Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSO2 western version will probably shut down in a year or two if we are being completely honest with ourselves. The game is pretty dated now, and I just don't think too many people in the west are going to be able to grasp or accept the way PSO2 handles content and gameplay mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stupid question especially since I can’t find it on the xbox website, but no way to pre-load open beta for Tuesday?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

The update to the client for the open beta will drop on the 16th at 10AM PT according to the official twitter.

Dont have the closed beta client :( I saw the website mention the download is 75GB.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

Ah, yeah, looking it up it seems like the client will be up for download at the same time the update goes out. So you'll have a day and a half to get that 75gb, unless this thing I'm reading is wrong

I hope that's the case, a day in a half is reasonable for me. I'm worried they will make us download the full thing once the open beta goes live. Wish Sega would clarify if this is the official release or not and there will be no more down time. Typically with open betas for online games these days that is how it works, but Sega tends to be old school with this stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

Open beta update is live. 1.76GB download if you already had the closed beta installed. 68.76GB download if you did not download the closed beta.

Thank you, good sir! I was just coming here to see if there was any updates on downloading the open beta.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The server doesn't appear to be up yet. Tried getting into ship 2 and wasn't able to connect.

[edit]
never mind, it is still tomorrow
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1239597826818138115

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Annath posted:

Where are we supposed to be able to buy the Sonic/Ragol bundles?

Xbox store later today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

5 1/2 hours to go :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol no thank you. Completely out of place for a game like this. Just offer a normal cosmetic only cash shop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

orange juche posted:

PSO2 NA is releasing on PC in May, not sure when, but they seem to think that the game will be ready for release then. There's a lot of TL work that still needs to be done, hope they can fit it all in within a month.

I am hoping this happens soon. It feels like the Xbox crowd dropped off very quickly and there arent that many people left playing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was wondering if someone could please point me towards a good leveling guide for the American version? I am level 18 and feeling like I am doing something wrong, with leveling taking a long time. It feels like I need to grind the same areas over and over again and that doesnt seem correct. Am I doing something wrong?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh thank gently caress, finally.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ulio posted:

Really hyped for this. Was wondering if you need Xbox Gold if you are downloading the pc version?

Nope! Just a Microsoft account. It's cross platform with Xbox One players too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wasn't this already done on the Japan server? My hope has been that a lot of the promotional stuff over the years done in Japan, will make its way to the America version too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am prolly gonna jump in on this because i always wanted to check out pso1 and never actually did. can't wait to regret my decision.

I don't think you'll regret it, other than the hundreds of hours you're gonna spend.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Solo'ing isn't an issue for any classes in PSO2, this game is pretty easy. PSO has never really been a challenging game series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Skeletome posted:

Are we gonna stick to a specific ship?

On Xbox we are all on ship 2, since this game is cross platform it would make sense to stick to that ship.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSO2 is downloading for me now. Cya guys in-game tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maybe its just because there are so many people playing right now, but I am on an RTX 2070 and my frame rate sucks. I never had these issues with the Japanese version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mugaaz posted:

What ship/server are we on?

Ship 2!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After a little bit of time on the PC version over Xbox, game is much better on this platform despite the optimization issues. For one, I can actually see and make out the UI. Glad I go back and forth between the two platforms though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully the lobby issues will calm down as the initial rush of players stop playing and the population stabilizes. F2P games are never as popular as their first day of a launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lemon King posted:

I've updated my Modified Reshade for PSO2 to support the NA release!
https://github.com/Lemon-King/reshade-pso2-enforced-mipmaps

You look like a character from an early 2000s CGI kids movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hit level 75 last night, and those 1 million exp tickets you get each day, are really not that helpful anymore. :stare: I guess every little bit helps, but it's not much of a dent in how much exp you need.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new yet about the upcoming next-gen update and all that it adds and graphical differences? Other than that CGI trailer back in June, where clearly nothing about it was actually in-game, I haven't seen anything else about it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

7c Nickel posted:

They did a two hour long "prologue" when someone casually mentions they were born in 2001 and makes you feel old. So old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsd9cTipJw

Jesus, I have been playing PSO since it was released on original Xbox. :( I even still have my physical copy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy with my player shop searching this morning. :3: It's not too hard to find good deals on making your character look cool. The cash shop is ultra expensive, but the player shops have some cool stuff that is not at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know Japan is ahead in content, but hopefully with the Genesis update that will bring the two regions in-line with one another from here on out.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i haven't played this since july, is it worth jumping back in now or should i just try and hold out for NGS?

