be in a massive rush for everything.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Iirc the limit on event triboost food is 2 hours.
I remember on JP i had an alt that was neglected enough that when the 6th anniversary came (with their donuts for the boost food) he still had 5th anniversary donuts in his boost panel.

No I couldn't double up with both donuts.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
A-ex and trailblazers are potent through ep6 until the very end i imagine.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Is there a date set for the final boss of ep6? It's about the only thing i didn't try on jp and i don't give a drat about novel/rivalates so I'm holding out for the cras gear.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

No, I don't think I will.

:emptyquote:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm pretty sure it was stated in one of their videos that PSO2 will continue to run alongside for at least the next 5 years.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Bring back weapon flavor text. :colbert:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah JP version has them. Whatever lazy outsourced guy they gave them to must've just thrown up his hands and mass-pasted those generic descriptions over them.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Coxswain Balls posted:

Joke's on me then for waiting so long for an official release thinking the localization would be more polished and complete. That's really lame.

Even lamer are 75% of all the nostalgia-fueled weapons being axed because they originate from a time when weapon upgrading was more of a chore. wheres my guldmilla dammit

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Saagonsa posted:

Iirc there's pretty good reason to think that a decent amount of the official localization was based on the patch, and then just had some of the romanizations changed to be different. And that's how you end up with poo poo like the Rivalate weapon series with the Liberated Fang potential.

Never forget the Stag Cutralli.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm slogging through episode 4 now and kind of feel the same way. I keep falling asleep in the middle of story quests because it's cutscene after cutscene of bad dialogue and you can't mash A through half of it.

Press escape and save your brain cells. Ep4 is godawful for the first half.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

If you notice, a lot of the armor units actually do have their whole descriptions in, partially because at some point PSCrew realized they needed to point out additional stats the units are providing that the item card UI uh.... doesn't have fields for... (why do they STILL not have hp and pp in there??????) so at least those DO have non-generic descriptions.

Beats me but they made sure to put a row in for attack power, which then gets offset by your augments and doesn't show the unit's base gains anyway. :shepface:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nemo2342 posted:

This one made me laugh, so it gets my vote.

:yossame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Skeletome posted:

The fact that this can be my resting face makes it the best game ever made