Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

glyph posted:

I just picked up a new [to me] three blade husky (yt42xls, welded deck) riding mower. I've fixed the steering (new bushings and some dentistry on the missing gear teeth), but holy motherfucker does the deck drone- even through my ear defenders- compared to my POS, stamped, dual blade poulan pro something something.

Hwres the actual question: Is there a way to clock the blades (they all spin the same direction) to minimize the drone? I slapped them on however the splints worked out after sharpening. Or is this kind of drone just a welded deck thing?

Three blade decks mean shorter blades (until you get to real big decks :heysexy:) which means more blade RPM for a given tip speed which means more noise.

46" and 48" three blade decks are usually pretty loud and I didn't even know 42" triples were a thing until now.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU