Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
7.5 - Jerick McKinnon

Toot Toot All Aboard The Injury Train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This is pretty cool. Lots of potential, I think.

https://pollsports.com/feed/football

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I can keep 3 of these 4 dudes in 0.5 PPR, no cost to keep them. Who do I drop?

Marquise Goodwin
MVS
Devin Funchess
Daesean Hamilton

First thought was Funchess but maybe he actually becomes a useful piece in that Colts offense?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Basturd took Ebron!!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

Basturd took Ebron!!
I'm fully on this train again. He carried one of my teams through last season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

This is pretty cool. Lots of potential, I think.

https://pollsports.com/feed/football

drat this is super dope

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I considered Ebron, but I love OJ Howard this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm liking Drake as a mid round RB in PPR leagues this year which is why i grabbed him but a few IRL people i've talked to have told me they are staying away.

What's everyones feelings on him here?

I know his QB situation and overall offense situation is pretty bad next year but he has produced when he wasn't being shackled to the bench by Gase while 50 year old Frank Gore took half the carries.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Marquise Goodwin
MVS
Devin Funchess
Daesean Hamilton

First thought was Funchess but maybe he actually becomes a useful piece in that Colts offense?

No idea. They're all pretty similar in terms of opportunity, competition, upside, risk, etc. I wouldn't lose much sleep over cutting any of them, so pick the one whose name or NFL team you like the least or whatever.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There.

All the TEs are gone now, ya jerks.

And Wentz gonna be #1

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

VietCampo posted:

I'm liking Drake as a mid round RB in PPR leagues this year which is why i grabbed him but a few IRL people i've talked to have told me they are staying away.

I know his QB situation and overall offense situation is pretty bad next year but he has produced when he wasn't being shackled to the bench by Gase while 50 year old Frank Gore took half the carries.

There's still Ballage waiting in the wings. I don't know that that is a clear cut situation. The Dolphins drafted 2 RBs, admittedly in the 7th, but that's still a lot of RBs for a team with only 6 picks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ballage will take that spot at the first opportunity imo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Drake looks good with 1,000 total yards and 9 touchdowns last year. He is definitely their passing downs back, getting more receiving yards than rushing yards.

However...

Towards the end of last season, it's clear the Dolphins were trying to get Ballage into the mix as an early downs back. He has 25 pounds on Drake, with a similar height. Two of the last four games Ballage had 12 carries, and one of those games he hit for 100+ rushing yards. He's not a solid passing back, getting just 9 receptions.

I had drake as a cheap sleeper in a few auction leagues last year, so I had to watch a ton of Miami football and it was painful. Drake only had more than 8 carries once in the last half of the season: 11 carries in week 17. Meanwhile Ballage had 90% of his carries in the last 4 weeks.

Looking at the season stat line makes Drake look better than he is: Miami clearly wanted to shift away from him towards the end of last year.

I feel like Drake is an okay plug-in in PPR leagues, but I'd rather have Ballage in a double-digit round than Drake in a mid-round.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Also, sorry gang it might take me a few hours to make my pick. I worked from 6 AM-11 PM yesterday and my brain is fried and I looked at the draft board and I hate everyone still available

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also, sorry gang it might take me a few hours to make my pick. I worked from 6 AM-11 PM yesterday and my brain is fried and I looked at the draft board and I hate everyone still available

Just start grabbing double digit round sleepers early.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Gobias Ind. posted:

Marquise Goodwin
MVS
Devin Funchess
Daesean Hamilton

Drop Goodwin

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Just start grabbing double digit round sleepers early.

Done. Colorless Hyde, welcome aboard

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I feel let down with that pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Will Fuller: Maybe he won't get hurt this year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone here who plays dynasty do free agency/waivers/player auction inbetween their rookie draft and the NFL preseason?

My league does the rookie draft then a supplemental auction draft around week 3 of the preseason.

A couple people have brought up doing an additional auction inbetween to make some veteran player moves and speculate further on rookies.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Will Fuller: Maybe he won't get hurt this year.

Almost went with him

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone here who plays dynasty do free agency/waivers/player auction inbetween their rookie draft and the NFL preseason?

My league does the rookie draft then a supplemental auction draft around week 3 of the preseason.

A couple people have brought up doing an additional auction inbetween to make some veteran player moves and speculate further on rookies.

In most of my dynasty leagues we do our rookie draft, then FA auction, and then a UDFA rookie only auction in my bigger leagues.

In others we just open waivers after rookie draft.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

In most of my dynasty leagues we do our rookie draft, then FA auction, and then a UDFA rookie only auction in my bigger leagues.

In others we just open waivers after rookie draft.

Neat, so it's not as out there as I thought. What's the timing on y'alls auctions?

They're thinking one now during OTAs and/or in July during camps

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Neat, so it's not as out there as I thought. What's the timing on y'alls auctions?

They're thinking one now during OTAs and/or in July during camps

All of my rookie auctions (except for my goon dynasty) happen in May.

Then typically we do FA auction end of June. UDFA late July then we are in preseason and normal add/drop waivers open up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

our league is an outlyer, but we do both our rookie draft and our free agent auction as late as possible before opening day of the regular season. Drives one or two owners (Alfalfa) crazy that they have to wait, but it means nobody wastes high picks on players who wash out of summer camp, snap their legs in half in the preseason, etc. and we like it like that.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

our league is an outlyer, but we do both our rookie draft and our free agent auction as late as possible before opening day of the regular season. Drives one or two owners (Alfalfa) crazy that they have to wait, but it means nobody wastes high picks on players who wash out of summer camp, snap their legs in half in the preseason, etc. and we like it like that.

Doesn't bug me. It just drafts like a redraft and not a dynasty.

Took me a year to adjust but I'm good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
D'Onta Foreman continues my tradition of grabbing RBs coming off of injuries. Although he could play last year, he might have still been recovering. With only Lamar Miller in front of him there's a lot of upside here.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

D'Onta Foreman continues my tradition of grabbing RBs coming off of injuries. Although he could play last year, he might have still been recovering. With only Lamar Miller in front of him there's a lot of upside here.

drat you, i was eyeing him or Ito Smith for my pick. Ito Smith seems like a decent mid round RB if he can hold down that #2 slot behind Freeman.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I went LeSean McCoy here because of straight value. I'm not that high on him, but he's a starter. I think it's solid value for where he's being drafted.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

I went LeSean McCoy here because of straight value. I'm not that high on him, but he's a starter. I think it's solid value for where he's being drafted.

There's a real chance McCoy doesn't make the team.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh, I didn't realize, but you're right. They'd save $6.5 million against the cap, just $2.6 million dead cap according to spotrac. And Gore, Yeldon, and Singletary is not great, but it's not awful either. Guess it just depends if they actually want that cap space for anything else?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow, I did not notice that at all. I'm usually on point about cap casualties too.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I was out of town and didn't post reasons here for my last picks. Tate stands a good chance to wake in a lot of whatever passing offense the Giants can put up. I checked, and it doesn't appear that Daniel Jones is married, so that's a point in Tate's favor as well. Ekeler produced pretty solidly last year, and I thought that likely to continue.

It was super unlikely, but I was sorta hoping Foreman made it back to me.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
So the question for Zeke is will the league discipline "handcuffed but not arrested"?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kind of felt whatever about it. N'Keal Harry and Emmanuel Sanders. So, I should be good on WR with:

Odell Beckham
Michael Thomas
Tyler Boyd
N'Keal Harry
Emmanuel Sanders

#depth

I'm thinking in redraft this year I'm gonna concentrate on drafting more WRs if I have a later pick. The value in WR is kind of crazy at the end of the 1st round. Pretty much guaranteed 2 of the Top 5 WRs at the turn.

The real winners are the ones around mid way, mid/end of the first round and can grab something like Melvin Gordon AND David Johnson

89 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 20, 2019

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Who wants to painstakingly make some projections???

https://twitter.com/JustinFreeman18/status/1129595247929880576?s=19

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Justin Freeman is a really good guy.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Anyone switched to Sleeper lately (even better, from ESPN)?

About to pull the trigger on a switch and just wanted to know of any pitfalls I may encounter.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dy. posted:

Anyone switched to Sleeper lately (even better, from ESPN)?

About to pull the trigger on a switch and just wanted to know of any pitfalls I may encounter.

We're going to switch this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I've heard of slow drafts but this is ridiculous folks!

(OBJ SB LIV MVP you've been on the clock for a day)