Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NextTime000 posted:

I think it wont matter what ship we pick, except ship 1 will probably be super crowded

I'd say three or four would be solid because those are places where a lot of non-chan players used to linger and anyone swapping over is probably going to aim for "their" ship if I had to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Badman posted:

Beta's a lot more stable now. I spent three hours with no issues except losing three hours of my life to PSO again.

Yeah, once it came up it was fine. I'm on ship 2, the most neon cast I've seen so far, going by "Skub" if any of you have seen me around.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Regarding controls; I've always found KB+M fine, and I'm really getting frustrated with gamepad when it comes to playing as Gunner.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Honestly I'm still kind of disappointed that the game seems to be dropping us in the middle of episode 3/4 or so in terms of content. In the beta there was a shop to turn in stuff for Elder weapons, literally right next to a shop to turn in stuff for Nox weapons. It feels weird that the game is going to launch in a state where half the content is basically useless, assuming they don't change it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

A lot of elder's stuff is based on the NT versions of the weapons, and things like elder rifle got buffed to 12* weapons. So they seem to definitely be rebalancing things to make ep1 content more relevant.

You're not wrong, I'm just slightly worried the game's going to drop DoA basically. But from what I saw of the beta we don't have any of the non-darker content yet. So who knows.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Is a tank a meaningful distinction in this game or is everyone responsible for keeping themselves alive? I remember hunter had some aggro related moves but never got far enough in content for that to really matter since most things were just dodgable.

Some classes have aggro style moves but there isn't really a "Tank" or "healer" role in this game. You certainly can play a class that focus on keeping everyone buffed and healed, but you'd be expected to do damage between the heals too. High-end content generally has people trying to avoid getting hit if they can, at all. Hunter specializes mostly in being incredibly bulky and survivable, wheras forces can use techs to heal themselves and others - but other classes like rangers, gunners and fighters mostly just do lots of damage.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Don't forget to do the beta survey for 500 AC at launch. That's enough for another mag and an AC scratch ticket.

Also inventory. Never forget the inventory.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hyper Inferno posted:

Sounds like it's still pretty similar to PSO1 in that regard then for endgame content. That's great!

It really is, except now you can't steal loot.

Also, last EM of the beta and I got an elder rifle drop. Feels good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If you buy the Sonic pack, you cannot buy the Ragol Edition. If you want both, you will need to buy the Ragol Fashion Pack instead. The Sonic Edition is the game client + extras and the Ragol Edition is game client + extras, whereas the Ragol Fashion Pack is licensing for the extras only. They are the same price and you can buy as many fashion packs as you want. You can only buy one Sonic pack, since there's no fashion pack equivalent.

Both packs are available next Tuesday when the open beta begins, leading us to the obvious assumption that ron_paul_it's_happening.gif for real, COVID19 and the 18 others, be damned. I am going to try to get a keyboard working with my bone before Tuesday so I can actually talk to everyone instead of staring at chat like a creep who sticks their whole hand in the mashed potatoes at family gatherings/buffets.

Edited JP prices because I lack reading comprehension.

Do you have a source on this? If they posted it somewhere official I can't find it.

Also, have they said anything about what the Mission Pass stuff does and if it stacks? IE: does buying the sonic pack and the ragol fashion pack just waste your mission pass, or do you get like two months worth of mission pass?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Presumably the mission pass will be a consumable ticket like Premium, allowing you to stash the second. Surely we will find out more info Monday or Tuesday.

In regards to your first question:

https://www.twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1238514138181070850

I believe there was something even more clear posted to the PSO2 forum but when I log in on desktop with my Xbox account it says "no xbox account found," leaving search broken, and the site just straight-up crashes Firefox on mobile for me right after selecting Enter Site. The link above specifically is referring to someone's "I wish I could buy this more than once" post. The way I understand it is, if you want both, you buy the sonic collab edition for the client + extras and then you'd buy the fashion pack for the Ragol Edition stuff, with no limit on how many fashion packs you can buy.

Thank you so much, twitter's an absolute mess and I trawled pretty deep and I didn't find this one at all amid the storm of them just responding to people and people spamming big obnoxious discord community things.

Lemon King posted:

I got a loaner OG Xbox One, so I'll see how much of a potato it is this Tuesday. :smith:

That's how I played and, honestly, it wasn't bad at all. Every complaint I had (like the resolution being butt) was felt by my friends using newer bones. The lobby loaded a big sluggish but I also didn't turn down the number of peeps rendered which is something even the PC version has an issue with.

NextTime000 posted:

oh I would super get the sanic founders pack over ragol founders

ragol comes with just the 10 memes and the other stuff, but sanic comes with all of the sanic stuff and still brings 5 ragol memes with it.

cause then yeah; they'll undoubtedly have ragol memories available by other means down the lines, the sonic stuff could easily be founders only (but I could see the JP server getting these items when the Sonic lobby returns in June)

I'll probably get the sonic version because inventory space, honestly. But the ragol stuff is pretty neat. I can't wait to go full on sato fan again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Weeks to months, really. They might release it at the end of open beta (unlikely) and they might wait until the very end of spring. We've had no word on delays yet.

I have been seeing some misinformation about the xbox version recently, however, so if anyone smarter than me can confirm: do you need xbox live gold or the gamepass to play this now? I've been seeing a lot of people on twitter and stuff saying you do. And the PSO2 twitter hasn't been correcting them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

You do need gold to play, for some reason, according to the official site

But they said it wasn't when they beta released? Welp. Guess I won't be able to play online.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's real cool of them to, based on that screenshot, lock cast parts away behind their lovely battlepass. Guess I'll be making a new character at some point in the future. Nice of them to hand out that sword camo though, I love flowen's sword.

orange juche posted:

SQUEAKY HAMMER YESSSSSS why isnt it a wand though?

A lot of their choices in this regard tend to be based on animation move sets. Like how the Red Saber was a partisan instead of a sword.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

NextTime000 posted:

oh yeah like those parts even in the screenshot they listed there are like, locked behind years of unrevived gatcha rotation so; that's where a bunch of us are coming from on this subject. "wow! these things are at least some form of obtainable, as opposed to being basically almost unobtainable!"

like the biggest issue has been the Recycle Shop being there as a means for people to shred unwanted cosmetics to turn into other stuff like outfit recolor passes; so even low-demand cosmetics still go extinct eventually on the JP server

Like, yeah I get it'll be useful for that. At some point, after we've had more than one AC scratch. But right now it's not serving that point, because there are no old cosmetics to re-run through it for NA players. It'd be cool if that's how they did it, to recycle old content. But I've never seen a battle pass that actually contributed to a game in any meaningful way, and I kind of don't have faith in them to do that here, either. It feels like a very excessive appendage to shove in especially when you look at just how many rewards the gold track has versus the free track.

JP's model certainly wasn't flawless, and it did render some cosmetics effectively dead (one of my favorite items was highly unpopular and I basically had one of the last few on my ship and it was worth obscene amounts) but I also don't really like the idea of just walling off cosmetics behind another unnecessary paywall. The fact that they've put so much emphasis on things like bundles and this mission pass, all while staying absolutely silent about the PC version as well just really doesn't sit well with me, too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm having flashbacks of trying to buy PSO music for my room and seeing prices higher than all the money I had ever earned on my way up to getting two classes to 75 and one to 90. Didn't you need to buy art books to get Ragol memory or something like that? If they took away the mission pass, what advantages are there compared to having it? Free and paid players are both getting more cosmetics without having to buy more AC for scratch tickets. There's the possibility that I have a fundamental misunderstanding of the way it all works on JP because most of the time I played required webmoney, well before PSO2es. It seemed to me like people gambled on AC scratch tickets, sat on the prizes, then just flipped them down the road to buy other, haven't-been-available-for-years cosmetics, which is why I bothered mentioning sitting on Sonic cosmetics earlier.

Obviously something like buying pso money to exchange for exactly the cosmetic you want would be a better system, but this still seems like a better setup than JP and definitely better than SEA.

The thing is, is that people are comparing the launch of this new game, to entering PSO2JP years in where cosmetics were dead and outdated and thus were immensely expensive. Right now, NA is just now launching. It doesn't have that history yet, so the parts in that track aren't old and outdated yet. They aren't limited supply; until we know what's in the AC scratch, they're the only supply. If this mission pass was being applied to JP, then yeah that'd be cool. People would be getting access to old and outdated items they might want. But NA players aren't getting old items. They're getting new items. Now there's just a bunch of cosmetics locked behind premium/mission pass.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Annath posted:

Are the battlepass rewards guaranteed for a given tier, like in Fortnite or whatever? Because even paid, that's much better than a "free" scratchoff ticket with a random chance at a given pool of items.

Full disclosure I might be misunderstanding how it works.

You're not wrong, but it only really helps the people who pay for it. The benefit of the AC system (flawed as it is) is that people tend to sell their extras. They didn't always horde them forever. So people who didn't, or couldn't, afford AC scratch at the time could still get the item. Meaning eventually most people who wanted the item, would still get it. With the battle pass system, it looks like most people will only be getting one copy of the thing. Which means people are less likely to sell unless it's an item they absolutely do not want. This also has the side effect of making tickt-based items a lot harder to keep track of since if you use a ticket for an accessory two times, you unlock it on all characters permanently. With the AC system you could get, or buy, two of whatever. With this system, you're going to have to hope someone is selling theirs. And if you do buy it, you're possibly depriving someone who couldn't afford the battlepass of one.

Ok, I think I see what you mean now. You want to make sure the items in the mission pass are also available at some point via AC scratch, right? Because they might not be available via AC scratch, they might not be available for purchase from other players. I guess some of it depends on whether mission pass items can be listed on the store or not, in that regard.

Basically, yeah. I love that they have a direct purchase shop now, apparently. And that it's supposedly rotating every day? That's amazing, because that will help a lot in terms of deterring items from vanishing forever. And if someone really, really wants an item they can just buy it instead of having to rely on the market or AC.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

you don't need xbox gold to play the open beta

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

It says you need it to play online on the store page.

I do not have xbox live gold and I am playing just fine. I assume it's because it's still in "beta" that I'm getting away with this.

Also the sonic and ragol bundles are up, you have to search for them manually though. And there's an event going on for joining an alliance, will we be having a goon group?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Also; Premium does not give you mission pass gold.

EDIT: Also you can't even get all of the gold pass rewards. You can only pick one group out of each option. This is actually worse than I thought.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 18, 2020

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Surprise Noodle posted:

Apparently, once you complete the rewards for the mission pass, you can start over from the beginning and pick the rewards you passed on initially.

So I hope you like grinding! Or paying SG!

Oh boy!

The really frustrating thing is that the only thing that gives you exp towards your mission pass are the specific mission pass missions. Nothing else. It'd be neat if like, CO's, daily missions, and all sorts of stuff contributed progress. But instead you just get missions to do missions so you can fill your bar. They don't even give you anything besides stars for the mission pass.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ultrachrist posted:

I started playing this having not really heard of it (it came out in JP in 2012???) but saw an ad for it on the xbox dash and have fond memories of the dreamcast game.

Is there a good beginner's guide somewhere? Or at least some guidance on ways not to gently caress yourself over? I've been playing a braver and gravitating towards the bow, so I fed my mag towards ranged damage.

The basics of the game are obvious and fun but the systems surrounding it are not well explained thus far.

You can't really gently caress yourself over, honestly. Even Mags which are the easiest way to make a mistake can be fixed with a cost now.

For Braver, from what I recall you want a DEX mag rather than an R-ATK one. But my info might be outdated. There are a lot of guides out there, but it's a bit hard to tell exactly where we are in terms of balance and patching.

You get the mission pass ticket along with the premium ticket when you buy the latter on the AC shop, or at least you should. Every other method of premium acquisition at the moment (any of the three packs) gives you both tickets as well. Contact support if you bought premium with AC but did not get the mission pass.

Oh, yeah getting the tickets. When people were saying that premium gave you gold I misread that as actually using the premium ticket gave you gold. So I figured I'd mention that just in case anyone was as dumb as me. It's just that only now I realize how dumb I was!

The game pass stuff is alright. I'm glad they're adding in unique cosmetics for it! The xbone gamepad is cute. I'm less thrilled about the free 1mil meseta, but that could be worse. It's easy enough to earn that. But still, the inflation on things is already kind of bad. Most cosmetics I've seen on sale are already over 5mil on ship 2. Back on ship 4 in JP 1mil was the average for a very long time.

EDIT: Did they nerf the time attack CO's? They only give like 5k not 50k.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 19, 2020

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, they nerfed those into the ground a while back, but introduced the arks missions system which gives a lot of meseta for its dailies and weeklies.

Dang. Last time I played JP for any real length of time (p3(?) dancing collab) they were still worth a decent amount. Oh well, somehow i keep raking in money so I'll live.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ghostinmyshell posted:

After a couple of missions I'm dealing with inventory issues and dumping stuff into storage, what is the cheapest/howto way to get more inventory space?

For a start, you can dump stuff into storage straight from a mission. It's not convenient, and storage starts off small. But you can.

But more directly: You can buy permanent inventory expansions for AC, and I'd rank them up as second priority after any additional mags you might want. That sonic bundle right now comes with a bunch of inventory expansions, for example.

Premium also comes with not only some inventory expansion, but a premium exclusive inventory.

EDIT:

I found this. Neato. I also learned getting screenshots off of the xbone is a pain in the rear end.

Double edit: Also, casts, you should check your character carefully in the salon because half of my changes were completely randomized since CBT.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 19, 2020

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Weebly posted:

Do we have an alliance to join? I’m just running so many missions alone :(

I'm not sure who wants to bite the bullet and try to make the goonsquad for this game first. Just remember if we can get at least four people and like 6000 points or whatever we get free emotes!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kevos Setzer posted:

I think there's a Nol Vacancy in NA Ship 2, but there might not be anyone on this exact moment to invite.

Invites are done by Player ID, which if you haven't changed it will be PN followed by some random number. You can change it by hitting options before selecting a character, and there should be an option to change your PlayerID. It says there's a charge, but your first change is free.

After that, try hopping on the Discord or asking here, I guess.

Also how do we change our player IDs?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kevos Setzer posted:

After you select your ship, then there's options for Choose/Create Character, either Options or Support, and then a couple others. Hit the second choice and one of the things will mention PlayerID. You can see your ID and change it if you want. The first change is free and then it costs money to change it after that.

Got it, and got into the alliance. Looking forward to playing with you goons at some point!