Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T with rear AC option. There are two evaporators, the rear evaporator is above the driver's side rear wheel well along with the control module. It has a high pressure and low pressure line going to the AC hardware in the engine bay. Can the rear AC be removed without losing the refrigerant? Perhaps I could remove most of the equipment but leave the lines connected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I'm not really sure how it shuts off, but there is an on/off button in the console (defaults off) and completely separate fan control. I'll see if it's getting cold. I feel like probably not or I would have accidentally noticed that the cargo wall was getting frosty since it sits right next to the interior trim.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

MEK is real bad stuff? Interesting. When I was working in Turkey they were basically mopping everything with it with no PPE. They also used straw instead of teflon tape, so :shrug:. The boss on my crew was an old dude who seemed to think MEK was safe and fine to apply with bare hands lol.