Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Not seeing it in the store yet, and my friend can't get the store to work.

E: Showing and downloading now.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

kirbysuperstar posted:

I could only get it to start from going to the MS Store website and hitting Get/Install from there.

After he sent me the the URL via Discord, likely the same one you used barring regional differences, I gave one last search in the Windows app and it worked.

Still doesn't show up in the Xbox beta app though, if it ever is intended to.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not a Game Pass game so probably not

Shame, the other games (which are also part of Game pass as you noted) show up in both. Just handy to have them launch from one place.

Ran the game after the installer finished and, somehow as expected, it's giving me a 32min estimate on patching it up.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Hit the mid-20s on my HuCast. Friends went back to Guild Wars 2 because this game is mostly sending items back to storage and navigating the trash UI.
This isn't a joke.

I dunno about myself, but it's mostly what I expected and remember from doing the same dungeons over and over in the original PSO/BB.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Now I'm curious how many players have been bounced away and never to return from this game by day 3 (+8 years). Between the archaic quasi-MMO design and the launcher's attempts to beat up people's computers this probably couldn't have gone worse.

Both renaming the launcher exe and using the tweaker make the game run how I thought it would run for a game this old too.

Anyway, Mag is L33 and I need to bind its superpower to something. Will casually play a little here and there, but most of my friends who wanted to play all left (yes, never to return) yesterday.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The menus say 1.5x text are for 1080p, and that's what I've been using since I found it. Works fine for my old-man eyes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well the game now shows up in the Xbox app. Didn't expect it to, but now it does with a wopping 1.8/5 score from 895 reviews.
As you all expect, the way this game either refuses to work or uninstalls itself after working fine has tipped the scales to massively negative feedback.

Ship 3 is starting to feel fairly empty, but I'm also playing on off hours usually.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

explosivo posted:

God damnit I started having problems with my game this afternoon when I went to play. Game wouldn't launch, mysterious windows store process would start running which ate up a ton of CPU. I tried uninstalling but it wouldn't install, scanned my C: drive and found ~80gb of temp files hanging out that I can't get rid of completely. I uninstalled it as far as windows is concerned and tried installing through the tweaker separate from the app store and it still launches the normal launcher which tries downloading all the files all over again. I really want to play this game but gently caress I've spent ~3 hours between downloading files and trying to get rid of extra files to no avail.

Are you also still trying to figure out how to delete the temp install files in X:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC ?

Mine's 144GB (68GB Halo:MCC*, 38GB I think to Metro: Exodus, some others) and I don't have access to delete. Plus multiple random forum comments made it sound like forcing access privilege to my account will gently caress something else up in a short amount of time.

E: Well that's interesting. You can easily delete the files that are left behind from uninstalled games. The 68GB is all of the H:MCC data and the 38GB was actually Outer Worlds (and deleted without complaint). However there's an 11GB file that's PSO2, a 10GB PSO2 folder, and the 68GB PSO2bin folder elsewhere.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 5, 2020

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Didn't read the instructions and uninstalled before enabling account linking. WinStore left the 80GB blob file behind, but it was an empty shell of lies, so this is a 140GB day for me on top of normal use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Reinstalled via WinStore, then tried copying the pso_bin directory over to the in-progress Steam downloading/<gameID> folder, but Steam doesn't seem to able to validate mid-download anymore. In fact it wasted 90+ minutes because there's 98,000+ files in the single directory and it's a logistical nightmare to highlight just 10 or 20 thousand files, copy, paste, and wait for Windows to hate you.

Anyway, 120GB-140GB later the accounts were linked.