Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I keep using Bowsette in these polls or is the meme dead
This poll is closed.
Bowsette will never die 73 23.03%
Please stop, it stopped being funny months ago 34 10.73%
Same as a above but I want to add it was never funny 47 14.83%
I really don't care either way 25 7.89%
Bowsette 138 43.53%
Total: 317 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
atelier comes out at the end of the month and i am very excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I recommended Atelier but you probably could have guessed that without checking

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I get this?
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1123651824886530048

I think I might be up for a "Multi-gun Battle RPG" that defines fate

wait for it to go under $20 unless you thrive on cool-seeming jank

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
half of all poll respondents will just respond "bowsette" regardless of the question posed, apparently

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Ok which is the best of the following Atelier games: Rorona, Totori, or Meruru?

Meruru is the best but I'd be doing you a disservice if I ended my post there. They're direct sequels to each other, Rorona->Totori->Meruru. Totori has a very different feel from the other two and is jankier too (Rorona got a remake that was made after Meruru so it's less jank despite being earlier in the trilogy). If you're the kind of person who has trouble going backwards in series because of QoL stuff, you'll ironically want to start in the middle here. So my recommendation is Rorona if you want the chronologically first, Totori if you want the one that is jankiest and thus hardest to transition to after experiencing non-jank, or Meruru if you just want the best one. Totori also has the best writing of the three if that's primarily what you're looking for.

Note that all three have some issues with crashing in the Switch versions specifically. The way to combat it is to branch your saves often (this is the default when saving so it's easy to do) and every so often just close completely out of the game--the problem arises when you just suspend the game and have a play session of a dozen or more hours without it ever being completely closed out.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Atelier Rarirurero

that one doesn't come out till 2023

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Meruru is my fave Arland mostly because I think that's the one where the crafting is the most fun by far.

Tales of Woe posted:

it turns into "everyone from the first 2 games comes in for a big party" before it has a chance to stake out its own identity.

This isn't wrong but I like all the returning characters and Meruru herself is my fave of the Arland alchemists

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

I started reading this as Atelier Rarity and got all excited to be a magical alchemy girl

I look forward to atelier exploding in popularity enough that you can google "Atelier <yourname>" the same way you can google "<yourname> the Hedgehog"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Most people can't draw the level of fanciness Atelier requires, sadly.

you're acting like you get a well-drawn hedgehog when you google that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if only people had immediately reacted negatively to all the teaser images of sonic they might have had enough warning to change things much much earlier in the process and fix it before it got to this point. Shame that this was a completely unavoidable tragedy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
sonic's gloves turning into white fur is still kinda hosed up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
tinfoil hat conspiracy: they couldn't figure out how to make sonic look good in this movie, so to get ahead of the story about sonic looking like crap, they released a trailer where he looks terrible. Like, the worst they could possibly make him look. So when they release the movie with their originally planned sonic model, people talk about how much better he looks even though he's still crap

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played the Indivisible demo at PAX its gonna take a very long time to rule extremely hard

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Danakir posted:

Legit not sure if that's meant to be praise or criticism.

I just meant it'll take forever to come out but be very good once it does

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm playing a PS2 game currently, on a PS2, with a legal PS2 game from my shelf

Take that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

an actual dog posted:

hell yea which game?

Atelier Iris 3

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

I had a ton of PS1/2 games and none of them work anymore because I kept them in a big pile of like 40 discs beside my tv

i did the same with gamecube games but those still work even with all the scratches somehow

My understanding is that superficial scratches almost never harm the underlying data, just the protective plastic, so it's just a question of whether the console can read the data even with scratches in the way. Apparently toothpaste is good for removing the top layer of plastic so you're left with a less-protected but scratch free disc

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will post a picture of my shelf when I get home but it's mostly DS and PS2 games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
most of my book shelf is filled with books so all the video games get crammed into a single shelf in increasingly elaborate ways that only still work because I almost never buy physical anymore

e: my books are in an even worse state because I have way too many books to sort in any reasonable way on the shelf so they just pile up horribly

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 3, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
pizza crust is bread and bread is great, therefore pizza crust is great

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

then why did you give all your dragonflowers to atiki

andrast is the fae fan I'm the tiki fan

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only one of my old N64 games I still have is Mischief Makers and I lost all my old GBC games to attrition but I'm pretty sure I still have more or less every other physical game I've ever bought for other systems

DS cases having a slot for GBA games was extremely helpful for not losing any of those

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 3, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My rule of thumb for oldish games is if people have talked about it recently. In other words, compulsively discuss your gaming as a shield against spoilers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Physical video games!

Primary shelf:

Secondary shelf:

Primary shelf but with the video games moved out of the way so you can see the other video games behind them:

video games

e: it had come to my attention that some video games are not fully visible in any of those shots. This is unacceptable

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 4, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

japanese video games, apparently

and myst

I've played plenty of western games (though not as many as Japanese still) but they're all digital PC copies

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You're allowed to say that the dog in ghost trick is the goodest dog in any video game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Thanks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

I'm mad that it's impossible to get

Did they stop offering the ARR special edition at some point?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
People laughed at me when I called LttP brutally difficult but I actually stand behind it. It gets easier once every dungeon has a million bubbles to turn into fairies but still

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

axelblaze posted:

Honestly the YIIK guy seems way way worse

If I had to illustrate the difference Cage comes off as a guy who has never actually played a game but assumes he understands all there is while yiik guy seems like a guy who has played many many games and will explain in detail why this means he's right

I thought the yiik guy was one of the people who hadn't played an rpg since ff6 here to "redefine" the obviously stale genre

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gripweed posted:

I know Fire Emblem has a big romance angle, am I gonna be able to make Alm get with the fancy lady on the pegasus or is he doomed to marry his not blood related sister?

Shadows of Valentia does not feature customizable romance

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lol if you haven't become a sliding block puzzle master through decades of gaming by this point

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

there’s you’re-on-ice-so-blocks-fly-in-a-straight-line

I like how pokemon XY knew that these were old hat and easy to veterans so it had one where the solution was realizing you could slide diagonally

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
vikings are cool though

I dunno exactly where they're putting you but there's a ton of cool places and periods they could put you if the hook was just "viking game". There were viking kingdoms from Ireland to Russia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
birds are tiny flying dinosaurs and they have my support

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

haveblue posted:

Bald eagles are actually pretty terrible animals. Ben Franklin recognized this and thought we should have gone with the turkey.

Franklin was proposing the Turkey as satire; his point was that the bald eagle was so trash even the Turkey would be a better option

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Verranicus posted:

Canadian Geese are the best birds.

they are garbage birds who poop everywhere and honk aggressively, actually

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
what's waypoint

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I liked DR v3 but I can't recommend it to someone who didn't enjoy the first two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

please don't post cursed images in this thread