Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

yeah trump was extremly anti-war

they are against war until they are for it when their brains throb the wrong way, much like how they hate china until they erupt like yellowstone when businesses bar african migrants from walking in and throw them into the streets to die of covid exposure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

alright lessee what we got here

-npc meme
-a nuclear button nobody can touch
-he satan

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

who would have thought the anti-vaccination freak who worships the avatar of vanity would turn out to be scum

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

is it bloodlust to suggest that I would be pleased if the next time Ben pops over to the loo he shits himself inside out and dies

so what if it is

Some Guy TT posted:

the monarchy reference is really throwing me off because while i associate a lot of bad things exclusively with republicans fetishization of dynasties isnt one of them

they love that poo poo

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

what is monarchy even supposed to mean in this context is he just saying republicans love to do nepotism because uhhh democrats do that too and are in fact doing it right now right in front of us

the only other interpretation can think of is that its being used as a shorthand for fascism in which case why not just use fascism instead its a scarier word that doesnt encourage me to think of the royal family further muddying the message

they want a strongman to direct themselves and their lessers, this isn't an especially elusive point, why are you making this harder for yourself than it has to be

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

how in the world did you read any of that and conclude that what i wanted was more labels

visuals and labels are the exact opposite things you illiterate dumbasses

:ironicat:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

use imagery in a political cartoon to express criticism of a political figure? thats just crazy youre a label lover just like ben garrison!

you are the reason political cartoons are a pejorative

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

the cartoon doesnt actually need labels at all and i had completely forgotten it even had any until i looked it up thats because its usage of the royal dress to depict andrew jackson as an autocrat is very distinctive and well drawn and gets the point across very well

whereas the cartoon you are defending looks like poo poo relies entirely on badly written text to get the point across and you have the audacity to accuse me of being a simpleton who needs labels to get the point just because im calling it a lovely cartoon doesnt mean i dont understand it

there has to be something else driving this little shitfit of yours, i refuse to believe you're so stupid you can't parse something this banal and trite

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

loquacius posted:

"it was a complete coincidence that he happened to die of a drug overdose right when he was being suffocated by a cop's knee on his neck" is perhaps the dumbest argument possible so of course that's the one people have attached themselves to

any of the 'explanations' would be equally erroneous. none of them actually believe the poo poo they say, they don't have to when the only purpose behind all of this rhetorical rigamarole is to provide a plausible cover for the genocidal impulse that serves as the lifeblood of the right. the corporate and managerial right's biggest problem with the conviction next to the semblance of (extremely limited) accountability is that for all their attempts to move past this, they can't actually, fully handle their core's desire to cull the unclean. everything is pretense, irrespective of plausibility, and when that pretense fails to yield fruit, the implicit becomes explicit.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

artist # 1: implicitly racist cartoon

artist # 2: explicitly racist cartoon

racist cartoons back to back: who HOAH nelly hooly dooly this is some BAD poo poo holmes

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"actually I LOVE israel" - zyklon 'ben' garrison

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

don't force it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

getting real old here garry

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:stare:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

they like israel because it's as stupid, savage and feckless as they want to be

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

b_d posted:

is there any connection to brokeback mountain in this situation at all :confused:

he gay

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

if you're trying to scry anything but the most boorish, hind-brained explanation, you haven't learned anything

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Freedom Eagle is mad about this but like, okay Ben, what's Freedom Eagle's solution? Ban movie/TV/game studios from distributing their work in China? Force them to pay heavy fines/penalties for distributing their work in China? Have the government pass laws prohibiting them from making works that adhere to the guidelines China requires? None of that sounds very free to me!

you ask all these questions of ben when the answer is clear as day: he's freedom eagle, he will bring them freedom.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

freedom stands for tactical nukes

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just noticed the giant lips in the first panel so I feel the comic is intended to be racist as well as transphobic.

Also I have no doubt this dude has drawn pro cop bullshit and talked about backing the blue in previous comics so it's funny that the police are depicted as evil and working for the leftists in this one.

he tends to reserve those lips for when The Enemy is trans, i don't recall it coming up in any other context

maybe that one strip with jimmy fallon in blackface idk

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Good soup! posted:

Where can I get my Gay Soviet States of America flag

that flag ain't gay, look at those colors all messed up and out of order, downright heterosexual

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Caithness posted:

he’s drawing it wrong on purpose, as a troll

is it working

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

polandball poo poo doesn't count

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

a mildly more subtle form of “oh no my butt!” at the end there

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

weird it's like ben has a criteria that demands scaremongering and saber rattling for some countries and isolationism for others, wonder what it could be

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

delete

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

there was a while where he was putting out some fairly grim poo poo, it wouldn't surprise me if he's chosen to take refuge in some kind of mental trap instead of go down that rabbit hole any farther

mind you that looks like your typical bolling cartoon to me if you discount the 'clever' perspective change

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:eyepop:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

change my name posted:

I think this person probably got banned from a table for being an rear end in a top hat and is salty about it

georgie boy is a cretin who by and large doesn't interact with the media he mourns, hence why he can make a comic mocking american football players for taking a knee and losing in a game where both teams knelt at the start of the match

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

georgie just learned that cartoon people aren't real

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

oh no not my mouth

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

does this dude have any joke that isn't a variation on calmhitler

sure man here's one of them

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

women bad lol

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

'hitting the wall'

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Here's the sequence of events

Women join the military
Their clams bake
Silly women run around
Women hit the wall
This is why we lost WW3

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

anything in particular going on there or are we at the filler stage

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

straight outta deviantart

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i don't loving understand why these cartoons aimed at an english-speaking audience are so godawful, surely they have one person fluent in the language willing to say "hey i don't get this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:goofy: