Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Countblanc posted:

do the stores rotate a random stock or something? the Photon Arts guy isnt selling anything for Gunner so can I just not buy Gunner arts right now?

It seems that Summoner, Gunner, and Brave get their starter weapons and discs as quest rewards from some class-specific Client Order npcs hanging around the level-up counter, instead of buying them from the shops.
Probably an artifact of the fact that they weren't in the game at launch and were added later?

Although, on that tack... Does the disk shop ever upgrade its stock, or will I just forget about it forever after buying the 1-2 skill disks for my class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Countblanc posted:

Is that in the Personal Store? I went to open that up and it told me to make a 2nd password, and then immediately told me that password was wrong.

The personal store is for player-to-player trade. You can't actually put stuff up for sale without paying some kinda premium currency for a temporary access pass, but anyone can buy stuff.

There's also a teleporter in the middle of the main ship floor that takes you to a proper shopping complex, with some low level shops and an NPC who lets you feed swords to your sword to give it +1's. (I dunno how worthwhile this is while still low level though since you replace stuff pretty frequently.)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Is there a good way to keep track of which client orders are available to take without checking all half-dozen+ NPCs before every mission?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zereth posted:

How would I go about getting new robot parts (that aren't the ones I didn't choose during character creation)?

It seems like the main sources of cosmetics in f2p are the "scratch-off" tickets that you buy for FUN points, and of course the player market. Not sure if there's anything else.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What are y'all goons using for controller layouts? I see that there's an option to bind a separate button to "weapon action" which lets you squeeze in a 5th PA into your bar, but there's no free buttons anywhere on the default controller layout...
If I play melee, will I be fine unbinding the free-cam button and using right stick click for lock-on or something instead?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cheap Trick posted:

Buy an Xbox Live gift card from an online reseller.
Redeem the code in Windows Store (you may need to keep your Windows region set to United States when doing this), then buy whichever AC pack you're after.

Apparently the MS store still requires you to give an american address when adding a USD balance to your account from a gift card. Or so I've heard online.

The man called M posted:

Is there any way to map movement to the arrow keys? I’ve tried to do it and it wouldn’t work.

I dunno what "it wouldn't work" means, but if the game won't let you bind those keys in particular you could always look into using something like AutoHotkey to rebind them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zereth posted:

What exactly does this "Salon pass" I got from some ARKS mission let me do? I've complained about not getting a chance to recolor my built-in robot basewear during character generation, will this let me do that?

And is it consumed when I start doing stuff, or when I click confirm at the end?

You can visit the salon to recolor most stuff or change your hair or accessories or whatever for free.
Some changes, like adjusting your body shape, require a realmoney payment. I guess the salon pass is an alternative for those?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mordiceius posted:

I wish I had any loving sense how to play this game.

As someone who has never played PSO, I have no loving idea where I should be going or what I should be doing. The tutorial doesn't really teach you anything. Then you're dropped in a room and told "okay bye, go do your stuff" and I have no idea how to do that or get with others to do that or where I should go or how to equip anything or go anywhere else. It's just "here's a bunch of convoluted menus."

How.... how do you play this game? What should I be doing as a fresh player?

Step one is to find Afin in the gate lobby (he moves around in the are a a bit, so you might have to look for him for a few seconds), talk to him, and do each of his "Client Orders" (aka sidequests) one at a time. Most of those do some tutorialization stuff and will get you at least SOMEWHAT far.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Also once you get a mag LOOK UP HOW TO FEED IT
It's not that hard to do but it's easy to do it the wrong way, and very hard to undo mistakes.

Basically you almost always want the mag to be trained to 200 of one particular stat, but the items for training Melee and Tech attack also give some exp in dex, so you have to know how to decrease dex exp before it gets high enough to get an actual level in dexterity instead of the stat you want.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
On the topic of grind level: is there some limit to where I should get it while leveling? I've gotten a ton of copies of this one 7* katana as drops so I just keep shoving them into it and it's at +24 or something now. I thought as you got to higher grind levels there would be a failure chance or something but I haven't seen one yet... What's up with that?
Or should I just keep going until it gets to the cap?

Rocketpriest posted:

So I'm betting, because this game's ui is just awful, that the answer is no, but: Is there some way to make it so I have to press Enter or something to begin typing in the chat window? This is one of those games that recognizes Logitech G keys as normal number keys, so while I'm using my discord push-to-talk button I'm just filling a text field with 6's. Honestly, the more annoying part is that pressing X on my controller sends the 6's before it'll let me jump again.

Go into the menu and turn off "direct chat" under the chat subheader.
Took me forever to find this because I expected it to be in the controls menu

Bloodplay it again posted:

Press scroll lock to enable/disable direct chat. It should have been disabled by default though. Might have accidentally enabled it too because it saves the setting when you toggle.

For me it gave a popup asking if I wanted it enabled or not when I first created my character, but it probably only does that if you have a controller plugged in.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 1, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tarezax posted:

Outside of a few specific fights monhun absolutely allows you to solo everything

It's much easier in multiplayer though, since 4 players means the monster's only targeting you 1/4th as often.

Actually the difference in World is less severe than it was in previous games... it used to be that monster hp wouldn't scale down for smaller parties, and the highest rank of quests were all multiplayer-scaled, so trying to solo them meant you had to push through way more monster HP as well. In MHW they automatically scale the monster's hp down based on whether it's a 1, 2, or 4-player hunt.

Tardcore posted:

Windows wiped all the files for the game on startup, ayyy lmao. I have no idea how you gently caress up a game this bad.

Edit: its a real loving shame too because I was really enjoying it when I could actually play it

Apparently the MS store is really terrible about this. If something goes wrong with an app, the MS store automatically tries to delete everything and restore from a backup. But the store thinks "the app" here is just the pso2 launcher, so it deletes all the game data but then only restores the launcher and tells you to get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
And maintenance has officially started. NGS should be up in 33 hours, at 1 am PDT / 8 am UTC