Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

2014 F150 5.0L I've been smelling the PAG oil from the compressor inside the cab every time the truck starts up and the AC comes on for about 5 days now. This morning it's usual meat locker coldness was not present. I'm guessing I have a leak at the evaporator. I suppose I'll have to roll by the stealership since that's a dash-out fix to replace the evaporator core on these and I'm not loving with something that intense on a daily. I would throw gauges up on the thing but I feel like it'll just tell me what I already know. I guess I could put some UV dye in it so the techs can pinpoint the leak.

This is gonna suck, since it's 90°+ and humid as hell in Houston these days. At least the miata AC still works (barely). It also stinks like PAG oil :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seeing as I'm doing a complete refresh of all the main AC parts of my 95 miata, it only figures that I snap a bolt off in the compressor. I tried drilling it out, but it's so far off center that if I take the hole any bigger, I'll just wash the threads out. My core is worthless because of that off-center hole unless I can sneak that thing onto the hole-popper at work (EDM) but I have no idea how deep to drill it. Also I'm sure I've contaminated it by now. So, what's the story on the remanufactured compressors on Rockauto? Should I just bite the bullet and get a new one? It's a nippondenso Tv12

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Motronic posted:

I've used a bunch of them and the quality has been fine.

Also, what IoC said about cores. They're gonna take it.

Makes me feel bad for the next guy, having been the next guy victimized by a rattlecan rebuild courtesy of A1 cardon't. But I guess I can see.