Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ah, don't worry, you can pay money to buy new skill trees for classes too!

Though honestly, I haven't seen that many main class only skills, so I think you can get by with one skill tree for class. You might be mildly less efficient, but not by too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Annath posted:

I fed my MAG a bunch of S-Atk items (it's like S-Atk level 30) before I found out that as a Braver Dex was more appropriate.

Is it worth it to try and reset the MAG if I'm using Katanas? Or should I just keep on adding Dex now? It's like 85 Dex/30 S-Atk.

Also at character level 39 should I just be selling all of the gear I can't use? I've got a decent number of items in storage that I hadn't sold because the game prompted me to reconsider when trying to sell them, but if they're "rare but low level" is there a better use for them?

From what I've seen, going for S-Atk on Braver is lower damage but mostly fine, and in fact might be preferable if you ever want to use another melee class without shelling out money for another MAG.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Bouncer gets access to all the techs. The boots are a combination physical/magical weapon I guess? Dont ask me how that works.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So, quick question. Every Bouncer Jet Boots guide I've seen says to use switch strike so that your attacks scale off of S-Atk instead of T-Atk. Is there a reason for this? It seems like you'd be able to do just as much by not taking that skill and just focusing entirely on T-Atk.

I'm assuming the answer probably has to do with the skills you gain from subclasses, but still. I'm curious.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

MelvinBison posted:

What's the best Braver build at the moment? I just got this game working two days ago and I've heard respecing is a pain.

The nice thing about Braver is that you can definitely hybrid both weapons fairly effectively once we get to around level cap 90. You won't be able to get both Striking Up and Shooting Up to level 10, but you'll be maxxed out in one weapon and pretty competent in the other. Not sure where NA is at the moment though, so I'd probably recommend picking one of the weapons and sticking with it.

The guide I'm looking at (here) has some sample builds with skill trees for Katana. From what I've seen, the only real "trap" skills are Dexterity Up and the various Critical skills. DEX is only worth it on the MAG thanks to that one Braver passive. For criticals, I think it's more a sense of you can max out critical fairly easily, so you don't want to spend skill points if it would take you past 100% critical. Other than that, all the skills seem pretty worthwhile, and I guess for Katana you can max out all the skills by like level 72ish (here). Bow has even less, if you're going pure bow you'll get all the relevant skills by the mid 40s.

For the MAG, a DEX MAG is legitimately the best because it raises both S-Atk and R-Atk thanks to a Braver passive. If you're not willing to shell out money for MAGs and are planning on playing any other class (aside from bouncer), you might just want a straight S-Atk or R-Atk MAG though.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 4, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's not bad at all, but there are definitely a lot of people playing a F2P game because it doesn't cost anything. I feel like it's worth taking into consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Nemo2342 posted:

My new favorite Wired Lance skill is the one that makes you just swing back and forth in the air like you're on a tree swing. I am not really sure what I'm supposed to use it for, but drat if it doesn't make me smile when I swing feet-first into a bunch of trash.

That one's fun, but I'm a really big fan of the one where you wrap a dude up in your lance and spin him like a beyblade.