Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

So I was just thinking about getting into this, but since it's now officially going to have an English release, I'm not sure if I should go through all the downloading and patching or if I should just wait. Does anyone think it'd be worth investing into now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Planning on jumping into this since only playing the JP version for a few hours, I'm pretty excited! Referral code is 10515364 for anyone interested.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

So I played for awhile and it's just as fun as I remember, though you really end up with a load of junk in your inventory fast. Thankfully the storage system is good, but I have to ask, is there a better use for trash equipment than just selling it?

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

For everyone looking for build info, I've been using https://arks-layer.com/jpclassbuilds . I'm playing Bouncer/Hunter and it's been really good so far, especially with the Hunter skill Auto-mate which lets you automatically use a -mate item once your HP is less than 50%.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

I'm using 3 button mode on controller, and it is sooo much better than when I was using 2 button mode. On an Xbox controller, I have X as basic attack, Y is my main movement PA, R bumper is weapon action, and I hold down left trigger to get 3 more PAs on X, Y, and R bumper. I had to get used to clicking the right stick to activate stuff from my sub-bar, but it's really not bad at all as a bouncer.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

To elaborate on that more, you can jump after every successful attack on an enemy, whether it's a normal attack or a PA. So effectively you never have to touch the ground, especially against bosses.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Looking cool and/or ridiculous is definitely the most important part of this game. I took some screenshots but I haven't figured out where they're saving on my computer yet, but once I do I'll have to show off my own stuff.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Bruc posted:

I've heard mixed info on this so asking here. What actually causes the element change to drop on a jet boot using bouncer? I've heard it is casting jetsweep kick but also heard its using your weapon action to change abilities is it one of those or both?.

I've been playing bouncer for about 50 hours now, and I can say without a doubt that you drop your element ONLY when you use your weapon ability outside of chaining it with other moves. If you use the kick it drains all your focus/gear which negates your element, but as soon as you build it up a bit it goes right back to the element you were using before the kick.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

jokes posted:

I just did a VHAQ+50 and we had three PSEs that went well beyond 4 minutes and needless to say I got a shitload of boosters and like 6 levels. What should I do with these boosters? I have all the skins.

Trade the boosters for the LV 10 or 11 (I forget what they actually are) weapons and then take those to the swap shot for EX Cubes. Then trade those in for FUN tickets. I ended up with 27000 FUN earlier today and I have 2 more 3-Day shop passes on top of the one I'm currently using. I'm sitting at 9 million bucks even after blowing a bunch on fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Eventually when you get a good 13 or more weapon you want to upgrade, you'll want to upgrade those 12 stars to +30 to feed into it since it's so much more expensive to upgrade a 13 than a 12. I think it only takes 4 or 5 +30 12 star weapons to max a 13. The main thing being that 12 used normal grinders, and 13 uses the Lamda ones.