Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

I just picked up a new [to me] three blade husky (yt42xls, welded deck) riding mower. I've fixed the steering (new bushings and some dentistry on the missing gear teeth), but holy motherfucker does the deck drone- even through my ear defenders- compared to my POS, stamped, dual blade poulan pro something something.

Here's the actual question: Is there a way to clock the blades (they all spin the same direction) to minimize the drone? I slapped them on however the splines worked out after sharpening. Or is this kind of drone just a welded deck thing?

glyph fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Is there a way to load test a snowblower when it hasn't loving snowed 10" and I need to get to work?

For the second year in a row (my parents' last year and this year, mine) I've been sidetracked for hours dialing in a new to me/ used snowblower that seemed to run well leading into the winter.

BUT

As soon as I actually put a load on the fucker, it's either starving itself and the gas cap need stl be cracked, or the needle needs adjustment or the governor just isn't having it.

I've actually become really proficient with the mowers, whackers, cutters and all the of the 2 and 4 stroke stuff we use on the family acreage and [schlepp to] mine, but holy poo poo, these snowblower things are a pain in the dick.

Is there some super secret way to load these things up to get them dialed [in NOT michelin man suit weather] BEFORE you actually need them?

Or should I just take the nuclear option and junk this techamesh 5hp anchor and go 6.5 predator for the buck twenty it'll cost me?