Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Is Ur being full a problem if I wanna play with goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'm charmed so far but oh my god this dub

There's no option for the original audio, right?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Saagonsa posted:

There is, actually! In the login menu (after you agree to the user agreement, before you get to the list of ships) there's a language settings option where you can turn voices back to Japanese.

Personally I actually really like the dub though, outside of the older male characters they very clearly casted a younger guy to play.

Oh cool. The actors aren't bad, I just wish they'd bother to make the lip flap a little less silly. I get that they can't redo 8 years of animations, so it is what it is I guess.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
This game is good as hell but the inventory management is killing me.

What should I keep? What should I have on my person? Why are there a billion different currencies taking up room in my inventory?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
so is there an NA server goon alliance yet? is there any point to it?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
PSO Tweaker just updated with a way to install from outside the windows store, which keeps it from nuking itself!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i love that they used "dark falz" a name that literally only exists because the sega master system didn't have enough juice to spell out "force"

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Zero VGS posted:

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Falz

"also known as Dark Phallus in some Japanese manuals"

the heroic story of anime space warriors in their struggle against bbc

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Welp had to uninstall it, it apparently split itself into two on patching and hosed both :cool:

sup downloaded another 70gb buddy

i've been waiting for psotweaker to finish chowning the game folders for like 30 minutes.

on an ssd.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Windows store really is that awful. The only reason it's getting attention now is because there are a bunch of nerds actually trying to use it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I highly suggest skipping the in-game story scenes entirely and just watching the anime: https://www.funimation.com/shows/phantasy-star-online-2-episode-oracle/

it's a decent anime in its own right and an overwhelmingly better way to experience the story.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'm not going back to that one for a measly 20sg or whatever you get. It was fine on casual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

sevenflow posted:

Is there anything important or interesting you miss by just skipping the story and watching the Episode Oracle anime instead?

Not until Ep3. The anime doesn't include harukotan or magatsu (because it's totally irrelevant to the plot and exists only as a framing device for a boss fight) but other than that it's pretty much exactly the same story. I suggest watching the anime first and then skipping every cutscene in the game unless it doesn't look familiar to the story you already saw.