Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Putting the Slow back into Slow Draft, amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

89 posted:

Putting the Slow back into Slow Draft, amirite

This is a long time to wait for someone to pick up Dak Prescott.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

jabro posted:

This is a long time to wait for someone to pick up Dak Prescott.

I can not find the photo, but Dak Prescott was literally a 1st round pick in a draft I was in last year. Dude who was drafting looked like he was found off the street. Think maybe he was someone's drug dealer.

I'm cutting that league this year. Fun draft party, though.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Drug dealers are the only non-league people allowed during drafting

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1127571415819931648?s=19

it's that time again

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Everyone rush to draft a 32 year old TE.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

I can not find the photo, but Dak Prescott was literally a 1st round pick in a draft I was in last year. Dude who was drafting looked like he was found off the street. Think maybe he was someone's drug dealer.

I'm cutting that league this year. Fun draft party, though.

I would hope the draft party that brought in a drug dealer from the street would be a fun draft party.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Drug dealer/auctioneer

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

TE is more of a vast wasteland than kickers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eric Ebron was the #4 TE last season and this season he's fighting for time with Jack Doyle who will no doubt get drafted high. I have this bad feeling I'll end up with one of these assholes and then have to think about tight ends all season.

At least I won't have to deal with Trey Burton's worthless rear end this season.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
To kick back to the slow draft, I feel like Henry was an easy pick there. Limited upside as a pass catcher, but I can live with it. Alshon I don't know. Kind of regretting that one now to be honest. For him to be worth it here, he'd have to be better than he has been since like 2014.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So for the second year in a row, my dynasty rookie draft lottery is being decided by randomly drawn golfers. Last year my dynasty league all got tickets to the US Open in Shinnecock, this year we are going to the PGA Championship in Bethpage. I drew Dustin Johnson, and I have another first that I traded for which drew Justin Rose. Best finish gets first overall pick, and so on. I’m excited!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
5.5 - Allen Robinson

I probably should have grabbed a RB instead, but I wasn't a fan of the options and I think Allen Robinson is on a trajectory to do some really good things this year. At worst I have a solid player in my flex who should see some decent market share.

QB:
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB:
WR: AJ Green
WR: Tyler Lockett
FLX: Allen Robinson
TE: Travis Kelce

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

So for the second year in a row, my dynasty rookie draft lottery is being decided by randomly drawn golfers. Last year my dynasty league all got tickets to the US Open in Shinnecock, this year we are going to the PGA Championship in Bethpage. I drew Dustin Johnson, and I have another first that I traded for which drew Justin Rose. Best finish gets first overall pick, and so on. I’m excited!

Holy poo poo. You have a very good chance of getting two top 5 or even top 3 picks. Sucks this isn’t last years draft class though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
5.08 Lamar Miller

I hovered over O.J. Howard for a few seconds. But then I remembered A-TEAM (All Tight Ends Are Meh), so I took the steady Lamarmalar. At least 1,000 total yards and 6 TDs in 5 straight years. That's who I want for my flex/bye week starter: An unsexy guy who just comes in and gets me like 10 points

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

5.08 Lamar Miller

I hovered over O.J. Howard for a few seconds. But then I remembered A-TEAM (All Tight Ends Are Meh), so I took the steady Lamarmalar. At least 1,000 total yards and 6 TDs in 5 straight years. That's who I want for my flex/bye week starter: An unsexy guy who just comes in and gets me like 10 points

Honestly I was thinking the same thing. I kinda wish I had locked down a RB2 but RB always seems to be so replaceable.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly I was thinking the same thing. I kinda wish I had locked down a RB2 but RB always seems to be so replaceable.

If it's any consolation, you have been pissing me off by taking my players this entire draft. I even thought you were going to take a running back and relaxed a bit, but nope. Allen loving Robinson gone!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

If it's any consolation, you have been pissing me off by taking my players this entire draft. I even thought you were going to take a running back and relaxed a bit, but nope. Allen loving Robinson gone!

Your tears sustain me.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

Solid consolation imo

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dunno if anybody was eyeing them, but I tried to go fairly risk free at the turn. I was eyeing Jacobs & Guice. But Jacobs went one pick before me (damnit!) and Guice...who really knows what happens there. AP, Guice, Bryce Love. :shrug:

WR - Tyler Boyd
RB - James White

Brings my roster, so far, to:

WR: Michael Thomas, Odell Beckham, Tyler Boyd
RB: Damien Williams, Sony Michel, James White

White keeps my Michel investment safe, I feel like.

