Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

I'll carefully wash out the sword-pipe in the time stream so it's not gross to smoke through and once it's clean I'm happy to follow along with what everyone else wants to do for now.

(sorry had to catch up, was way too out of it last night to be of any use lol - enjoying this, ty again pixaal!)

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

pixaal posted:

Lizard takes the jeweled pipe and places it near the mouth of the statue. It's open in a look of horror and more of a shelf than a mouth. The smoke fills the mouth chamber of the statue

I kiss the statue

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

manifisto takes the blue horned skull off the spike and places it in the stream of time after several attempts it seems to age, which is an improvement over the time it started screaming in agony from not having a body, that was a bit frightening actually. The horn was easy enough to hollow out because you remember to pack medical supplies and there just happens to be a drill rated for bones! Score!

Oddly the skull-bong is bone dry, the river looks like it's made of water, but clearly it is not.

sloth attempts to clean the jeweled pipe in the river and it slips into the stream and is carried away. Still mourning the loss, the pipe hits Sloth in the back of the head. It appears to be the same only clean.

Moon steps onto the glowing circle and vanishes. The general consensus is this guy is about to kill everyone. Not wanting to split the group everyone runs towards the circle
The Green Man gives a look of horror and yells for you to stop.

Lizard gently kisses the statue of Lorel goodbye and follows.

When you step on the circle it feels like you are both completely alone and connected to everyone and everything in the entire universe at the same time. It's really a really strange feeling before you can start to reflect on how you can possibly feel both at the same time reality snaps back to normal. Well you feel normal. As normal as you can considering just yesterday you were at a house party on Earth in the year 2019. Your vision blurred momentarily when you stepped on the circle and your eyes adjust to the surroundings rather quickly. Your eyes are telling you this happened instantly, but you swear hours passed while you felt strange. Thinking too hard about it hurts so you decide to leave that for later and take in your new surroundings.

The first thing you notice is there doesn't appear to be a way back. You frantically search for another circle and spot a circle in the distance and can see the faint glow that may be others near it.

There is a giant sign welcoming you to this Town, it is, maybe was, called Pivot Dust, what a crappy name. Everything in town looks pretty run down and like it hasn't been used in decades. You see a damaged building, from the sign you think it was likely a bar. You see a cave with a track coming out of it, possibly a mine.

You notice someone has painted a green hand with a raised middle finger on the side of a barn.

There is a lake that looks to be a supply of fresh water, as long as you don't find it faintly tasting of duck

There's stuff I didn't mention in the description text, you can still interact with it, I want to see what people end up calling some of this stuff. I added more generic stuff since the party was very undecided on how to move to the next scene. If you go wondering off into something nearby that wont shift the focus the scene will expand instead of move, that wasn't really possible considering how that conversation went last time.

sig by owlhawk911

take the moon

by sebmojo
welp, sorry guys.

wanna see what's up with that hand, maybe ask the leaf what it thinks

Manifisto

there is an orange dude in a white shell, maybe he is a snail? I'd like to say hello and find out his (/her) deal

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
wanna sniff that purple flower, watch manifisto interact with that snail(?), grab that gear if it's not too heavy and maybe check out that abandoned bar for left over booze, tell moon it's cool we didn't know where we were and we still don't after coming here so it's no biggie

Stoner Sloth

gonna make use of the time cleaned sword pipe now it's fresh and good, while watching manifisto talk to hopefully new snail friend - then help luvcow out with searching for booze - this place definitely seems like we'll need more than a half bottle of vodka to fully explore!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

pixaal

Sorry for the lack of updates, a bunch of stuff happened this week, should have time next week. I just want to let everyone know I didn't abandon this, just been really busy but should be able to wrap up real life stuff this weekend.

sig by owlhawk911

Stoner Sloth

pixaal posted:

Sorry for the lack of updates, a bunch of stuff happened this week, should have time next week. I just want to let everyone know I didn't abandon this, just been really busy but should be able to wrap up real life stuff this weekend.

perfectly understandable - happens with the Toxin Crew thread too, and don't worry - we'll still be around when life stops being crazy at you for a moment or two!

and thank you for making this thread in the first place friendo :)

pixaal

Well that took longer than originally expected to deal with real life but I now have the free time to do this again so let's get this moving sorry for the unplanned interruption. I'm aware no one cares about the delay but it still feels lovely to start something and stop the very next week.

Moon Asks Yellow about the green hand on the barn and if it's somehow related to the guy they just ditched.
Yellow replies They are the Order of Lorel, they aren't very open with what they do. Rumor says they make sure the timeline goes how it should. But how do they know what is supposed to happen though? Bunch of crazy time travels best avoided I say. Few encounter them and survive. I am unfamiliar with them marking anything they don't like people knowing they even exist. Very secretive, very dangerous.

Manifisto started to walk towards the "snail" It sure looks like one. The hard exterior seems to be a shell-like if not actually a shell. During the approach the creature screams. Maybe sing is a better word, it's hard to describe exactly what you are hearing. It's loud but not unpleasant.

Attempts to communicate are ignored but it keeps singing. Maybe it's trying to communicate, maybe it's calling for help.

Luvcow sniffs one of the flower. It's actually a small patch of flowers that looks like someone has been tending. They smell a bit like lavender with a hint of citrus.

Luvcow Takes one glance at the the massive gear it looks far to heavy to lift, it must be part of something massive or be purely decorative. It is covered in scratches and nicks. Nothing else nearby looks mechanical. The bar looks far more interesting right now so Luvcow wonders into the bar.

Sloth follows Luvcow into the bar and fumbles with the pipe trying to get it to light, darn thing seems to be a bit damp still.
It's pretty dark inside there's an upper floor and blocking any light from coming down from the hole in the ceiling. You bump into a few pieces of broken wood, you can't even identify if they were part of a chair, table, or otherwise it's pretty hard to make out any details maybe your eyes will adjust in a bit

Sloth manages to light to jeweled pipe and after exhaling the smoke seems to shimmer and swirl. It starts to glow and turn bright, real bright. Suddenly both notice a man standing in front of the green glowing smoke. Was he hiding before?

He says happily exclaims "Hi! I'm Franklin! Good to see other humans for once". His shirt looks way too big for him it's flopping around, so do his pants for that matter He seems to be waiting for a reply the silence stretches and becomes a bit uncomfortable. He keeps a poo poo eating grin on his face the entire time. At least you can make out some of the immediate area in front of you in the bar, it's still really dark behind him, nothing too interesting or unexpected in the room that you can see so far. Well other than this strange man,

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 23, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

yay updates!

sounds like the snail wants to be friends. I pick him up and take him with me into the bar.

"Hi everybody! Miss me?" I say loudly, then start scream/singing in harmony with the snail.

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

I'll try and act cool and totally not hosed up and confused - can't have this guy think I can't handle my time weed. "Oh, hey Franklin, dude... wanna hit on this poo poo?" I'll reply.

also :agreed: about yay updates :toot:

and I'll nod in Manifisto and his snail frens direction so as not to be rude or harsh

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 23, 2019

take the moon

by sebmojo
I shield the leaf from the screaming with cupped hands and cautiously approach the crazy person

pixaal

Manifisto wraps the snail in their arms, the tone gets more shrill and it starts to side to side. The first thing you notice is it's a pretty hefty maybe 50-60 pounds. It retracts it's head like a turtle before thrusting it outward. It lifts slightly, mid air a pair of legs pop out of the holes on both sides of the shell and it stands? Maybe it's not related to snails at all.

It follows Manifisto into the Bar in silence until it reaches the door, where it starts the scream singing again
Manifisto has to yell to be heard over it then decides to join in. A few people start staring at the spectacle.

Sloth offers Franklin the pipe
Fanklin's eyes widen, "is that from my sword? What happened to my sword?" he shifts the weight on his feet "where are we anyway? This doesn't seem like camp, did we get Lorel?
He seems completely oblivious to the fact that there is fresh herb in the sword guard.

Moon attempts to cover Yellow's ears but there don't really appear to be any. Yellow seems indifferent to the cupped hands

The glowing smoke dissipates, Franklin says "boy it sure got dark quick!" and produces light somehow. You can now clearly see the stairs going up, the bar counter completely surrounds the stairs you can't see from this angle but you suspect there's a passage under the stairs between the 2 sections. You see a few bottles of booze and some drinking glasses, most of the hooks are empty. It looks like the place was already looted.

sig by owlhawk911

Stoner Sloth

'Haha, you're a strange bloke but you're alright in my book Franklin - cheers mate!' spoke the Sloth, in between tokes cause there is no sense in letting fresh 'erb go to waste.

I'll help gather the illuminated booze bottles while looking to Manifisto's pet... uh... thing 'Cute little fellow you got there... is he okay?' then as Manifisto starts scream-singing too 'Are you okay for that matter my dude?'

