Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Also forgot to mention the permo filters like the 8-bit one that only has one use at best:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

TheTofuShop posted:

e: asked in the discord and no one can figure out what happened. I was prompted to enter a Player ID, but I guess I'm starting from scratch again. Oh well

At least there's enough QOL stuff that will pretty much sky rocket you back to where you were. Minus any cosmetic stuff you had.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

MR. J posted:

Relaxing before eating a million lasers from the armada:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

rip weapon exchange man

He got what was coming to him.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Scoss posted:

Sword is a little slow by nature and excels at wailing on one or a couple large semi-mobile targets. It does have some gap closers like Guilty Break and non-charge skills like Twister Strike and Sonic Arrow. My recommendation though would be to try the Wire Lances, they are extremely good for slaughtering groups of small jumpy enemies (Twist Driver and Wild Cyclone are my preferred spam skills). You have a lot of tools at your disposal for every kind of fight.

The real answer is to wait for Sacrifice Bite 0 for extra reach. Also building focus shortens charge PAs to the point that they're near instant. Sonic arrow helps build focus ultra quick and having the hunter focus ring really helps in keeping that focus. You could also just wait for the enemy to attack you, perfect guard them and beat them senseless. That's what I do at least.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 5, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

In anticipation for the lame Hot Wheels UQ coming soon, I decided to make good on an old in-joke from when Stu was hot on JP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL_x4-MRZTI

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

I did somehow manage to S rank the 2.5 hour long mission in Episode 2 though, which is good because no way in hell did I want to run that a 2nd time.

Man, I was pissed when they withheld 100 points just cus I didn't do the whole thing in one sitting.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

orange juche posted:

They are Christmas trees hastily reskinned with extremely patriotic ribbon yes

It's Chirstmas in July, duh.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Jack Van Burace posted:

Is the Discord in the OP the one for US and JP players both? I'm on NA Ship 3 since I was going to play with some RL friends but they never ended up joining. I guess I'll transfer to ship 2 when those open up, but it'd be nice to play with this community, especially with the situation with the forums, now.

Yeah it's used for both. Even if you aren't on Ship 2 you should come on anyway. You can watch us bicker about stuff.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Heads up ya'll, we're experiencing an emergency code judgement as the leaders of Team Blue (the main Alliance Nol Vacancy) and Team Red (the overflow Vacant Nol), and myself (Red team officer whose doing the heavy lifting) are culling out players who appear to be 'inactive'. So if you're logging on and wondering why you're no longer in an alliance, then you failed to filled out the monthly activity survey that was posted on the discord weeks back. (It was pinned and brought up numerous times so you've got no excuse).

That's not to say you can't come back, you just gotta let us know. (And maybe be more 'on-the-ball next time the monthly survey comes around.)

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Bloodplay it again posted:

Does it not show inactivity in the members list? I can only assume I've been kicked because this is the first mention of any survey I have seen despite capping AP this past week and grouping up with people for UQs. Haven't been on Discord but have been fairly active in this thread.

E: still there. Phew.

I did what I could to mention it in-game as much as I could, because I can't edit the MOTD. (Unless you're on Team Blue, in which case, that's their problem.)

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

orange juche posted:

lmao so this showed up on Reddit for Ship 2,

I immediately mentally drew a ring on the left ring "finger" and reminisced about the goatman

Looks like we found the Profound Darkness.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I had a SH PD run that went on for that long, and we ended up failing the DPS check which on one hand that sucks, but the other, how often do I actually get to see what happens when you gently caress up that bad.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 27, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

teacup posted:

2. Is it solo friendly, I have no friends

The cool part of PSO2 is that even during a high-end content raid, you can get away with doing your own thing and pretend that other 11 players are just npcs*. (That's what I tend to do when I'm solo)

*Some 'npcs' say very weird things, it is a-okay to ignore them.

Al-Saqr posted:

Which server or ‘ship’ is best?

Most goons are on Ship 2 with Ship 1 as a close second.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Yo it's ya dawg Drake of dis 99 Dragons chllin with da crew and getting ready to drop my hot new single 'Straight outta Lillipa' (Credited to Soulfucker).

Edit: Page 69. Nice.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 9, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Also, don't expect the story to be good or even comprehendable in any way.

Yeah cause the first half of ARR was a masterpiece in storytelling.

But they kinda have a point, story mode is plagued with being more or less a big clipshow stripped out of the old way of experiencing the story; which was loving painful to do. It's at its worst in episode 1 and early parts of episode 2 but gets better as you get to later episodes. Also the story ain't that hard to follow. (Episode 1 = Arks member acts like a bad man and turns into an even badder man)

However, you do not have to engage with the story at all as it doesn't lock you out of the other content. The only things that lock you out of content is your character's level and a few Client Orders from the NPC Cofy (lady next to the quest counter in the lobby).