No need to hold out, game is in a really good place right now with lots of people playing on Ship 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After some Googling, I have a better idea now of what to expect https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement/

I wasn't aware that this is basically a whole new game where most of what you do in original PSO2 is not carrying over. Most importantly your levels and items are not carrying over, you're starting over from scratch. However, both original PSO2 and New Genesis will exist side by side, you're not losing anything either. But I imagine everyone will abandon original PSO2. The nice thing though is that original PSO2 is getting the New Genesis graphics update, and that is coming next month. The new actual New Genesis game and content is not until later this year.

Sega so far has shown almost nothing about the content in New Genesis, we've seen just one area so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So apparently the emails for the New Genesis closed beta are going out. Anybody here get in?

Is this for just Japan, or is NA in the beta too?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

brand engager posted:

Glad they have that over enthusiastic guy for the dub again lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEiNezv71c&t=330s

Is there a tl;dr of all of the important stuff from this?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a web calendar or website that lists what all of the daily recommended missions are? I pretty much only play nowadays when the 8 player castle boss is up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No, by recommends they mean recommends.

And if you just want Rec4, there's always this page:

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Recommended_Quests

If you want the whole breakdown you can join the discord and look at the bot channel, when things switch over it lists all the daily recs and COs and whatnot, along with 30 minute advance pings on scheduled UQs.

Here we go, this is what I was looking for, and today is Menace of the Bewitched Castle, so it looks like i'm playing PSO2 tonight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On the Japanese client, how do you like the graphics overhaul?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

7c Nickel posted:

NGS in June.

Character creator/engine benchmark in May.

I want to get to level 95 before NGS. I am pretty sure I can do this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone ever see the Sega Saturn mag on the auction house? I really want to get that mag, but it might not be tradable?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

They are called "Evo. Device: Sega Saturn (NA)" on the shop. Not sure which ship you're on, but there's one up on the Ship 2 market right now for a little over 22 million meseta and they jump up to 40M+ from there. You can also get them by buying the Ragol Fashion Pack and exchanging one black ARKS badge for it, but considering it is tradable, you're better off getting it with meseta if you can.

I'm on Ship 2 yeah. I just have 9 million meseta, so can't quite afford that. :P But determined to work towards getting one. The Saturn holds a special place in my heart as a console.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stanos posted:

You generally want to do the fourth recommended quest for xp at low levels and save keys for the 75-85 hump. Although the game is making GBS threads out keys right now so it wouldn't be that bad.

As said though, save any rainbows for 80+ to maximize your loot from them. Once you hit 85 try to get into a populated block and join either cradle of darkness or drawn to darkness triggers on UH. High density quests, cradle allows for bursting and piles of xp/loot/cubes. I hope in vain it gets nerfed because it's having some pretty unfortunate effects on the economy but I'm pretty sure Sega is just kinda throwing their hands up at this point and tossing the slops before NGS.

I had this same thought about that, it feels like from what Sega has said, that they intend to put PSO2 into maintenance mode, and then eventually just shut it down outright once NGS launches.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

They probably intend to have pso2 stick around for as long as NGS does, given how they've set everything up.

I dunno maybe. To date every single other Phantasy Star Online has been shut down officially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Most of the time poor translation has to do with upper management wanting to cut corners and not really understanding that a good translation requires a lot of time and careful understanding of context. "Just give a literal translation" was probably thrown around a lot, this is a red flag of a terrible translation incoming.