Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Mine was one about a plane that was blown up and it was important to know that IT HAD A PHOTO OF A CARCASS HANGING OFF A BEAM. WHY IS THIS IN A CHILDRIEND'S TEXTBOOK??

Tell me your stories!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i think i understand the thread but your example is confusing me are you talking about 9/11?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
probably the prices of them OP

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’ve forgotten everything I ever read in a school text book I’m pretty sure.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Mine had loads of cartoons of a kid in a backwards cap and sunglasses with a sly grin doing his revision and reading a copy of the same book he was featured in. He would repeatedly remind the reader that studying was COOL!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
mine told me america was good lol

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The history books painted Christopher Columbus as a heroic cool guy instead of a complete rear end in a top hat who had to coat himself with the blood of the natives to get off.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

text books is just liberal doctrination. Me and my kin gets our smarts from the Word and from the wisdom passed down from pop-pop

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yo op crack a book

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/preferred

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Chinatown posted:

probably the prices of them OP

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
one of our social studies books in elementary school had an appendix in the back depicting the seven wonders for the ancient world, and the colossus of rhodes' dick was out. I liked to flip over and look at it when no one was watching

I later learned the colossus of rhodes was destroyed thousands of years ago and we don't know what it looked like, so somebody just decided to draw it with a dick. also, we didn't learn about the seven wonders

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

one of our social studies books in elementary school had an appendix in the back depicting the seven wonders for the ancient world, and the colossus of rhodes' dick was out. I liked to flip over and look at it when no one was watching

I later learned the colossus of rhodes was destroyed thousands of years ago and we don't know what it looked like, so somebody just decided to draw it with a dick. also, we didn't learn about the seven wonders

If the ancients built it, we can be pretty confident it had its dick and/or breasts out. This was long before the intention of pants or Jesus.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
*finger hovers over google*

Disappointing

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
For a hilarious prank, the ancients would pour water out of the tip onto boats passing under so it would look like the statue was peeing on them. Many people died.

This wasn't in any textbook, but it ought to be.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Clearly he got the nickname Colossus from something else.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Catholics are closest to God, followed by Protestants, other Christians, Jews, and then people who aren't religious but still live by their conscience.

Also jacking off is a mortal sin and birth control can kill you and condoms might not work.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I had a textbook in high school that stated we would have earthquake, burglary, fire, germ, tornado, whatever -proof houses by the year 2000. This was in 2003.

Same book had under the definition of labor a picture of a happy white woman sitting in a chair and talking on a telephone. This rightfully made my predominantly working class Hispanic immigrant classmates pretty loving irate.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
My geography textbook told me filthy lies. It said there's a country called Yugoslavia. Yeah right, as if the Balkans could ever be united.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
My mom had some old textbooks from the 1930s. They were for high school kids. Algebra hasn't changed. The history and literature ones were more accurate, honest and rigorous than anything I got in Uni. Sure, they were only good for up til 1920 or so, but they were also prescient, claiming men would be on the Moon before the end of the century, war was inevitable and so on.

In contrast, my 9th grade history textbook helpfully explained that jousting was a 'pretend battle'. It also said man would soon be on the Moon.

This was in 1975.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

New textbooks talk about how there are 40 genders and how math is racist, probably. I don't know, I can't read. I narrated this post to a trained monkey.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

New textbooks talk about how there are 40 genders and how math is racist, probably. I don't know, I can't read. I narrated this post to a trained monkey.

Here in California there was a movement to teach children math based on their ethnicity. So black kids would get 'African Math', Hispanic kids would get Mayan math(never mind that the kids come from different cultural backgrounds, not just Yucatan), and so on. Asian kids would get White math. Yes, let's teach kids systems that have no modern relevance, that do not line up with modern practices, and effectively force them from jobs or education that requires math in any way, shape or form.

It didn't pass, thank God.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Loden Taylor posted:

Catholics are closest to God, followed by Protestants, other Christians, Jews, and then people who aren't religious but still live by their conscience.

Also jacking off is a mortal sin and birth control can kill you and condoms might not work.

Still havent forgiven the orthodox eh?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Khazar-khum posted:

It also said man would soon be on the Moon.

This was in 1975.

:tinfoil:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Our jv baseball coach taught biology. The man wore khaki shorts, a t-shirt and a fleece vest everyday. Flat top haircut as well.
The class involved coloring in printouts of the anatomy of various animals. I have fond memories of the dragon fly.
My highschool was terrible.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Milk build strong bones... and really loving strong hard arteries.

1969 baby
Apr 29, 2013
My World Book encyclopedias taught me about the Caucasoids, the Negroids, and the Mongoloids.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

ausweightneitz monika auszigzgustnizesatz

"Excellent, Monika, Excellent."

ok

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i learnt that if one train was heading northeast from point a at 96 miles per hour and another train was heading due south from point b at 130 miles per hour and they were due to intersect at point c i would be in no way qualified to handle the situation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im a younger millennial and my history book in school ended with Kennedy still alive and man not yet on the moon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

nankeen posted:

i learnt that if one train was heading northeast from point a at 96 miles per hour and another train was heading due south from point b at 130 miles per hour and they were due to intersect at point c i would be in no way qualified to handle the situation

It'd take some sort of engineer to solve that problem

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I argued with my English teacher over Robert Frost's _Mending Wall_. She claimed the subtext of the poem indicated that the author went out and tore down the wall himself during the offseason, which was *clearly* ludicrous as walking the wall to lift those rocks back into place seemed like a shitton of work but nooooo that bitch would not relent and marked me down because of it.

This actually happened and I am still angry.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Also: if you need any sentences diagrammed, I'm your man.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Pluto is a planet :eng99:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
pretty much every textbook I got in school had big black dicks drawn on every page. Sometimes it would become apparent at the end of the year that somebody drew big black cocks in permanent marker on every page

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

Abnormal Psychology: 11th Ed posted:

"Case reports exist of behavioral treatment designed to alter sex-role behaviors. These treatments have included helping men to shape specific behaviors, such as mannerisms and interpersonal behavior, to be more masculine (Barlow, Reynolds, & Agras). In three cases, these treatments were successful in helping patients change sex-role behavior, and changes were sustained (Barlow, Reynolds, & Blanchard) This work demonstrates that some sex-role behaviors may be amenable to change.

lol what a crock of poo poo, obviously the only solution is to :sever: as early and as often as possible.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Mine told me that Thomas Jefferson tried to free his slaves but they loved him and wanted to stay with him so much that they refused to be freed.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Pee is stored in something called a "bladder"

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

we used the Ven Conmigo spanish books and there was one guy who appeared over and over, shaking his fist at things. his car's open hood, the radio he was laying next to on a picnic blanket. i hope that dude has made peace with machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
i lived in rural illinois and our textbooks did not cover any event past ww2 except to say things happened and we came out on top somehow?