Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Marine gas here turns out to be ethanol free. Bit more expensive than pump gas but cheaper than Trufuel in the mower every week.

Same here, I live near a lake so there's a place a few miles away that sells ethanol free, but it's 91 or 93 octane, so I'm always curious if it's better to use that, or regular ethanol 87 with sta-bil added.

Related to the thread, in the past month or so I've fixed 5 small engines.

Two lawn mowers. One was free on the side of the road and needed a idle/governor spring and a carb clean. The other was my existing one and needed a new carb (tried to clean, but a couple gaskets got torn and a new one seemed easiest.)

One moped, the throttle and/or choke slide wasn't working right.

A trimmer. Side of road free pile from last summer, actually, needed a new gas line to/from primer bulb and a carb cleaning. Idle and throttle need adjustment, thankfully the screws on the carb only need a slotted driver, not that weird trimmer carb screwdriver.

And a free CL pressure washer, carb leaked gas, reassembled the float bowl and needle and it stopped.

I also picked up another free trimmer the other day, it starts but only stays on with half choke and thee throttle trigger held down. Haven't looked at it yet, but probably just needs adjustment of the idle screws, but I don't have that special screwdriver, maybe I'll try to adjust with pliers or get the screwdriver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU