Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hi everyone this is a good game and it will pick up like 2-3 dungeons in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Were Jammers a thing in SF2? I know SF3 had Berserk Wizards instead but I don't remember SF2

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

SF2 had Murians.

oh yeah those things

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

I can't believe this series predicted social media AND dumb gimmicks in futurey cars

That's a pop plot point in a lot of sci-fi works. EVE uses this as an explanation for why you hear sounds in your spaceship (apparently the silence of space was literally driving people insane)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually prefer Red Joker from every perspective. I mean canonically you blow your enemies up with nuclear fire!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I do like the wings.

The other thing is that Black Ace's folder is worse than Red Joker's in pretty much every way.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like that they made a character portrait too.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

There was a tweet a few years back suggesting adding internet access to the country's nuclear arsenal. BN3 was ahead of its time.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I genuinely don't think I ever saw Cygnus Feather in this game, I thought it was a new move given to him in SF3. I might have just burned him down too quickly to notice.

Same principle as how nobody ever saw MoonDestroyer's final attack or AcidAce's laser I suppose.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I did abuse Cipher Mail so :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was that character's Mega card. Albeit you have no control over pillar placement.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Polderjoch posted:

Yeah but those don't stick on the field do they? They just show up for the attack during the timefreeze and then disappear

One of the three he creates does:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This is definitely the point where the game gets very real. This and one other scenario are standouts, especially since story was never really the focus of these games.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Funny, I don't remember Mega having a problem with beating on Ophiuca. Or Ice. Or Virgo.

That's cause Mega's tsundere. He doesn't hate Lyra nearly as much as he claims.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The SearchEye is prob the more valuable of the two. Those can run you quite a few zenny

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

*grin*

And yeah even SF2 was better about this. SF3's power-up scene was alright though. Esp since it started you out with a crippled version at first.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This line prob rings harder in Japan than it does for America because the education system there is a loving pressure cooker

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah it's really not great. You mostly use it because it lets you select card horizontally.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

2xdmg for all the things was stupid busted though. That form was a glorified I Win button.
Like even Gemini stunlock wasn't that broken.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I give Geo 10 minutes. And yeah, the whole friendship thing kind of falls flat because honestly Luna is not a very good friend.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sonia is legit the best friend of the series and understands Geo a lot better than the others. And yeah that scene was great, way to take initiative, girl.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah I always liked this scenario. It probably resonates very hard with a Japanese audience, though they really take an extremely charitable view of parental intentions in situations like this.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This part. This part of the game gets like super loving real and Pat gets strangely intimate with Geo. Which makes it all the worse when the inevitable happens.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Incidentally, this is why you can't draw GigaChips in the first turn ever since Battle Network 4. The game generally makes sure it can't be in the first 1-2 turns.

I always thought this was bullshit especially since MegamanDS has no such restrictions.

quote:

If you feel like fighting RNG, put in a GrassStage and pray you draw it with breaktimebomb. One turn kill, gg. In case Starforce 1 only makes it 3x damage instead of 6, 300 damage should be easy enough to kill.

I want to say that only SF3 used that multiplier system, SF1 and SF2 used the regular 2x->4x->8x multipliers.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 24, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah that "date" is one of the most awkward parts of the game. It made this scenario stick out for me despite the rest of it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't help but think there's a translation flub, or a missed opportunity, and Pat/Rey is meant to be Pat/Rick

IIRC they're both supposed to be androgynous names, same thing in Japan with Tsukasa/Hikaru

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Rogue is the worst, but his transformation in Star Force 3 is pretty obscene. Granted, I think Gemini/Wolf or Wolf/Gemini Noise manages to be almost as good.

Gemini/Wolf is actually considerably better since chances are if you can go Gemini/Wolf you have Brothers and thus more LP for bullshit. Rogue Noise requires you to have an empty Brotherband.
As well, the Gemini gives a full on stun instead of a flinch like RogueNoise does.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah I love Haruka but the writers did not.

And tbh I think I'd take SF3's final dungeon over SF2's. Those loving patrols padded the game out so goddamn much.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah vanilla Andromeda is a very easy fight. I was surprised to hear that folks had trouble with it, the hardest part about it were the meteors and that drat core protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

:gonk:

That's kinda horrifying, isn't it?? "Hey son! I was able to send this to earth's wave road, but unfortunately, not my body. Don't worry about me, though! I'll just be wandering the empty expanse of space by myself for the rest of eternity."

On a related note... given that Couronne is sticking around as an EM ghost, and Kelvin is floating around as a space EM ghost... does that mean Geo will also eventually become an EM ghost? :tinfoil:

I mean it could be worse. He could be eaten by a giant hell meteor made out of signal interference.