Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Seconding that most of the activity in the goon guild happens on the discord, which you should probably join if you are thinking about playing this game.
Don't hesitate to ask for help or general tips!

This thread has too few screenshots, let's fix that:

What playing with the guild is like:

What playing with pubs is like:

What playing the game overall feels like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you want to play Blue Burst, I recommend the private server Ephinea. It's good!

As far as PSO2 goes, Episode 6 drops in two hours from now and is set to bring a brand new class to the game, some balance changes and eventually a new difficulty level.
I think the OP could use some more detailed descriptions of what the game plays like ("action RPG' is fairly loose) for anyone new and curious but I'm not very good at summarizing stuff, so instead have some more pictures:

Nolvac preparing for Emergency quest raids:

What playing with pubs is like, part 2:

(pubs are terrible)

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
lmao that owns

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
It should be said that the new Emergency Quest is pretty good, I'm liking Episode 6 a lot more than EP5 so far.

In a nutshell:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Saagonsa posted:

It's so easy to get stuff that's passable equipment nowadays (and even fairly easy to get top-tier stuff compared to how it used to be) that I don't really think starting new would be too bad, even if you play in tandem or something

Yeah this is true, we've helped plenty of new players rocket through the gear grind lately (one made their first Atlas Ex wand after like two weeks of playing). Getting everything re-affixed, though... :shepface:

NextTime000 posted:

and I can say that with a straight face because if you told me PSO2 was going to be at the microsoft E3 event yesterday I would have told you that joke was already old 5 years ago

:same: this was really unexpected

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hi, posting this here too since not everyone reads the discord:

I'd like to burn all of my UH triggers for Phantom Resonant 15 star farming this coming weekend where I'll be free from shift work; I'm thinking Friday or Saturday starting at 6-7 PM EST or later would be a good time where it'd be possible to get as many players as possible to show up.
Both days are fine by me but if you're interested let me know if a specific one works better for you.

The only prerequisite is a level of 85/85, but feel free to bring your own trigs for the maximum number of rolls!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So uh... I’m actually kind of enjoying the new anime. It’s basically just the episode 1/2/3 story but streamlined and with a slightly darker/bloodierpresentation. It’s not Shakespeare but it’s a decent enough way to waste 20 minutes every week.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
To me the entire thing seems like an afterthought - not sure what it means for the release itself yet...

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
The JP version has been playable with the English fan translation for years and will likely have more stuff in it than NA for the foreseeable future. Both are free so it's not like you'll lose something out by giving it a shot.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hyper Inferno posted:

Sounds like it's still pretty similar to PSO1 in that regard then for endgame content. That's great!

I'd say yes and no. It's similar in class roles, but in the past years especially, PSO2 endgame is more focused on raid bosses, multiparty areas and some solo quests than PSO1, which is more of a party dungeon crawler than PSO2 is. Episode 6 has been better with variety in quests so far than previous ones imo.

For anyone waiting for the NA release of pso2 who needs their pso1 nostalgia scratched, I recommend Ephinea for a reasonably active and non-profit PSO:BB private server I'll happily shill for. I should make a thread for it one of these days

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

a glitch posted:

Was anyone from Europe able to try the beta? I'm interested to know how good/bad the lag is likely to be.

I couldn't try it, but one of my friends got an Xbone for it and didn't have any complaints about the lag, once they actually got in. I doubt it'll be worse than EU to JP is already.

dragon enthusiast posted:

is there actually an active goon crew on ephinea. I started playing on and off a few months ago to scratch the itch and ep2 hell weapon cheese gets old fast

There are a bunch of us with accounts but certainly nothing you could call organized - there's barely an active goon crew on PSO2, and that's a *much* bigger game. The community there is overall great though and I know some of the GMs are from here.

And you'll pry my Hell cheese from my cold, dead hands.

edit: posting important pictures:

If someone asked me to sum up PSO2 with a single picture:

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 19, 2020

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Butt Discussin posted:

Get the skills to restore PP with grenades and traps, which is faster than restoring it with normal attacks.

Do this, stun grenade and upper trap in particular are great for PP regen in my opinion in combination with dive roll attacks like pointed out above.

Mordiceius posted:

Or just use the launchers exclusively

Don't do this unless you want a bad time versus a lot of enemies - the Launcher is great but Ranger works best when you use both weapons like a tool for different situations.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
The gunblade s4 is a good catch all but what s4 is 'best' largely depends on what weapon and class you're playing.

The wand s4 as mentioned is good, so is the partisan one for PP heavy builds and the rifle one is good for RA at the moment. There's some other cool combinations that get more viable later, too

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 27, 2020