Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I have stairs in my house or whatever I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

What are all of the official NPC names?

They're mostly the same as the fan translations, except some slight pronunciation changes. The names are in katakana, so its a pretty straight romanization, iirc.

Like Echo, Zeno, Lisa, Matoi/other major characters, etc their names are the same, Gettemhart's name changed to Gettemhult, and Melphonsina changed to Melphonseana. I'm not sure on the counter NPCs, they may change if the names don't fit.

Dark Falz (Double) changed to Dark Falz Gemini, which makes sense kinda as they're twins. I don't know what they'll do for (Loser) though.

Afin is still Afin

Claris Claes got renamed to Klariskrays

Tea got renamed to Tia

If it is in the official subtitles on the PSO2 Episode Oracles anime then it probably will be in game, as the names are sourced from Sega NA's material. Bigger thing is Darkers were renamed to Falzspawn, which is an entirely different name, but as "Darker" was kinda just a made up term anyways, it's not super egregious from my point of view. Dunno why they left Photoners called that, if they changed the name of the creatures that are related to Dark Falz.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 17, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ardeem posted:

You ever have those moments when you realize you've missed something completly obvious for eight years?

It's literally written on Elder/Apprentice's outfits.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Nobody can read that chickenscratch they call an alphabet anyway

I'm sure Sega has written it down somewhere because they love their fake languages.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Very excited for Cristina Vee to be half the female cast

If she can somehow differently voice each character more power to her. Whoever does wind up getting jobs doing voice acting work is probably going to be voicing a lot of characters, as even in the JP cast several characters are voiced by the same people. I think one of the voice actresses does 3 or 4 characters?

E: after listening to her voice acting, I've heard worse, but not much worse. I'll be avoiding the english voiceacting.

E2: I see what you did there

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 29, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If the voice acting is actually good it will be cool but I've seen a loooot more games with lovely voice acting than good ones.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Annath posted:

Anyone able to get the preload started yet? It's not showing up for me

Nope, apparently it is supposed to show up in your ready to install games and apps, but I got nada so far, and the Twitter account says nothing right now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

once the pc client is usable, you can probably save the character data from the salon and load it into another client; just make sure the data you save isn't using non-standard cosmetics

unless theres a way to just slam a character file into an xbone; I dont have an xbone so I wouldn't know if they just let you access files from a networked PC directly or something

There is not a way to pop character data into an xbone, as far as I can tell from other games, everything has to come from inside the xbox. Crossplay will definitely allow you to burn a salon ticket to bring over your character from JP though by saving their customization data from the JP client. They won't have any custom cosmetics, but the face/body measurements will be the same.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seems like the NA Closed Beta is hitting the rocks hard right now lol

They only launched 1 ship at the open date instead of all 6, so it immediately filled up in under 5 minutes, and now everyone is furious.

Load Balancing 101 lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If anyone needs an invite to Nol Vacancy on Ship 2 NA, please ping Raujinn in Discord, and they will get you set up. I will be on after 1030PM EST tonight, when I get home from work, you can find me in the NolVac discord as well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I heard that apparently Afin has an Australian account.
If this is true I hope they go all the way and give Apprentice an Australian accent too.

How far does the story actually go in the beta? I know summoner is in the game but they can't have up to episode 4 available right?

Beta only had through EP3 available. Odds are they are still working on dubbing story material, as well as translating in general, as people have run into situations where stuff is still in Japanese.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Smoothbrains already making their existence known

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Humerus posted:

For when there's finally a PC American server do you guys recommend playing with a controller or keyboard and mouse? I'm getting some Warframe vibes and I prefer kbm for that for what it's worth. However I'm also planning to play mostly fighter but maybe techer, so probably not a lot of aiming?

Up to you, I find controller/keyboard easier to work with, but that's because I'm used to playing PSO Blue Burst, which used the keyboard for mapping the quickslots 1-10. I also played a lot of PSO on the dreamcast and gamecube, so PSO is a controller game to me.

