Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It said I failed to track you which I find interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hal Incandenza posted:

Things that bother me about claims:

N1 Circl says he stole a gun from Gulag. Gulag also claims to have been stolen from. HOWEVER. Sal also claims to have gotten a gun from Gulag N1. I am not the (a) mod, but that doesn't seem to add up to me. Can't see how Gulag could have his invented gun stolen and also given to Sal on the same night.

This is weird to me as well. Gulag could apparently only give guns to non-Mafia, so would Gulag even have a gun on themselves for Circl to steal?

And then after Gulag's death, when it's revealed that they could only given guns to non-Mafia, Circl (who claims to be Town Thief) steals the gun Sal claimed to simply have been given.

Due to the whole mason radio thing, I believe that Circl did steal from Sal, but Gulag's ability to only gift to non-Mafia and Sal's ability to track Hum when they visited Gulag makes me think Circl might be a scum thief.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

It said I failed to track you which I find interesting

That’s ambiguous sorta but I think you’d be told “Hal went nowhere” if you actually were tracking me

I don’t think anyone has claimed to have been blocked outside of imgay jails. He could have jailed you last night though

I got no message when imgay jailed me but I also had no action, Somber what did your message say the night you were jailed and you tried to recruit whoever

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose I could also have been jailed and you may have gotten that result.

All we know for sure is the only person who DIDN'T do the scum kill last night was Circl who killed a different town.

Myself, Mona and Alekhs claim to do nothing, Somber and Sal claim unverifiable non-actions.

We almost certainly have to get scum today or lose.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

All we know for sure is the only person who DIDN'T do the scum kill last night was Circl who killed a different town.

gently caress this is actually a good point.

I think I'm gonna try and do some ~voting analysis~ of Alehks today to see what comes up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CirclMastr posted:

I'm already out there as town thief. Didn't get a N0 action, or at least didn't know I had the opportunity. N1 I stole a gun from Gulag, N2 I stole a gun and mason radio from Sal, N3 I shot AA with a gun so I couldn't steal.

So you have (had) 2 guns?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s ambiguous sorta but I think you’d be told “Hal went nowhere” if you actually were tracking me

I don’t think anyone has claimed to have been blocked outside of imgay jails. He could have jailed you last night though

I got no message when imgay jailed me but I also had no action, Somber what did your message say the night you were jailed and you tried to recruit whoever

You fail to yadda yadda.

I'm probably gonna vote Ale unless anyone has a great reason not to.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Well, you'll be killing a Town Vanilla. Problem with it is I have no ability to show that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Alehkhs posted:

Well, you'll be killing a Town Vanilla. Problem with it is I have no ability to show that.

Who is scum and why?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Two things that stick out:

Hal Incandenza posted:

N1 Circl says he stole a gun from Gulag. Gulag also claims to have been stolen from. HOWEVER. Sal also claims to have gotten a gun from Gulag N1. I am not the (a) mod, but that doesn't seem to add up to me. Can't see how Gulag could have his invented gun stolen and also given to Sal on the same night.

Still not sure why Circl would steal the gun from Sal given that we had just found out that the gun could only have been given to them if they were non-mafia. And then they shot a town. But that's the game.

However:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also regarding signal flares:

This implies that one use was probably the one given to me N0 (used to declare Hal Incandenza town superstar) and the other was used by Fisk himself (to declare Gulag to be telling the truth...). HMMMMMMM

Why the hell would Fisk make that claim about Gulag?

And I'll stick by that:
##vote Monathin

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

So you have (had) 2 guns?

Yes. I have no idea how or why Gulag had a gun, but it was basically blind luck that I targeted someone with anything.

I have one gun left and the mason radio.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay well, I think Alehkhs raises a pretty good point. I still feel nervous about their 11th hour effort, but that is exactly what I asked them to do. Thoughts ya'll? This is endgame, we need to talk this through. I will probably vote either Mona or Ale here, but let's talk about it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Okay well, I think Alehkhs raises a pretty good point. I still feel nervous about their 11th hour effort, but that is exactly what I asked them to do. Thoughts ya'll? This is endgame, we need to talk this through. I will probably vote either Mona or Ale here, but let's talk about it.

I just can’t see how Gulag gave a gun to Sal and got a gun stolen the same night. It’s not like Circl could steal his “power” because he didn’t steal Sal’s track he stole his items. Seems like Gulag made up the steal thing because he knew it was a power his scumbro had. And yes stealing a gun from someone who couldn’t be scum seems shady as well.

What other explanation could there even be for N1?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That plus Fisk using his power to try and clear Gulag makes me think it’s really circl and Mona but is it too obvious?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I just can’t see how Gulag gave a gun to Sal and got a gun stolen the same night. It’s not like Circl could steal his “power” because he didn’t steal Sal’s track he stole his items. Seems like Gulag made up the steal thing because he knew it was a power his scumbro had. And yes stealing a gun from someone who couldn’t be scum seems shady as well.

What other explanation could there even be for N1?

This has been something that has been bothering me as well. It seems so obvious though and maybe I'm just over thinking it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Circl but may change that later. It just doesn't make sense to me but I know Hal is really good as scum at pointing out inconsistencies like that to confuse townies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gungiver/Thief seems like a cool scum team combo, but also isn't it kind of OP? unless the thief wasn't able to talk to the scum team, which is possible.

Circl did reveal to me that he has an alternate win con that he's not trying for, which would be a curious play as scum.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The only explanation I can think of is that Gulag started with their own gun in addition to being able to give them out, much as Mona started with their own flare in addition to being able to give them out.

Hell, I'll come out and tell the thread, my solo wincon is to have 3 different items. And now that Mona has claimed, I know that if we both survive, I can steal from Mona and get my solo wincon. But getting that also removes me from the game, which will pretty much lose the game for town even if we lynch scum.

So to drive home the fact that I'm giving up my solo wincon, ##vote Monathin

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don’t know that having an alternate win con makes me feel any better...

But now I’m questioning everything...

Cursed indecision

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Mona, any thoughts?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
If Circl is Scum Thief, then would they be able to participate in the regular Scum kill and also shoot someone with the remaining gun?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alehkhs posted:

If Circl is Scum Thief, then would they be able to participate in the regular Scum kill and also shoot someone with the remaining gun?

No but there more than likely 2 scum left so one does NK, Circl shoots the gun.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ughhh if you could win the game by stealing one more item wouldn't you try to do that instead of wasting a night shooting someone who may well be town or the person who has the last item you need to steal?

Totally torn between Mona and Circl. Hopefully they are both scum and it doesn't matter what I decide

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ughhh if you could win the game by stealing one more item wouldn't you try to do that instead of wasting a night shooting someone who may well be town or the person who has the last item you need to steal?

Totally torn between Mona and Circl. Hopefully they are both scum and it doesn't matter what I decide

Yeah, if both Circl and Mona are scum, I think Circl might need to go first? Otherwise, like you say, Circl just needs to get their third item.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hi, I'm here, here's some thoughts I have.

Alehks' post isn't anything but bandwagoning onto Hal's reasoning of me, which I find pretty drat scummy this late in the game, I might have replaced in but it's essentially no better than an emptyquote, which is kinda damning given they're, y'know, one of the other people who could be scum.

CirclMastr talking about a separate win condition is kinda dumb but I'm not really sure if it's indication of scum alignment, I don't think scum would say something like that at the literal eleventh hour.

That being said obviously with me on the chopping block (and being town) I'll vote for either in order to make sure either I don't die or we don't NL like we did last night.

But I'm going to ##vote Alehks to go with my gut, because he is basically lightly "casing" me and putting in sdomehow less work than Hal who is clearly actually town and not coasting this game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I probably shouldn't have replaced into this game with my sleep schedule being so turbofucked but whatever

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Mona is scum why not vote circl here, unless they are both scum, and that seems crazy??

Hal help me out here. I'm really torn.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

As I stated before I really can't give you an idea of what Taste was thinking but I can tell you what I know which is that I'm town. And the idea of using Taste's actions to case me is kind sketchy so you should be looking at people who are coasting on that logic. I'm not saying you can't, because if there is two scum like Sal mentioned then we're absolutely in lylo, but what I am saying is if the case is easy someone's probably loving with you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

If Mona is scum why not vote circl here, unless they are both scum, and that seems crazy??

Hal help me out here. I'm really torn.

Me too! But I do think they could both be scum. Fisk can be inscrutable but why send a “Gulag is telling the truth” message as town when he clearly would have no idea

I feel bad that Mona can’t post but what am I supposed to do about that

However nothing about Alekhs makes me think he’s especially town either so that doesn’t help anything

I’m going to percolate on this for a few minutes maybe I’m missing something

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Monathin (2): Alehkhs, CirclMastr
Alehkhs (1): Monathin
CirclMastr (1): SalTheBard

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2019 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 40 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like I said, I'll vote either and I'll be around for deadline. I think Alehks was coasting but I can switch to CirclMastr if people think the whole separate wincon thing is more damning than I do.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sal did I miss you claiming your target? I don't know how it would help but I don't know how it would hurt either.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Me too! But I do think they could both be scum. Fisk can be inscrutable but why send a “Gulag is telling the truth” message as town when he clearly would have no idea

I feel bad that Mona can’t post but what am I supposed to do about that

However nothing about Alekhs makes me think he’s especially town either so that doesn’t help anything

I’m going to percolate on this for a few minutes maybe I’m missing something

Wait so

Wait

Mona taste never got a gun right? If Fisk got a gun n0 or something from gulag that would explain everything

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean I'd think you'd say that if it happened but who knows

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Sal did I miss you claiming your target? I don't know how it would help but I don't know how it would hurt either.

He said he tried to track me but it failed

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Wait so

Wait

Mona taste never got a gun right? If Fisk got a gun n0 or something from gulag that would explain everything

Would Fisk have gotten a message saying it was from Gulag, though? Or just "you have been given a gun"?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CirclMastr posted:

Would Fisk have gotten a message saying it was from Gulag, though? Or just "you have been given a gun"?

Ah, yeah okay that's nothing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

He said he tried to track me but it failed

So only possible explanation there with the claims we have have is that gay jailed one of you

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If Taste had a gun or not I don't know, I was not told I have a gun, only my flares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Monathin posted:

If Taste had a gun or not I don't know, I was not told I have a gun, only my flares.

A flare...gun?!