I shrug and go to check out the revealed passageway to see where that might lead.

Manifisto

okay scream-singing time is over

I compliment franklin on his floppy shirt and ask him if there are any dangers around we should know about

take the moon

by sebmojo

pixaal posted:

you suspect there's a passage under the stairs between the 2 sections

hmm I will check this out

pixaal

Sloth finishes off what is left in the jeweled pipe, the smoke appears to be normal smoke and doesn't glow.
Franklin seems shocked when the lighter is raised to the sword guard and asks what you did to his sword.
Manifisto changes the topic by telling Franklin that his floppy shirt is awesome.
Franklin looks at his feet "Well this shirt was the captain's, you know, Rufus? Well my shirt was, I needed a new shirt, and he wasn't going to use it again." He slumps getting a closer view of his own feet "you know he was in the first group, leading the charge as always, no one came back from that, then we marched and it's a bit of a blur I remember getting right up to Lorel my sword at her throat and it just couldn't cut her." He straightens up a bit looking deeply in thought and a bit confused.
Manifisto asks if it's safe here to break the tension "Why would I know? I thought you'd know, didn't you bring me here after the battle?" Franklin replies, when there is no immediate reply he barrels on "Where is here anyway? You were at the battle weren't ya? Didn't think any other humans were left 'sides us, Lorel saw to that. We're alive, so we won, right?". He looks hopeful, but also ready to be disappointed.

Sloth meanwhile has hopped over the bar and is reaching for the top shelf. Finding 2 re-corked bottles of wine that smell like vinegar and an green bottle with red wax as an apparent label reading "FIRE" in what must pass for a brand around these parts. It smells like whiskey.

Sloth takes the bottle up stairs, it's lit from the hole in the roof, it's pretty much a single large room for drunk people to pass out in by the looks of it there are blankets that look rather scratchy laid out on the floor around the room. There are also a few doors to private rooms which each contain a single bed. One of the doors looks like it was bashed in. The place looks like it's been untouched in months or even years. It doesn't look like anyone left anything valuable.

Moon follows Sloth behind the bar but instead of going upstairs looks under the stairs.
There is a safe under the stairs that looks much too heavy to move, the dial goes from 0 to 99 it looks like someone else may have already attempted to force their way inside unsuccessfully.

bonus half finished establishing shot of the stairs (I was going to try and get it in the view of the bar while still showing what is under there as it would be more interesting but the angle is extremely difficult to get right and have enough room so I abandoned it shortly into it. I think it gives a better idea of where exactly this is.

it's literally under the stairs, not a basement.

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

This somehow sneaked its way under the radar to page 2, despite there's so much left to do! I hope it's okay for pixaal if I revive this real quick.

Because the obvious thing to do now is to try out that safe. The opening solution is clearly 69.

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

This somehow sneaked its way under the radar to page 2, despite there's so much left to do! I hope it's okay for pixaal if I revive this real quick.

Because the obvious thing to do now is to try out that safe. The opening solution is clearly 69.

Thanks for the boost - I hadn't seen the update for some reason, sorry pixaal - definitely still interested. I'll check out that white bone looking things, maybe a worm fren, maybe a friendly skellington!

Maybe take a taste test of the alleged 'fire brand' 'whiskey' too!

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

u]Manifisto[/u] changes the topic by telling Franklin that his floppy shirt is awesome.
Franklin looks at his feet "Well this shirt was the captain's, you know, Rufus? Well my shirt was, I needed a new shirt, and he wasn't going to use it again." He slumps getting a closer view of his own feet "you know he was in the first group, leading the charge as always, no one came back from that, then we marched and it's a bit of a blur I remember getting right up to Lorel my sword at her throat and it just couldn't cut her." He straightens up a bit looking deeply in thought and a bit confused.
Manifisto asks if it's safe here to break the tension "Why would I know? I thought you'd know, didn't you bring me here after the battle?" Franklin replies, when there is no immediate reply he barrels on "Where is here anyway? You were at the battle weren't ya? Didn't think any other humans were left 'sides us, Lorel saw to that. We're alive, so we won, right?". He looks hopeful, but also ready to be disappointed.
it's literally under the stairs, not a basement.

"franklin my dude we smoked up and you appeared. so yes, we won!"

I introduce my screaming snail friend to the safe, maybe as an expert on hard shells the snail will have ideas about how to get in

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
lore: ask about the battle