Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

dudeness posted:

I can't believe the old man on the bench at the end wasn't Stan Lee, justifying why he was at all the important points in the MCU history as different people.

he dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Long Bearded Gamer Thor reveals that Thor was the Big Lebowski all along.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I knew the movie was supposed to have "everybody" in it, but I sure as poo poo didn't expect them to create a CGI Macho Man Randy Savage to reprise the Bonesaw role from Spider-man.

And I definitely didn't expect him to do an elbow drop to Thanos and then snap into a Slim Jim.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

A Fancy Hat posted:

I knew the movie was supposed to have "everybody" in it, but I sure as poo poo didn't expect them to create a CGI Macho Man Randy Savage to reprise the Bonesaw role from Spider-man.

And I definitely didn't expect him to do an elbow drop to Thanos and then snap into a Slim Jim.

Really? All the other movies were setting up for this very moment, is this the first Marvel movie you've seen?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

I wanted there to be a celestial involved :(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dont Touch ME posted:

I wanted there to be a celestial involved :(

I wanted to see Thanos fight some abstract concepts :( The movie infinity gauntlet is much weaker than the comic infinity gauntlet. The movie one works more like the Dragonballs, you get one wish then you got to wait to recharge. You can't use it for high end stuff constantly (like fighting the abstract embodiment of the universe itself)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Someone who has more patience than me go back to the theater and wait for the after-credits bullshit and tell me what happens.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Speleothing posted:

Someone who has more patience than me go back to the theater and wait for the after-credits bullshit and tell me what happens.

it turns out it was all a dream

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mozi posted:

it turns out it was all a dream

You didn't stay for the scene that came AFTER that.

In the scene you mentioned, Spider-Man wakes up and says "It was all a dream!" and the screen goes black.

But if you wait 7 minutes in the darkened theater the screen then shows Spider-Man repeating himself and again saying "It was all a dream!". Then, the Tall Man from Phantasm pops up in the mirror, yells "No! It's not!" and drags Spider-Man through the mirror.

So I guess Disney owns Phantasm now? I dunno, I'm pretty excited to see those spheres take on the Avengers.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Fancy Hat posted:

You didn't stay for the scene that came AFTER that.

In the scene you mentioned, Spider-Man wakes up and says "It was all a dream!" and the screen goes black.

But if you wait 7 minutes in the darkened theater the screen then shows Spider-Man repeating himself and again saying "It was all a dream!". Then, the Tall Man from Phantasm pops up in the mirror, yells "No! It's not!" and drags Spider-Man through the mirror.

So I guess Disney owns Phantasm now? I dunno, I'm pretty excited to see those spheres take on the Avengers.

I'm more about the Trolls 2 tie-in to be honest.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
To be perfectly honest, the scene where Iron Man called on gamers to rise up an donate their power to Thor's spirit bomb didn't seem earned.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It's a movie about watching the old movies, and bending over to let Disney gently caress you in the rear end for three hours

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's a movie about watching the old movies, and bending over to let Disney gently caress you in the rear end for three hours

More action than I get a home so whatever

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

christmas boots posted:

To be perfectly honest, the scene where Iron Man called on gamers to rise up an donate their power to Thor's spirit bomb didn't seem earned.

I think it depends on your theater. One guy in my theater stood up and told everyone to stand up and donate our power, and we all did and then we started clapping for him and a bunch of hot babes and hot dudes starting cheering for him and they left and got a burger at the Red Robin next door and then went home and had sex.

And guess what? I know this because that guy was me, Albert Einstein.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think it depends on your theater. One guy in my theater stood up and told everyone to stand up and donate our power, and we all did and then we started clapping for him and a bunch of hot babes and hot dudes starting cheering for him and they left and got a burger at the Red Robin next door and then went home and had sex.

And guess what? I know this because that guy was me, Albert Einstein.

yes I remember the sex

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Can't believe they had Arya ninja anime stab Thanos. What a twist!!!!

