Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

It's been said before, but I hope William Zabka starts getting additional roles sometime soon, perhaps with the increased exposure from the Netflix era of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Skip the below if you don't want to read rants about how I'm annoyed by an unrealistic TV show...

A funny recurring joke in the first Stranger Things season was Mike's dad, who seemed to be completely checked out and unaware of anything going on in his children's lives -- after all, it was the 80s, there was no such thing as a helicopter parent back then!

Flash forward to today, and Cobra Kai will have us believe, apart from a quick PTA meeting with the briefest of "won't someone please think of the children" outcry, there's effectively no one objecting to the sustained and ongoing criminal activities that the Cobra Kai crew are undertaking? A poster a few pages back detailed the litany of crimes that they're tallying up, but it's just absurd. It's so far beyond the dismissive "my child is being bullied!" kind of activities, but we're talking felonious assaults. I get that it's TV land and characters can walk off what would actually be seriously traumatic injury if these fights were real -- seriously, Miguel isn't the only one who'd be in a coma -- but are they really suggesting that the kind of attacks that [I'm sorry I don't know the characters names but the two "nerd" stereotypes, the smallest kids who were enemies at one point] are subjected to, like the one being thrown through a window by people who essentially commit a gang home invasion are not going to result in a police investigation? Evidently Daniel took care of it himself and talked the parents down? "Yeah, I'm sorry your child was almost murdered, but don't worry, we're going to settle this with a karate tournament, I'm sure these psychopaths won't harm your child again. What's that? Well, yeah, they broke into my home and attacked everyone inside, but I don't think we need to involve the police in this one."

What's worse, at least two of these characters (Tory and Robbie) are looking like legitimate sociopaths. In Robbie's case, dude gets released from jail, shows up at his (ex?) girlfriend's house, and immediately intends to attack a kid he just put in a coma. Are you kidding me? But Tory has a sick mom and has to work two jobs, so she's sympathetic, I guess we should ignore the fact that she's terrorizing someone.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 7, 2021

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

If I can buy Mr. Miyagi kicking rear end I can suspend disbelief enough to accept Kreese doing it and he does come off strong at least.

Fun fact: Ralph Macchio is older in this series than Pat Morita was playing Mr. Miyagi in the first film.