Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dogstile posted:

It's more about his mental state

Boozer's mental state? He seems to be in a way healthier place than Deacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Still very early in but man can I not reach fast enough to shut off Copeland's radio broadcasts.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Lone Badger posted:

Boozer's mental state? He seems to be in a way healthier place than Deacon.

That's kind of the point, he was, then his arm got hosed up and he stops wanting to live because he feels like he's lost a part of himself. Whereas Deacon goes on because a part of him refuses to believe that Sarah is dead. As far as mental state's go neither is good, but at least Deacon's keeps him alive.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The pistol you get for killing four hordes is ridiculously good.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm waiting for you PC players to find the Death Stranding content that got patched in, it's something alright.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm waiting for you PC players to find the Death Stranding content that got patched in, it's something alright.

I'm surprised I never saw anyone talking about the Syphon Filter in game stuff. I mean it was even relevant to the history of it all!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Lone Badger posted:

Where can I find the crafting schematic to make Attractors? They're useful.

This game feels a bit like Mad Max imo. Nothing really original about it, but well made and somehow ends up more than the some of its parts.

It's ah extremely well telegraphed that Boozer is going to die. The 'storyline rewards' page even tells you that you get his shotgun at the end of his questline.

Absolutely, but you knew that before almost anything happened, even without clues of any kind. No developer wants to program a complex AI partner with tons of lines of dialogue and all this stuff for an entire game. Same reason I knew Jackie was going to die in Cyberpunk.

With him, they manage to get him laid up right away so he's comfortably out of sight and basically gone except for some walkie talkie lines, which is an extension of that same principle.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Bulletstorm did, but if I recall they were planning on having it co-op at some point as well.

Also bulletstorm and complex don't really go well together :v:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

BitBasher posted:

I'm surprised I never saw anyone talking about the Syphon Filter in game stuff. I mean it was even relevant to the history of it all!

The gun you get after beating the game and the epilogue is fun as hell. Literally the stun gun from Syphon Filter, and yes you do set enemies on fire if you hold it down. I even successfully used it on a Rager!

Also, postgame chat these posts about Boozer obviously dying are cracking me up. It's a solid fake out though, I gotta admit.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

BitBasher posted:

I'm almost convinced I'm the only goon who both knew what that meant and got far enough into the game to find it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Judge Tesla posted:

I upgraded my fuel tank to the Death Stranding one because it looked cool, and it turned out to have like 3-4x the fuel capacity of any other which made my life a lot easier as the map expanded.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I upgraded my fuel tank to the Death Stranding one because it looked cool, and it turned out to have like 3-4x the fuel capacity of any other which made my life a lot easier as the map expanded.

Where do I find that? I'm using a 2 'gallon' tank and nobody's even proposing to sell me a better one.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Gadzuko posted:

Also, postgame chat these posts about Boozer obviously dying are cracking me up. It's a solid fake out though, I gotta admit.

To be fair, they aren't wrong it really was set up to look liker he was going to die, they played that card pretty well.

Wanderer posted:

I'm almost convinced I'm the only other goon who both knew what that meant and got far enough into the game to find it.

Fixed

All in I quite liked the game, but payed almost no attention to it before I bought it and I bought it about 6 or so months after release. I thought it was solid and really didn't get most of the complaints. I got a Platinum in it I believe.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 26, 2021

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Where do I find that? I'm using a 2 'gallon' tank and nobody's even proposing to sell me a better one.

After a certain point in the story you'll go to a new set of maps and temporarily be unable to return. The game warns you with a popup message when this is about to happen. The new maps have new camps with more upgrades available to buy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

BitBasher posted:

All in I quite liked the game, but payed almost no attention to it before I bought it and I bought it about 6 or so months after release. I thought it was solid and really didn't get most of the complaints. I got a Platinum in it I believe.

Yeah I picked it up about 7 or so months after its original PS4 launch, I did 100% it but there's not been a huge call for me to do a replay, the new PC eyes on the game might make me do another run though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BitBasher posted:

To be fair, they aren't wrong it really was set up to look liker he was going to die, they played that card pretty well.

Yeah, felt a bit mean to tell them they were wrong, but great to see everyone just kind of let them find out :v:

dogstile fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 26, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I thought that was the joke lol

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

dogstile posted:

Yeah, felt a bit mean to tell them they were wrong, but great to see everyone just kind of let them find out :v:

Well, really He kind of metaphorically did die. The person he is now is not remotely related to who he was at all it seems. At least IMO.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

BitBasher posted:

Well, really He kind of metaphorically did die. The person he is now is not remotely related to who he was at all it seems. At least IMO.
Talkin bout post game stuff :
I disagree. I think it's really sweet honestly. To me it feels like his sense of community had almost been killed (in the literal sense that almost the entire MC was killed by freakers yknow) and then his last like lifeline of riding was ripped away from him by losing his arm. He goes through an incredibly tough time, absolutely, but he manages to find a new community, a new purpose, in a really beautiful way I think. I don't think he's dramatically changed in terms of what kind of person he is, he just found a new place to call home

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Judge Tesla posted:

Is this a spoiler? It's not big plot stuff but I'm goofin and don't want to ruin the surprise
POP A WHEELIE OVER THE HORDE TO CALM BB

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Prokhor posted:

Talkin bout post game stuff :
I disagree. I think it's really sweet honestly. To me it feels like his sense of community had almost been killed (in the literal sense that almost the entire MC was killed by freakers yknow) and then his last like lifeline of riding was ripped away from him by losing his arm. He goes through an incredibly tough time, absolutely, but he manages to find a new community, a new purpose, in a really beautiful way I think. I don't think he's dramatically changed in terms of what kind of person he is, he just found a new place to call home

You know, I agree with you. Good call.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also if any of you are like me and really hate how piddly the molotovs are, check out the nexus mods site for Days Gone, there's already three pages containing some reshades, general tuning stuff and a guy making mods to weapons to beef them up, whether a little bit just to make some stuff more fun to use while maintaining some balance or making things like the boot knife, molotovs, AK a ton stronger for convenience/fun.

"Increases the burn range of the Napalm Molotov and increases the number of affected entities."

And then I saw this part that specifies: This mod makes the burn range larger and affects up to 160 targets

:eyepop:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daysgone/mods/46

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Is this a spoiler? It's not big plot stuff but I'm goofin and don't want to ruin the surprise
POP A WHEELIE OVER THE HORDE TO CALM BB

Nah, it was announced with huge fanfare when it was patched in a long time ago.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This captain guy's outfit is really doing some heavy work in making me distrust him.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The trenchcoat guy with the red armband?

Yeah I can see why that'd possibly give off bad vibes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Question: has anyone figured out why sometimes hordes aren't spawning where they should? I've found a number of places that look like horde hideouts, and according to maps I found online they indeed should be, but there's no horde in there.

I've tried the suggested workarounds, like fast traveling far away, quick saving, restarting the game and going back again, but the caves remain horde free.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hordes leave their home to go shamble around. If it's night, or raining, or otherwise not full-daylight then they may be outside somewhere.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Lone Badger posted:

Hordes leave their home to go shamble around. If it's night, or raining, or otherwise not full-daylight then they may be outside somewhere.

Huh, I did try during the day as well. Are some of them locked behind story progression or something?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't know for certain, but did you try roaming around the area to see if you could find the horde?
If you hear the spooky music then they're close.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Lone Badger posted:

I don't know for certain, but did you try roaming around the area to see if you could find the horde?
If you hear the spooky music then they're close.

I did, yeah. No horde. For reference it was the horde in the north west of Belknap next to the waterfall, I was trying to grind rep with the Hot Springs camp to get second tier weapons.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

My understanding is that some of the hordes are gated to story progression. You should be getting a mission soonish that has you going to a new area and at that point, all the hordes around Cope's camp and the Hot Springs will be active. (Assuming the fine folks on Reddit aren't just making poo poo up)

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 30, 2021

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Horde spawning is just weirdly unreliable sometimes. In the end game I was going around trying to clean up all the hordes and one just straight up did not spawn for a while. I know for sure that they didn't spawn because in the endgame the hordes are marked on your map, and when you get close you get 3 markers to show where they sleep, eat and drink. Every horde has a schedule for wandering between those 3 points and they were not at or between any of them.

I think it was because there was a blue question mark random event that spawned right in front of their cave and it temporarily overwrote their spawn or something. They did eventually turn up after I just did other things for a while.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I had some bandits wipe out a couple of Horde's I think?? I found NPCs shooting a lot of zombies near horde spawns and I could never find those hordes no matter how many times I looked.
All I know is that my completion percentage jumped up after I destroyed a different nearby Horde but I never got a Horde Destroyed popup for those 2.

Also had a Horde spawn between me and the entrance once while I was inside their spawn cave which was an exciting time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sure everyone hears the Benny Hill music when they accidently stumble into a horde location and hundreds of zombies come running all at once.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I was still kinda disappointed by one horde.

The mines where you rescue the soldier from the anarchists isn't a true horde, so even though I killed them all it didn't count. It was fun running past the soldiers down there though and watching the horde wash over them like an ocean wave.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 30, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm sure everyone hears the Benny Hill music when they accidently stumble into a horde location and hundreds of zombies come running all at once.

That happened to me again. I was exploring and found the caves in the NW of Cascadia. I explored them and figured that this is definitely a horde hideout, but no horde. So I went and collected the NERO loot, then left disappointed I didn't have a horde to fight.

Two steps out of the cave: oh look, a zombie. No, two. No, five. No, nine. Oh no.

I did kill them, but it required a lot of sprinting with stamina boosters and throwing all of my grenades and molotovs (and crafting more on the run). Fun!

All told I have to say that now that the PS5 is running the game very well, it's actually quite fun. The stealth sections are atrociously bad (just did the "sneak into the camp and steal some antibiotics" mission which was the worst thing I've seen in a videogame for a while) and the game's overall janky as hell, but I am enjoying my time!

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

dogstile posted:

The mines where you rescue the soldier from the anarchists isn't a true horde, so even though I killed them all it didn't count. It was fun running past the soldiers down there though and watching the horde wash over them like an ocean wave.

This one scared the poo poo out of me

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

PlushCow posted:

This one scared the poo poo out of me

Yeah i'd put my controller down to grab a cup of tea and when i looked back at the screen I was like... "huh, ok".

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

dogstile posted:

I'm not sure if my game bugged out on this one or what, but once I got to the guy to rescue him, there was no dialogue, he just stood up in total silence and then booked it away while the horde came flooding in. It was a really comically bizarre moment.

And re: randos killing hordes, yes I think that does happen but they probably left a few behind that you can finish off to get the actual popup. There were two or three hordes that I fought that were missing 50% or more of the intended numbers. One of them I only had to kill 5 or 6 zombies and that was that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In the late game you get horde info on your map. Each horde has three locations associated with it - one place where they hide during the day, and two areas where they roam around.
Following these, I have never failed to find a horde.

The shotgun you get at 10 hordes is incredible. Useless against humans due to range (like all DG shotguns), but if you've got a bunch of deadites in your face the autoshotgun will evaporate them. Massive ammo load as well.