Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I was going to try to figure out whether Rogue or Zack is the bigger loser but I realized there's no point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I remember the Wave Road being orange. Is that a glitch?

I remember it being orange in 2, at least... interesting.

(2 is the only one I've played more than a little bit of. It was... decent, I guess, but I'm glad I started with it if the other two are both better.)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

It's also weirdly enough the only non-OG Megaman or X song in the game.

The specific mix of Zero's theme from the first Mega Man X they picked is from the first Mega Man Zero, though.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The Golux posted:

AURIEFRUTS should have been obvious, but I think LAREBARAON is short an O?

It might have been cut for text size reasons.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Starforce4 posted:

Harp Note has always been one of my favorite characters in Megaman. She always felt like the most useful female character in mega man (or at least the BN/SF timeline) and I like how she's kinda like this series Protoman instead of its Roll.

I think she’s got a little of both, myself.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

How's its story and level design? The roguelike thing doesn't seem very helpful for that.

Story is almost nonexistent (the flavor text on cards is about 80% memes*) and it just goes battle to battle rather than having dungeons and areas you run around in. Even shops and treasure rooms are still in the battle engine.

*e.g. a few cards dealing with a mechanic called Jam have lines from the theme of Space Jam for flavor text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder if Rover is supposed to be a Hachiko knock-off in Japanese.

I put the odds of this at something like 95% given the presence of the Moyai statue on the same screen.