Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Okay, I was trying to make some sigs in Photoshop but I really couldn't make it well, from a Photoshop experienced point of view, is switching to blender a big project? Is it worth it for the average Photoshop thread guy that knows how to do some basic Photoshop work and would never even dream about actually good stuff? It looks like a very powerful program with many layers and you already mentioned that the first reaction when seeing the UI is probably being overwhelmed. Not that this would be any different with Photoshop or even gimp if we are being honest, but I really am bad in trying out deep new things and am scared for my life right now after looking at blender. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Oh yeah I didn't mean worth in general, but options to be gained for regular Joe Goon in contrast to Photoshop.

For example, I made practically all my avs in Photoshop, but that's super easy stuff to do. In the current case I just took the original scene from the show, cut it into a minute, converted it to a gif and then removed all the frames I didn't want. Plus some frames being copied in the opposite order and boom, bebo eats grass and looks cute.

It required the full scene being available, I basically was only capable of cutting it a bit and changing the format, that's about it. Not that Photoshop would be super amazing with getting into animations like that anyways. With a low level skill set like this, I'd imagine blender to be a better option so I don't have to rely on source material being coincidentally like I want it.
For example, I thought about changing my av but I wanted to keep the guy, but there's only one scene available with him, 80% of which he's not cute and nice but dead. Yet, vanisher made my last sig with him being in the matrix, is that something blender could help me do myself, too, or are animations like that beyond what Photoshop thread level skill can accomplish in a few hours of clicking?

Alternatively, I might just download it, try some tutorial and see where I land, because you kinda had me already at thrad.

Goons Are Gifts

That's fine, given that it's just a basic idea and not a specific project I have in mind yet. Being able to for example place it inside a movie so it looks reasonably good is one of the example things I'd be interested in, so that's already a done deal for me. Additionally that it would simply be nice to have an alternative to Photoshop for specific purposes, animation of any low level and easy skill kind being included. The time and layer based setup Photoshop has for simple gifs is not really the sweetest cherry in the pot, although it does get some things done.

Time to watch some videos and see how terrible my first attempts will become!!
Note that I read it as bladder first and my mind can't stop pronouncing it this way, so part of me is now invested in a bladder thread.

Goons Are Gifts

Holy crap that's a long face

Goons Are Gifts

I want to reply to that image by using that image lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

So I heard words about the blender babes tag,