Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vancouver to Edmonton in a Ford Fusion is the longest I've done in a single sitting. Piss break, gas, and food in Kamloops, piss break and a bit of gas in Clearwater, piss break, gas, and food in some small town right inside Alberta, straight on to Edmonton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Down on power and metal in the oil? Yeah, she's hosed Jim.

2nd gear synchro has mostly checked out too, along with the cruise control, clutch pedal return spring, BCM is having issues, and I get a flashing CEL + lots of smoke on cold starts if it sits more than a few days.

shy boy from chess club posted:

Sitting for 3 years probably isn't a lot on a modernish car like that Corolla since rubbers and seals are made of much better materials than say mid 90s and older. I mean it is a Toyota but still I doubt it's going to be blowing rear main seals and stuff right away. Gas, tires and belts definitely and all the coolant hoses can be checked easily by squeezing them. New fluids for sure.

If you can get it for around 1000 and put 1000 into it you'd have a great runner for a long time with the new job not driving all day.

Only thing that comes to mind was that the vintage of the yota 4s burning oil and ruining cats? I remember one of my tdi buddies saying something about that but don't recall the years affected.

That was the next generation engine - this has the 1.8 1ZZ-FE, which is pretty solid AFAIK.

Goober Peas posted:

At least locally, they're running $3500-$4000 on dealer lots and around $3000 private sale. If you can pick this one up and make the necessary repairs and stay under $3500 I think you'll have a solid car. On the A/C I guarantee you're going to need to replace the whole system if it's been run dry as long as you say it has.

It got parked pretty quick after it quit working. I know when the condenser on my mom's Toyota cracked, it still held some pressure, but the low pressure switch was keeping it from kicking in. I'm hoping it's the same on this - where it may still have SOME pressure.

I'm not committed, but I'm going to go take a look at it next time I'm in Dallas. IF I get it, I fully intend to change all fluids, belts, and radiator hoses, along with possibly tires, before driving it home. Plus checking over the brakes.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 2, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Took the family to the new Aladdin movie. I enjoyed it. Kids enjoyed it. Baby (2yo) like the first 45 minutes and then was all done. I hung out with him for a while then my wife took him. It was our first time trying a theater show with him. He sits through them at home. Maybe because it wasn’t animated.

Kinda sucks that it’s nearly $50 in tickets for a matinee movie. Further cements me in enjoying my home theatre/projector more. Redbox a Blu-ray for $2 is a much better experience or buying the movie outright at $20.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

At least you had the respect for everyone around you and took the kid out. Saw that movie in Indianapolis and some motherfuckers in front of us had a kid about that age who got bored after even less time.

They handed the kid a loving phone when he wouldn't stop bouncing on the seat.

Movie was good though. No way Will Smith could measure up to coked up Robin Williams but they changed it up enough to play to his strengths.

Took the kiddo to the Detective Pikachu movie tonight finally. Cheesy but solid all the same, basically a PG Deadpool set in the Pokemon universe.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Took the family to the new Aladdin movie. I enjoyed it. Kids enjoyed it. Baby (2yo) like the first 45 minutes and then was all done. I hung out with him for a while then my wife took him. It was our first time trying a theater show with him. He sits through them at home. Maybe because it wasn’t animated.

Kinda sucks that it’s nearly $50 in tickets for a matinee movie. Further cements me in enjoying my home theatre/projector more. Redbox a Blu-ray for $2 is a much better experience or buying the movie outright at $20.

You can go to the desk and ask for your money back if you have to leave in the middle of it. I’ve never gotten beef when I’ve done it

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

You can go to the desk and ask for your money back if you have to leave in the middle of it. I’ve never gotten beef when I’ve done it

I got pork once

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

I got pork once

Hope you're not Jewish.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Hope you're not Jewish.

He was definitely not Jewish

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Why isn't this locked yet?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Got this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ilkhan posted:

Why isn't this locked yet?