Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Even though I am level 95 now, I have never actually touched the storyline. :P I am doing that this morning though, but I am understanding why I never bothered with it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So how far away is New Genesis from officially going live? It seems pretty barebones because all we've seen is one environment. How many open area environments are planned?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lemon King posted:

Rumored / Leaked by SEGA date is June 9th.

I am not ready yet for a new Phantasy Star Online game. I actually would rather we just got PSO2 with a graphics overhaul and new content. Which I guess is actually also happening?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol have you seen how the 'graphics upgrade' went for JP?

I havent! I dont keep up with the Japan version anymore. But I am taking it that it was really bad?

Evil Fluffy posted:

While PSO2 is fun it's also very much a game with Dreamcast era design and structure and boy does it show its age in that regard. Even friends I played PSO with (usually splitscreen on Gamecube) have a hard time getting in to PSO2 because the game just feels ancient.

I understand, I actually really like the older design, but get that doesnt really appeal to a larger audience at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The anime faces got more creepy. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSO2 gets the New Genesis updated graphics, but will still stick around and you can still access your original characters, PSO2 content, their levels, and gear. But New Genesis is basically a whole new do over and you start at level 1, some basic stuff / cosmetics transfer over. Is this correct?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

7c Nickel posted:

Mostly yes, but also your original characters are also your NGS characters, and you can take a teleporter back and forth between games/time. Also you can port over gear but it's not endgame stuff and they have level requirements so it's a pretty minor boost.

Do you think it will just be better to start completely over and make a whole new character in NG and start at level 1? I have a level cap character in PSO2 for what that's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got it, thank you! I was just confused by some stuff but you all helped me understand.