Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I got a 1997 Ford F250 HD and it's 80 degrees outside right now. In order to get the AC system to stop cycling, the pressure had to get the low side down to 25 psi and the high side up to 225 psi. How can I get a high side too high and a low side too low?

edit: and now that I shut it off and the pressure equalized, the temp gauges are showing 6 degrees C below what it should be.

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
My truck reeks of BO lately. Well, moreso than usual. Is that a refrigerant leak into the cabin?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Never mind. My wife decided to leave a gallon of milk in my truck, then bury it in her crap. Yes it leaked.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Krakkles posted:

Am I correct in thinking that absolutely no cooling is probably low refrigerant (and a leak)?

I had to pick my daughter up in my Mustang today, and having no AC is not desirable.

Probably? Yes. Of course, it could be something worse, like a complete blockage.