I considereddddddddd Aaron Rodgers. But, QB is whatever without superflex I feel like.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Your tears sustain me.

I knew they would.

dkj posted:

Solid consolation imo

Do you mean the tears or Luck?

I can't wait for the second slow draft. My strategy is completely different.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

I knew they would.

Do you mean the tears or Luck?

The tears.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
6.05 David Montgomery

I already have three RBs, but I felt stronger about shoring them up for the rest of the season than I did about any of the other players.

Come week 9, Hunt could be stealing Carrie's from Chubb, Foreman from Miller, and Lindsay could break down again and be in a timeshare with Royce.

But by then, Montgomery will have outplayed Mike Da HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED for the starting role. Sure Cohen will absorb targets like a tampon, but Montgomery feels like one of those rookie RBs coaches love to run into the ground when it's late in the year and they want to ride a stellar D into the playoffs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I've decided that I hate the sixth spot. I just miss out on my next tier of guys from either side.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I've decided that I hate the sixth spot. I just miss out on my next tier of guys from either side.

I can definitely see that. Yet another affirmation that auction-only is the righteous path. Several times I've said "I don't want any X rounders, can't I just get 3 X+1 rounders?"

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

Reaching 2 or 3 spots isn’t the end of the world. Just go with what you’re sure of.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

Reaching 2 or 3 spots isn’t the end of the world. Just go with what you’re sure of.

David Montgomery completes me

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Drafted Guice. Feeling meh about it. I mean Washington's line should be decent, a rookie QB will open up a lot of running for RBs, ACL tears aren't what they used to be, and his primary competition is old as dirt... but still. Meh.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Drafted Guice. Feeling meh about it. I mean Washington's line should be decent, a rookie QB will open up a lot of running for RBs, ACL tears aren't what they used to be, and his primary competition is old as dirt... but still. Meh.

I don't hate this pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gearman posted:

I don't hate this pick.

Yeah I don't hate it either. It's just not really exciting to me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

dkj posted:

It's not about reaching. It's about having tiers of guys and watching that last pick on the previous tier go the pick before mine. Some draft spots are more valuable than others. I think six naturally plays out to a drop in value.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I watched every game Haskins played in college. He doesn't run, like ever. His pocket presence is amazing. I'm meh on Guice, but a good o-line should be enough to loosen up the box for some good RB statlines.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

I watched every game Haskins played in college. He doesn't run, like ever. His pocket presence is amazing. I'm meh on Guice, but a good o-line should be enough to loosen up the box for some good RB statlines.

Can we please not talk about Haskins? The pain is still fresh.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I don't love Murray here. Obviously, I'm hoping to get a good portion of that Ingram workload. Hey it's not impossible.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ben Nevis posted:

I don't love Murray here. Obviously, I'm hoping to get a good portion of that Ingram workload. Hey it's not impossible.

They've been top 3 in RB scoring like 8 out of the last 9 seasons. He'll be good.

Baker & Engram - I wasnt in love with any RBs and WRs in this range so I pulled the trigger on some onesies positions to get them shored up. I think Engram is gonna have a big year because who else will in that passing game... Shepard? :lol:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

They've been top 3 in RB scoring like 8 out of the last 9 seasons. He'll be good.

That's certainly the hope!

And taking a page there, I drafted Matt Ryan. Here at the halfway point, I'm feeling OK.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Baker & Engram - I wasnt in love with any RBs and WRs in this range so I pulled the trigger on some onesies positions to get them shored up. I think Engram is gonna have a big year because who else will in that passing game... Shepard? :lol:

I like both of these picks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I like Ryan there and probably would've grabbed him at 8

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Yeah, Engram should be a decent TE, but Saquon is going to get 200 targets, and they do have Golden Tate who may still have way more than he showed on the Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

Yeah, Engram should be a decent TE, but Saquon is going to get 200 targets, and they do have Golden Tate who may still have way more than he showed on the Eagles.

Running back targets max out at 115 +/- 15 for the leader every year and Eli Manning averages 550 attempts per season so that leaves about 450 to 420 targets for Shepard, Tate, Engram, and riffraff. In his games without Beckham he was on a 124 targets per 16 game pace, which would have been 4th last season behind the big three and just ahead of Ebron (PBUH)

Edit: I misunderstood the point of your post! Sorry. I thought you were saying Engram wasn't gonna be getting beaucoup targets

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 15, 2019