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 9, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Apparently the Steam rewards are somewhat bugged and you might end up with the wrong reward. (For example for me, I got two headcrab emotes even though you only need one ticket)

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Dryzen posted:

Save some for your friends in the future 🤗

Yes, let's give our friends crabs.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah that's without a doubt gonna sit in a credit card for ages

An emote. An emote. My credit score for an emote.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

What are we doing with our lives...

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Today in weird poo poo you can do with emotes:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Grimthwacker posted:

OK, I must've missed how to craft and cook. I've been gathering some ingredients and asked around at the cafe, and you're supposed to be able to cook there and on the expedition ship?

There's some Client Orders from the young lady standing next to the center of the cafe that will unlock both food making and ring making on the gateway ship. Most foods are meant to help get other ingredients, namely minerals and rocks for rings, and a select few that give stat boost like jerky.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

Okay maybe I'm dumb, it's level 30. Maybe I leveled it farther than I thought, and didn't realize it had evolved? I swear it wasn't this far up yet when I logged off last night.

I don't recall it saying anything about it evolving, I figured it'd be a bigger deal?

I'd be mindful what you're feeding that mag. (which you can fix later so don't sweat it for now) I'm assuming you want to max our DEX cause you're playing Bouncer and/or Braver. If so, I'd recommend feeding it PA/Tech disks which give pure DEX and won't add levels in stats that you don't want.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

I set it to manual like every guide said to do and still, for some reason double tapping the W or S keys while I move makes me stop, which makes sense because

Any guide that tells you that I do not trust.

I can't comment on the keyboard controls, but on controller, it's a breeze to control in automatic over the shoulder mode.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Happy Hedonist posted:

Am I going to be able to figure most things out on my own, or do I need to watch some dumb video first? I don't have the patience to learn some complicated MMO right now, I want to hit poo poo with a big sword and look like a cool mech.

I'd probably just hop on the discord and ask questions in the questions channel whenever you need help with something. That said, apparently someone on the discord went in solo and managed to get to level 70 without any help, so idk it's possible.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

The only friend partner you'll ever need.

Okay maybe two if Sega ever lets me upload two friend partners.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 10, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

I ended up loving around with Fighter, Force, and Braver getting them all to 20ish. On different characters because I have the brainworms.

Also, this game's dub is the most frustrating goddamn thing. All these talented performers struggling against the fact that they're being directed by a farting chimpanzee.

Wait till you get to episode 4 where some takes sounded like they were just reading them for the first time.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

Wasn’t that at the end of episode 3? I remember having to do it on normal because levels were locked to 80 (unless I am thinking of another defense quest).

The one Kirby is thinking of is the one that takes place on the MB2 map and aint too hard albeit tedious. The one you're thinking of, and the one I believe is the one Zeether's friend is actually talking about is the Mb4 map, but it's just a fight with apprentice.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Hivac posted:

looking forward to the pso2 directory reaching something like 200 gigs

More like pso2 in its own drive.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

brand engager posted:

*booting up fighting game* aagggh loving QTEs again

Hold on a second, this is Omikron!

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Pyro Jack posted:

To honor those who just stand there in Deus Esca's stage-cutting attack, here's a simple guide to prevent it.

Yeah, kinda bitter about people not avoiding the big obvious attack that kills you in one hit, especially if it's against Gracia.

Eh, my HU is chunky enough to eat that poo poo and come out of it a okay. It doesn't even drop me below 50% HP.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 6, 2020

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

It's real fun when no one wants to pick up the sword either.

Some things never change.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of Alliances...

Attention: All Vacant Nol Members

Aces and I are in the process of merging alliances, however we ain't gonna bother with the in-game means cause uhh, gently caress it. So here's what gonna happen:

-I'm gonna spend the remaining ap on Tri-boosters this weekend. Be sure to check the alliance counter to claim them, you'll receive an email about it when I make the purchase.

-In the meantime, I need you to get in touch with me (Maddie (Combat Bubster) on the discord server) (Either through discord DMs or PMs here) to let me get a headcount of how many of us on red team are moving over and so I can just pass the list to Aces so it'll be easier to send invites.

When you send your DM/PM, I want your Playeridname and/or character name.

You have until this Sunday @ 11:59pm CDT to get this done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Gotta min/max that weekly AP. Besides it like 10-13 of us active. Might as well do what we set out to do from the very beginning.