Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh nice, I'm working on a pressure washer right now, little B&S 500 series, won't get going no matter how hard or long you yank it. Compression feels strong and there's fuel smell coming from the muffler when I turn it manually. No spark even from the uncovered wire in the spark boot, so I'm getting a replacement coil. The installation procedure seems pretty straightforward, just use the included card to set the armature gap right? I've never really worked on anything that wasn't an electronically controlled car engine so this is an interesting project for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I was about to be mad, but I just checked and nah. Cutoff is integrated into the throttle lever; in the "stop" position there's good continuity from the ground lead to the block, in all other positions it's open circuit.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

pressure washer update, got the new coil installed and now the lead makes a nice healthy spark on the block.... but it still won't start when hooked up. gonna run up to the store for a spark plug, hopefully that sorts it. it looked fine when i pulled it out but :shrug:

We've definitely confirmed fuel mist out the muffler when cranking over, so the carb seems to be doing its job. Might be old gas but it didn't even cough on charcoal lighter fluid. I'll pick up some fresh gas while I'm out just to check.

e: hell yes, swapped the plug, primed it with existing gas and it fired up midway through the first pull. And sprayed oil everywhere cause i foolishly left the dipstick out assuming it would at least cough a bit first

[Clarkson] I'VE MENDED SOMETHING! [/Clarkson]

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 15, 2019