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Rutibex posted:

I wanted to see Thanos fight some abstract concepts :( The movie infinity gauntlet is much weaker than the comic infinity gauntlet. The movie one works more like the Dragonballs, you get one wish then you got to wait to recharge. You can't use it for high end stuff constantly (like fighting the abstract embodiment of the universe itself)

We're never getting this and I'm mad about that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
When Gamora kneed Star Lord in the nads and incredulously asked her sister if she was really going to fall in love with this dweeb, it was as if my own nads were being kicked.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, so the message of this movie is that moving on from a tragedy is actually bad wtf

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Let's show cap america giving sensible advice to traumatized survivors and have the biggest stubborn manbaby grow up and be an adult lol just kidding time travel

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

"If you haven't seen Endgame yet and you have issues with body image, please be aware there's a fatphobic "joke" front & center in the movie."

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

My issue lies not with Thor’s alcohol consumption or his turning to food for comfort – both are common coping mechanisms; my issue lies with his physical appearance. I thought we were finally past the days of the fat suit. I had hoped that we were past the point in history where we are allowed to poke fun at fat people. I was wrong. Because here we are in Avengers: Endgame and Thor is 30kg heavier and it seems as though everyone in the audience is laughing except me.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Hulk was injured so badly because he had to use most of the infinity gems' powers to force Verizon to re-activate Hawkeye's wife's phone after five years

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

razamataza posted:

My issue lies not with Thor’s alcohol consumption or his turning to food for comfort – both are common coping mechanisms; my issue lies with his physical appearance. I thought we were finally past the days of the fat suit. I had hoped that we were past the point in history where we are allowed to poke fun at fat people. I was wrong. Because here we are in Avengers: Endgame and Thor is 30kg heavier and it seems as though everyone in the audience is laughing except me.

Heroes At Every Size

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

prof hulk is high as gently caress

will this time travel machine work? i donno maybe

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I guess the extreme cold on the ice planet starting to freeze Iron Man’s heart makes narrative sense but surely they could’ve come up with a better way to try and save him than Hulk taking a hot dump on his chest?!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I guess the extreme cold on the ice planet starting to freeze Iron Man’s heart makes narrative sense but surely they could’ve come up with a better way to try and save him than Hulk taking a hot dump on his chest?!

Avengers: Endgame is nothing but :metis:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

What was the point of Iron Man tasting the dirt on that dirt planet and saying "Hmm.... pepper."

It had no narrative function and apparently was just a reference to Star Wars? But then later on Chewbacca shows up riding the car from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, so is Star Wars real in this universe?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

What was the point of Iron Man tasting the dirt on that dirt planet and saying "Hmm.... pepper."

It wasn't a dirt planet, it was a fish planet.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Rutibex posted:

It wasn't a dirt planet, it was a fish planet.

:aaaaa:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yo holy poo poo, I just realized that if Cap. America took the stones back to the past, and they no longer exist in the present, then Vision is permanently dead, cus his core was like the Mind Stone or some poo poo. I was thinking they could just make a new robot, but I remembered that he was only created by using the stone. So RIP Cuminsnatch, you only got 3 movies, and you jobbed the poo poo out of the last one.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Did anyone else have trouble getting it up when the audience was asked to charge the JO crystal? Asking for a friend.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I liked when Captain Woman held aloft Excalibur and shouted, "Olly olly oxen free!" before plunging it into Blueberry Man's butthole.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
pretended i typed a hilariously grotesque scenario that doesn’t happen in this movie

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I liked when Captain Woman held aloft Excalibur and shouted, "Olly olly oxen free!" before plunging it into Blueberry Man's butthole.

This would have been a better movie than what we got.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hey guys did you know that if the love of your life dies/you outlive her you shouldn't try to move on and instead just go back in time gently caress yeah

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I mean if it's an option, why not? Common sense doesn't apply to magic, if resurrection or time travel are real, go wild.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Oldstench posted:

This would have been a better movie than what we got.

:agreed:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hey guys did you know that if the love of your life dies/you outlive her you shouldn't try to move on and instead just go back in time gently caress yeah

I already knew that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does ant man go into a butt or what's up