Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Elviscat posted:

I would like a link to a $1500 brand new lawn tractor.

okay

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Troy-Bi...-CARB/307894303

it's not even the cheapest one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You probably won't need a kit, a thorough cleaning should do (unless the innards are clear full of gooey varnish or powdery corrosion).

Or just buy a new carb off Amazon/ebay for like $15

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Seat the screws gently, then back them out a turn and a half each. Set the high speed first, slightly richer (out further) than perfectly smooth, because the fuel mixture leans out under load. Set the low speed so that it revs up smoothly; bogs and dies = too lean, bogs then revs = too rich.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Late to the party, but good job!

slidebite posted:

I think I bought it when Mrs and I bought our first house ~1999

You're probably right; on a B&S*, the first 2 digits of the Code are the last 2 digits of the year of production ("99").

*since 1965

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 22, 2023