Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What bugs me is that the good season 1 writers clearly had something in mind for this year, and I don't hate the Kreese storyline. There just wasn't much inspiration to the kids' storylines. Honestly, Tory with her one-note personality and total lack of backstory and motivation did a lot to mar the season. Her and Dmitry both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

wa27 posted:

edit: I think last season even had a PS Vita shown at one point :lol:

Daniel's rear end in a top hat kid using Alexa to order a new one when Daniel takes it away is one of the funniest moments in season one.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

OneTruePecos posted:

Wasn't Ralph Macchio 20-something at the time of the first movie?

Yes, and nobody will ever understand how he managed to look 12.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

isaboo posted:

Ewww yeah I hope it isn't what you spoilered.

Is there any word on Elisabeth Shue joining the cast ?

Not really.

Wikipedia posted:

She has expressed ambivalence appearing in Cobra Kai, reprising her role, Ali, from the original 1984 film The Karate Kid.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 25, 2020

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That game does look terrible, but I'm a big enough fan that I'd buy it on sale for $4.99 or something. I like me a good brawler and it kind of has potential to not suck, just really lovely graphics.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one actually kinda surprised by the acting chops of Zabka in particular?

Zabka is a revelation. It's cool to see Macchio getting work but Zabka carries the show. I really hope this gives his career a shot in the arm; I'd watch him on loving Teletubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Even better he was 28 when Karate Kid III came out (his character is supposed to be 18)but the actress who plays his love interest was only 16. Which the writers finally realized was a little creepy.

Maybe it's just my newfangled brains talking, but I'm surprised they didn't just recast her. It's not like "Young, pretty, competent female actress" is a difficult brief to fulfill.