Do what works for you. I know a person who mapped remapped WASD in FPSes to like NM<> because somehow they were comforable with that.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 8, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FastestGunAlive posted:

I knew I wouldn’t hit three yesterday so I didn’t do any lol. Oh well, hopefully there will be a way to get DC mag in release. Or Kapu Kapu

There's still 3 urgent quests today

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Annath posted:

Hero can't be used AS a subclass, but can it still be used WITH a subclass?

My first/beta character is currently Br/Hu, going to be Br/Ph when available.

My 2nd, once able, will her Hero and whatever subclass it wants if possible.

My 3rd, I guess something that uses Techs? I like the concept of Phantom a lot, but same with Summoner and Etoile.

Hero can't have any subclass, so Hr is literally it. I don't think Et can use techs, but Wand Et has a vacuum tech that seems like a big Zondeel with more flash. I'm just barely messing around with DS Et right now but it seems really mobile, tanky, and it also has ways to dish out some pretty devastating counterattacks.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/statu...6640013331?s=20

Open beta next week, looks like it's restricted to Xbox One again.

Hot drat I'm ready

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

For anyone who is reading this and not sure how to play with goons on NA, get in the discord and once the beta goes live, hit up me on discord or Raujinn. I'm currently leading the Nol Vacancy NA alliance and Raujinn can invite. By the way if anyone else wants to get stuck with inviting powers I am looking for people.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Do you have a source on this? If they posted it somewhere official I can't find it.

Also, have they said anything about what the Mission Pass stuff does and if it stacks? IE: does buying the sonic pack and the ragol fashion pack just waste your mission pass, or do you get like two months worth of mission pass?

I would imagine Mission Pass is a consumable item, much like any other premium bonus, use it to unlock the second track of the battle pass.

Also, seconding the "I don't see anywhere prohibiting you from buying both packs". I do see where you can only buy each pack once, while you can buy Ragol Fashion packs an unlimited amount.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blorknorg posted:

So the only thing I can see online about the PC version is that it's April to June, and that was before likely viral delays. They haven't said anything on this via the site or twitter so I presume this is just someone saying 'well spring is x to y', right? Someone asked above if this Tuesday is the 'official release' and I think it being the open beta is how they're not including pc in it, so I guess when the PC comes out that'll be the 'official release'?

In another dumb question: How did it perform on X consoles vs S consoles? Were there appreciable differences? I've been mulling over getting an S or I guess an X since you can get the X's for 380$ Canadian at the moment with the star wars game. I have gamepass ultimate so it's not a purchase *solely* for PSO2, just the game's another nudge towards it.

X held up a bit better than the S performance wise, but the OG Xbox One really apparently had trouble with the game, which hopefully they've cleaned up some, so S should have decent performance.

If you have a 4k TV, and no already existing 4k console it's nice to have an actual one, games look really clean since the X doesn't upscale and actually renders at 4k.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blorknorg posted:

Alrighty thanks for the info. I just have a relatively small 1080p tv, but thought there might be a big performance difference or something like that even at 1080p but I guess not. I've half been thinking of the X as a next gen stopgap until the early shortages and hardware revisions are done with in 2021/22. Oh well guess I'll see if other vendors list the S version with the drive for 250$ CAD like Walmart did this week. Weirdly nobody price matched them for some reason.

Well the X does have performance mode when you're in 1080p, where it renders at a higher frame rate, but it's not really an excellent use case for it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

But they said it wasn't when they beta released? Welp. Guess I won't be able to play online.

Sega probably intended for it to not require gold, but Microsoft wouldn't let them use voip functions on the xbox without it or something like that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Sorry for the necropost but

I sort of want to get a S on the cheap for this and despite having a 4K tv I sort of think that at best 4K, while nice looking, is not the huge leap as going from SD to HD, and snake oil at worst. On the other hand my only frame of reference is a PS Pro where very few games can do 4K uncompromised (God of War, Horizon...that is about it), so I may not have the best frame of reference.

Xbox one X is about 50% more powerful than a PS4 Pro. It actually hits 4k60 in games, I've never seen anything where it has downscaled like the PS4 Pro to save framerates.

Though, honestly, there's nothing wrong with getting an Xbox One S, but my understanding is the One X is basically a wholly different GPU and CPU that just so happen to run the Xbox One version of Windows 10, and happens to be called an Xbox One.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 16, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If anyone needs an invite to Nol Vacancy NA, I will not be online until after 10PM EST. Ask Raujinn in the discord for an invite, I will be on after that time to be able to invite. If anyone wants to volunteer to be able to do invites/spacework please let me know.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I said come in! posted:

lol no thank you. Completely out of place for a game like this. Just offer a normal cosmetic only cash shop.

That's in addition, in order to filter out the literal thousands of items that would need to be distributed. There's thousands and thousands of cosmetics that are in the 8 year backlog that Sega needs to find a way to filter out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

Compared to the JP method of gambling on scratch tickets, the mission passes doling out older AC scratch content doesn't seem too bad to me. My biggest worry was that it'd be separate from premium. Even if you don't want to spend a dime on the game, the free mission pass will still kick cosmetics your way, more than you'd be getting with free FUN scratches, anyway. It seems to be more of an incentive to get premium than anything. Unless they jack the price of premium up, it's only more stuff for the same (or no) price.

Open beta rewards announced. Hit up the visiphone to snatch em up after login. No end date announced.

Flowen’s Sword (x1) (Sword Camo)
F Shooter / Licht (x1) (Rifle Camo)
Squeaky Hammer / Nacht (x1) (Rod Camo)
Astral Riser/Nacht (x1) (Gunblade Camo)
Fresh Aura (x1) (Back Unit)
EXP Earned +50% (x10)
Rare Item Drop Rate +50% (x10)
Meseta Earned +50% (x10)
Half Scape Doll (x5)

SQUEAKY HAMMER YESSSSSS why isnt it a wand though?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tier missions are pretty easy and reward between 7 and 9 stars each, each daily and weekly rewards 1 star. What I see probably happening is people use up all their tier missions early on and then stop working on their mission pass. Even so, just kinda halfassing it will get you to tier 15 just by burning up your tier missions and then doing dailies and weeklies sometimes. If you're any kind of diligent about it I could see someone clearing tier 30.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I'm not sure who wants to bite the bullet and try to make the goonsquad for this game first. Just remember if we can get at least four people and like 6000 points or whatever we get free emotes!

There is Nol vacancy in NA, join the discord and ask in there one of the officers or me will get you sorted

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

I asked in-game, but am kinda confused after looking at the stats for 12 and 13* weapons. Switched over to gunner/hunter and I am sitting on 1.1k unique weapons badges and 20 rising weapons badges. Looks like my options are:

H10 Missouri - 13* with 450 DEX requirement, 20 RWB
Nox Chario - 12* with 425 R-ATK requirement, 400 UWB

I am nearly 100 dex short of being able to equip the Missouri (which looks to have been a PSO2es weapon), but it also has about 300 more R-ATK at base level than the Chario. Presumably, some of the dex will come as my character gets to a higher level, but should I be putting skill points into +DEX in order to prep for the weapon? Comparing potentials, the Missouri seems to have a better setup, too. I'm just not entirely sure how to get to the dex requirement.

No, Dex is a wasted stat on a Mag unless you are a Braver right now. There are affixes on units that can give more DEX, but really you will be able to equip the 13* once you get closer to 75. You will get a handful of DEX each level, basically, and you should never put points in DEX unless you have a class skill that converts DEX to attack power.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kirios posted:

As a huge fan of PSO1 I want to really like this game, and the nuts and bolts are there, but it's tremendously confusing. There's a million systems going on and the game does a horrible job of explaining things. Is there a set of beginner guides / videos I could read or watch? I just want to make some semblance of what's going on.

Also, are all the goons that played on the English translation now jumping ship? I hope more of those folks do, as I want to see this version of the game thrive. Hell, I even remember playing Phantasy Star Universe with you guys! (That game wasn't that bad I swear)

There's a huge wealth of information on youtube that runs down how stuff works in PSO2. Once I get to a spot where I can link some stuff I'll link some good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwanPnF69c

This one is fairly high protein, low fat. Lots of good info without a ton of fluff. If you want to play with goons, join ship 2, and get in the Nol Vacancy discord and ask in NA Campship channel. Me or one of the other officers will get you an invite.

Some of the systems are specific to JP at this time (bonus keys, levelling quests) however they will definitely be in NA once the content advances to that point.

Also, EXP caps were dead in the Closed Beta, and were not a thing. They may be a thing for Scion classes however.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 22, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

P.N.T.M. posted:

Is the discord for PC or Xbox?

Also, everything I'm reading says stack all mag levels into MAtk and fix it's skills and PSB later. Is that fairly accurate for a Hunter?

The discord is for both, if you're a hunter put everything in to Matk yeah, for Mags you basically always want to put all your levels in your primary attack stat. The Mag system is a lot simpler than in pso1, which is a good thing imo, I didn't enjoy having to count off my feedings and plan them out ina notebook if I wanted a specific result.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

Gunslash Successor Class Announced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl3jrkQvc8#t=6918s
This is NOT a drill

also: Vita support ending in August, they are planning a supermassive update when that happens, which will include this new class. However, they do not want to call the august update "Episode 7" just yet.

Gunslash prices on the market are gonna spike lol.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PSO2 NA is releasing on PC in May, not sure when, but they seem to think that the game will be ready for release then. There's a lot of TL work that still needs to be done, hope they can fit it all in within a month.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also, Sega Japan is planning on having both NA PSO2 and JP on the same release schedule within 2020, so by the end of 2020 they are planning on being fully caught up on content with JP, and then do synchronized/simultaneous releases with NA and JP going forward.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comme..._japan_in_2020/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I am hoping this happens soon. It feels like the Xbox crowd dropped off very quickly and there arent that many people left playing.

I mean you always lose about 60-80% of your playerbase in the first 2 weeks, it just depends on how big your initial playerbase is that determines your stable population. I know there's 24 people in NA Nol Vacancy, but I only ever see 2-3 online at a time, and some of them I've not seen on since the beginning of CBT/OBT.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hopefully it will pick back up in a month or so when PC is released and people don't have to have xbox live or whatever.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pierre McGuire posted:

is the PC version going to be through the Windows/Microsoft store? Was wondering mainly because of the support for W10 only.

Does the Microsoft store not work on win 8? It should I thought, might be wrong though.

E: it does have Microsoft Store and should be fine though 2023.

E2: welp I guess it does have Microsoft Store, but it doesn't have any apps newer than like 2018, rip.

Probably should upgrade to win 10, it's like Win 8 but sucks less and clicking the start menu doesn't take away your entire desktop.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 5, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dabir posted:

Are you sure it's only Windows 10? They dropped support for 7 recently because MS themselves did, but isn't it still officially supported on 8?

I mean considering MS is not accepting new apps on the Windows 8 store, W8 is basically frozen out, even though the app technically would run.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's definitely "Here be dragons" territory though, if they do some windows store mess where it just doesn't show up in Windows 8's store, there's not much that can be done.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

Guess it's time to upgrade to my Win8 shitbox to Windows 10. Here's hoping nothing breaks

Good news is win8 shitbox probably will run fine on windows 10. problem is though that depending on what you've got on your computer you might wind up with problems from old programs, depending on how long it's been since you reinstalled windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Be the target demographic for the version of the game that lets you pay money to wear PSO1 outfits?

Are any of the youtubers doing content on this game either not full of lies and misinformation or at least good about corrections?
No and no